Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK (1903 Views)

A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
A friend is stranded in d UK and i need to send him money urgently. I am willing to spare 80k cash. How can such money be sent.

The person has a Baclays bank account.

Thanks.

St. GuymanDspecies 2016
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by omega25red(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
bank transfer
western union
give to someone going to deliver
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by worry359(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
guymanDspecies:
A friend is stranded in d UK and i need to send him money urgently. I am willing to spare 80k cash. How can such money be sent.
Thanks.
St. GuymanDspecies 2016

Be careful!
While things my all be straight.
"Friend stranded needing cash"
Is a very well known scam from which many have been robbed.
Be careful!
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by chrisj2(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
That will be about £150-£165 tops.

I suppose your friend must be asking others for cash as well... £150 will not get that far. Stranded umm...
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
worry359:

Be careful! While things my all be straight. "Friend stranded needing cash" Is a very well known scam from which many have been robbed. Be careful!
It's my secondary school pal. I don't think it's a scam. He called me today
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Lexusgs430: 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
guymanDspecies:

It's my secondary school pal. I don't think it's a scam. He called me today

Have you called him? Friend stranded as stated, is a well known scam tactic............
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Have you called him? Friend stranded as stated, is a well known scam tactic............

I never tot of it that way. We dey pursue women together back then after secondary school. As he called be today and explained his suffering I was moved with pity. D number he uses to call me is not connecting, I just tried it now. But he dropped his Baclays account number with me so he is in UK

St GuymanDspecies inc
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by worry359(m): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
guymanDspecies:

I never tot of it that way. We dey pursue women together back then after secondary school. As he called be today and explained his suffering I was moved with pity. D number he uses to call me is not connecting, I just tried it now. But he dropped his Baclays account number with me so he is in UK

St GuymanDspecies inc
So SOMEONE dropped you a bank acc number.
but does not answer their phone.

Charity is wonderful, but check everything first.
As said this is a well known scam!
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by classichsy(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2016
Did he called with UK line? If yes then he might truly be stranded. Being in uk doesnt mean he cant be stranded,things might not be rosy as his initial plan. I once helped a friend just like this through Ria transfer. Ask for the account name and insist on talking to him directly on connecting UK line.don't hesitate to help your genuine friend only when you have confirm his genuinty.

guymanDspecies:

St GuymanDspecies inc
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
classichsy:
Did he called with UK line? If yes then he might truly be stranded. Being in uk doesnt mean he cant be stranded,things might not be rosy as his initial plan. I once helped a friend just like this through Ria transfer. Ask for the account name and insist on talking to him directly on connecting UK line.don't hesitate to help your genuine friend only when you have confirm his genuinty.

Thanks. Pls how is RIA transfer done.
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by sexysegxy: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
guymanDspecies:
Thanks.
St. GuymanDspecies 2016
My Guy be careful, i doubt if he ever told you while travelling but now in financial mess he remembered you, he didn't remember you to send you invitation to U.K on a visit or to send you Pounds.
Im sure he has relatives to call for help.
Be careful,
Be careful,
Be careful.
Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
sexysegxy:

My Guy be careful, i doubt if he ever told you while travelling but now in financial mess he remembered you, he didn't remember you to send you invitation to U.K on a visit or to send you Pounds.
Im sure he has relatives to call for help.
Be careful,
Be careful,
Be careful.

You are kinda ryt sha. I just hate it wen people are stranded. Cos I've been there before and it wasn't funny. I slept on d streets for days because no one trusted me because of my previous antecedence. So anytime I hear stranded i'm always moved. I done dey burn d money on alcohol already self because after calling me and sending me his account number d number he used in reaching me is not going thru. I hope d G is safe.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send Money To Someone In UK by classichsy(m): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2016
oh that was 2014 not sure if its still going anymore...
like others have said on here, confirm very well if he is saying the truth before you proceeed with your goodwill.

guymanDspecies:

Thanks. Pls how is RIA transfer done.

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs of Studying in a Foreign land / Benin To Port Harcourt! / Lgbo Name Of Fishes With Their English Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.