Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension (428 Views)

An Open Letter to Federal Government by Great Ife Students' Union / Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of N449Million Found by EFCC To Federal Government / FG Withdraws Charges Against Supreme Court Registrar, Others Over N2.2bn Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by bumi10(m): 11:34am On Oct 18, 2016
Partly the reason why every Nigerians wants to be in politics and still as much as they can is because if you serve Nigeria diligently, they don't take care of their own. A former Nigerian ambassador to Egypt and Iran in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Ambassador Umar Bashir Wali, has cried out to the federal authorities over his N2, 400 monthly pension.

The retired diplomat stated that he served Nigeria all his life till 1st January 1990 when he retired from civil service on grade level 16 as a Nigerian ambassador and when his pension was about N50,000. He added that even with the several reforms on the pensions sector, his monthly pension kept shrinking instead of increasing, to the extent of being stopped for years.

“Even as a retired ambassador who served this nation for 36 years, for eight years, I had been receiving N1, 800 as my monthly pension and later it was increased to N2, 400; that is what I have been given as my pension in the last eight years. “I am 82 years and weak. I have written several complaints to pension office in Abuja to no avail. I have also gone there on several occasions to complain on the same issue. I have written and they promised to rectify but up till this moment nothing has been done about it.

“I am appealing to authorities concerned to as a matter of fairness look into this issue,” Ambassador Bashir Wali told Daily Trust. In response to the former ambassador’s case, the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) has said that the payment of the outstanding retirement benefits of Ambassador Umar Bashir Wali is awaiting approval.

The Head of Corporate Communications of the Directorate, Theodora Amechi said the pensioner was verified in November 2015 during a Civil Service Verification Exercise in Kano and his outstanding benefits processed. “The pensioner supplied affidavits for his letter of first appointment and letter of retirement which delayed the resolution of his complaint,” she said.

NB: This is the reason why every politician wants to still and lot, our police, navy, immigration and all government arms and forces wants to get all they can while they are still serving. Nigeria seems not to be taken care of their own. This is pathetic.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/10/retired-ambassador-cries-out-to-federal.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb

Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by HungerBAD: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2016
Just 2k4?

For a retired Ambassador,this is very bad. The Government of Buhari should look into this please.

1 Like

Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by bumi10(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2016
chai naija

1 Like

Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by bumi10(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just 2k4?

just imagine
Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by capatainrambo: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
OK y all these

lai muhamed said buhari has odour,
he said anybody that perceives the stench will mend his ways

yet here we are. stalk and stranded in this lonely wilderness. with the same corruption the zombies said they ve eradicated
the people preventing this man from getting his pension are they also in pdp?

let the zombies defend
posterity will judge them all

I'm a proud wailer
wailing for a better nigeria

1 Like

Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by naijamakossa(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Retired Ambassador Cries Out To Federal Goverment Over N2,400 Monthly Pension by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just 2k4?
You call it just because you have more than that.
Do you know how many people that are wishing to have this money you just called JUST

(1) (Reply)

Suspension: Jibrin Discontinues Case At Federal High Court / Photo:President Buhari Receives A Delegation From The Shell Global/upstream / Thugs Destroyin Properties In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.