Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage (711 Views)

Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens / Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage by hmm007: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2016
According to this post by Punch yesterday (http://punchng.com/dollar-scarcity-banks-suspend-atm-card-usage-abroad/), many banks are suspending the ability to pay for goods and services that is priced in dollar online. My question is what is the way around this?
If one switch to Dollar Domiciliary Account and use the Dollar Mastercard, won't the charges for Fx Outflows (Foreign Currency Outward Transfer) apply on every transaction? And those charges are huge!
Re: How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage by ugasonate(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
hmm007:
According to this post by Punch yesterday (http://punchng.com/dollar-scarcity-banks-suspend-atm-card-usage-abroad/), many banks are suspending the ability to pay for goods and services that is priced in dollar online. My question is what is the way around this?
If one switch to Dollar Domiciliary Account and use the Dollar Mastercard, won't the charges for Fx Outflows (Foreign Currency Outward Transfer) apply on every transaction? And those charges are huge!

There is way out, Even before banks announced this. I have stopped using ATM card because it costly using ATM card to purchase things from abroad.
Re: How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage by torhyb(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
ugasonate:

There is way out, Even before banks announced this. I have stopped using ATM card because it costly using ATM card to purchase things from abroad.
pls let us know the solution
Re: How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage by Brownhacks(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
hmm007:
did your bank send you any message that they stopped or did you attempt paying and it didn't work,don't spray news you don't have facts,abroad is different from internal except you try and it didn't work.
Re: How To Buy Online (aliexpress Etc) In Dollar As Banks Suspends Online ATM Usage by hmm007: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Brownhacks:
did your bank send you any message that they stopped or did you attempt paying and it didn't work,don't spray news you don't have facts,abroad is different from internal except you try and it didn't work.
And I guess you didn't read the Punch News article I attached. And yes I went to a GTB branch yesterday and their staff confirmed it.

This is part of the article
"Also suspended by the banks are online transactions priced in foreign currencies. This means that customers of the banks will no longer be able to use their debit or credit cards to make online transactions that are denominated in dollars, euros, pounds sterling and other foreign currencies."

(1) (Reply)

"Defending The Naira" An Opinion / Snacks Supplier In Benin And Delta States. / Mtn Vtu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.