Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears (14511 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / How To Evict Tenants And Recover Rent Arrears / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by AroOkigbo(m): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2016
charlie009:
Where do they expect him to get the money from. Abi make him go thief. Nonsense

ok, noted

now argue from the point of view of the landlord.
(assume you borrowed the money to build from a bank)

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by raphieMontella: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Bloody Tenant!!!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by chukzyblingz(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2016
What is a jobless man doing in a 450,000 house?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by vickylala239: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Keneking:
He should appeal

Lwkmd appeal as in....

The man is owing...

He got no money....

He lost his job....

How do the appeal with teeth or with money....

The court judgment is very Gud for him.....

He cnt prove that he has been paying....

Are u dreaming or wat

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by mayortm001(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Okaakoko:
900k?
No ooo 900NGN. undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by no1madman(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2016
kkboy:
Nice judgement. If you lose your job and can't afford to pay rent, is it not honorable that you pack out of the apartment. Why wait until you are dragged to court.
D tenant is just stupid and wicked..

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by omonnakoda: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2016
charlie009:
Go into a restaurant and eat till your belly burst or Check into the Nicon Noga Hotel ,stay there for one week then when it is time to pay tell them this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by freshcvvs: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car. When i got home,i explained to my dad what i did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day,when my dad woke up and opened the door,outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me,because the car was from the the Nepal company,they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again

Lol
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Okaakoko(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2016
mayortm001:
No ooo 900NGN. undecided
wink
mayortm001:
No ooo 900NGN. undecided
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by sweetilicious(f): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2016
salbis:
You no get job, you no get money and you want to stay in such house. Mr tenant you must be a dreamer. Wake up!
Exactly what happens to people that won't cut their coats to their size

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by moiaimi(f): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice judgement
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by redcliff: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2016
Keneking:
He should appeal

Appeal for what? Thats how you people want to always try to see if you csn twist the arm of the law. He admitted to not paying his rent. What kind of appeal fo you want again

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by redcliff: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2016
charlie009:

Like you would tolerate it in your own house.lol
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Zetra(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2016
my own ish is that court too they take time to give judgement.

wicked tenants many for Lagos, they will allow you to issue 6months notice, then 3months, then 7days or court. Court case will take forever, by that time the tenant will have started a year free then pack out without your notice.
you will lose both side.

but I'd court process for Landlord and Tenant cases is fast, then Tenants will always have good plan on paying, or quickly discuss with the landlord and stick to it, without all these court cases.

Imagine the tenant in this case stayed 2yrs... if the tenant had packed out before the judged date, the landlord would have lost both the rent and the money spent for lawyer

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Suerexxy: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Seriously?
Is someone really saying he should appeal? He lived in this house for these number of years..
1. When he lost his job and saw that he could no longer afford that rent, why didn't he source for another place?
2. Is the lanlord a fool? Nope! He is patient and in my judgement kind to have waited for you from 2014-2016...haba!
3. Why didn't he just plead with the landlord for them to settle outside court even if he pays it in Installments?
Very Good Judgement!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Suerexxy: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Thank you oo @ zetra.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by justmenoni: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Why can't he find another Job and as you said, why can't he plead with the landlord for some few times then save up for a smaller place... No ooo they will rather want to pressurize the landlord till it gets to this point, I still don't know why some tenants feel that LANDLORDS can't do them anything, there was actually one idiot here some weeks ago saying if he happens to be the tenant he will frustrate the hell out of the landlord, does that make any sense?

Suerexxy:
Seriously?
Is someone really saying he should appeal? He lived in this house for these number of years..
1. When he lost his job and saw that he could no longer afford that rent, why didn't he source for another place?
2. Is the lanlord a fool? Nope! He is patient and in my judgement kind to have waited for you from 2014-2016...haba!
3. Why didn't he just plead with the landlord for them to settle outside court even if he pays it in Installments?
Very Good Judgement!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by dman4mdmoon(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Well, the court didn't give a deadline when he should pay. For me, I believe it is "payable when able"

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Josmila(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car. When i got home,i explained to my dad what i did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day,when my dad woke up and opened the door,outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me,because the car was from the the Nepal company,they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again

You got jokes
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Josmila(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2016
That judgement is fair in my honest opinion. Just like landlords, some tenants are also wicked, after one you could not pay the rent, the sane thing to do is move out, find a place to squat with a family or friend until things normalize.. But he chose to stay for two years and kept posting the landlord with 'I'll pay..'
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:

Your head no correct..

lol
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by iamphill: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2016
pray not to ever be in that mans shoes, it is one of the worst things that can ever happen to a man especially if he is married with kid(s). just thank God you have a roof over your head......

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Chinom(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Wahala still dey for the landlordoo. He should have gone for outright eviction first. The man admits he owes rent, judge asks him to pay without a time frame to pay, the man agrees to pay, but says that he has no money at the moment.

The Landlord is in for a long thing because this tenant can still stretch this payment over 4 years while accumulating more debt. The best option for the Landlord is to find a way to get him out asap. He can then ask for the debt later. The judge did not ask for him to be evicted. The Landlord should be prepared to write off that money. That Aboki tenant fit get sharp sword for house.
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by omonnakoda: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
Chinom:
Wahala still dey for the landlordoo. He should have gone for outright eviction first. The man admits he owes rent, judge asks him to pay without a time frame to pay, the man agrees to pay, but says that he has no money at the moment.

The Landlord is in for a long thing because this tenant can still stretch this payment over 4 years while accumulating more debt. The best option for the Landlord is to find a way to get him out asap. He can then ask for the debt later. The judge did not ask for him to be evicted. The Landlord should be prepared to write off that money. That Aboki tenant fit get sharp sword for house.
You really have no clue. Once a payment order is issued against you the next step is to get bailiffs accompanied by police to start seizing and selling properties. The sale is by auction and that usually means low price less the cost of bailiffs. They can sell your car.Stop you on the road and take your watch ,phone ,wallet agbada etc.They can enter your home and empty everything.Thankfully now we have BVN. They can get an order for transfer. Thankfully we are establishing law and order in Nigeria.
I remember some years back when Maradona was stripped of Rolex watches and a diamond earring to pay debt he owed the Italian government. I think it was at an airport. There are even companies now that recover debt for a fee which will be added to the debt.

There should be no hiding place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by omonnakoda: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2016
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5057422.stm

Police seize Maradona's watches
Diego Maradona near Naples, wearing two watches on his wrists
Maradona was "very polite" throughout the incident, police said
Italian police have stripped two Rolex watches from Argentine football legend Diego Maradona to pay off some of his 30m euros ($39m) in back taxes.
The incident happened as the former star was visiting the city of Naples on Tuesday to play in a charity match.

The tax police said it had a judicial order authorising the seizure of anything of value "within plain sight".

Maradona ran up the debt while playing for Naples in 1984-1990. He says the club should have paid the taxes.

"We were surprised he was wearing [the Rolexes] because he knows that when he comes to Italy he risks losing something," Napoli tax police officer Geremia Guercia told the Associated Press news agency.

He said Maradona "was very polite, very gentle, very calm" throughout the incident.

Together the watches are worth about 10,000 euros, Mr Guercia said.

But he hoped they could fetch far more on auction because of Maradona's enduring fame among football fans.

Last year, Italian police seized his fee for appearing in a televised show.

The footballing legend led Argentina to its 1986 World Cup triumph and captained the national team in the 1990 tournament, when it reached the final.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by nurez305(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Chinom(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You really have no clue. Once a payment order is issued against you the next step is to get bailiffs accompanied by police to start seizing and selling properties. The sale is by auction and that usually means low price less the cost of bailiffs. They can sell your car.Stop you on the road and take your watch ,phone ,wallet agbada etc.They can enter your home and empty everything.Thankfully now we have BVN. They can get an order for transfer. Thankfully we are establishing law and order in Nigeria.
I remember some years back when Maradona was stripped of Rolex watches and a diamond earring to pay debt he owed the Italian government. I think it was at an airport. There are even companies now that recover debt for a fee which will be added to the debt.

You have a clue and you are using Maradona as an example. We are talking about an Hausa man in Abuja NIGERIA. Do not quote me again until you understand the difference
Till then, just keep on dreaming.
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by charlie009: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Exactly this r just my thoughts
iamphill:
pray not to ever be in that mans shoes, it is one of the worst things that can ever happen to a man especially if he is married with kid(s). just thank God you have a roof over your head......
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by Chinom(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
omonnakoda:

You have a clue and you are using Maradona as an example. We are talking about an Hausa man in Abuja NIGERIA. Do not quote me again until you understand the difference
Till then, just keep on dreaming. To compound your clueness, it's even Maradona in ITALY and not in Argentina. Need i say more.
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by alaskido(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Donmams:
Funny Judgment. The tenant admitted to the charge against him. But he says he has no money to pay. Yet the court is still ordering him to pay. Is the court going to give him the money?

Good question my brother. The man is out of job and has not money. How will he pay the N900k. Will he rob a bank to pay? The Landlord and lawyer are foolish to take a jobless man to court.
Re: Court Orders Tenant To Pay N900,000 Rent Arrears by d33types: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
charlie009:
He will first punish ur generation did I mention ur sick ass in my comment. Learn to respect people's opinion.

Charles Onyekwere. Learn to talk as well, else you'd get fĂșcked up pretty soon starting from your source of livelihood.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can you give me tips On How To Decorate My Bathroom / Our 2017 Projects Review With Pictures (electrical, Cctv, Whole House Audio,etc / NextHome Project Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.