Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Atm Card Suspension - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Atm Card Suspension (612 Views)

Which Nigerian ATM Card Supports Facebook/instagram Adverts? / Use Atm Card To Purchase Online Without Card Pin (help Pls) / Pls What's The Best ATM Card For Running Facebook Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atm Card Suspension by ayodeji1975: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Deposit Money Banks stopped their naira debit cards from dispensing dollars to customers via ATM in foreign countries, as well as disallowed the cards from being used for online and Point of Sale transactions. This affected me today as I was about paying through my card for my website hosting in America. Can anyone advise on the way out please especially those of us who could not do without transacting business online.
Re: Atm Card Suspension by ZinoFego: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
I had the same experience with my First Bank's MasterCard, called its customer care, was told the bank no longer allow foreign currency online purchase using its cards.

Gtb came to my rescue but the card is limited to $100 maximum every month.

You can use Gtb with the aforementioned limitation.

ayodeji1975:
Deposit Money Banks stopped their naira debit cards from dispensing dollars to customers via ATM in foreign countries, as well as disallowed the cards from being used for online and Point of Sale transactions. This affected me today as I was about paying through my card for my website hosting in America. Can anyone advise on the way out please especially those of us who could not do without transacting business online.
Re: Atm Card Suspension by FincoApps(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2016
ayodeji1975:

You can also try using PayPal

Transfer the money to someone with PayPal funds and in turn they transfer the equivalent to your PayPal account
Re: Atm Card Suspension by ZinoFego: 8:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Does your Nigeria PayPal account accept funds?

FincoApps:

You can also try using PayPal

Transfer the money to someone with PayPal funds and in turn they transfer the equivalent to your PayPal account
Re: Atm Card Suspension by FincoApps(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2016
ZinoFego:
Does your Nigeria PayPal account accept funds?

My PayPal account was created in US so yea I receive funds. Contrary to popular belief:

1. I use my Nigerian card for an account that was created in US and it works as expected
2. I do not use any form of vpn and I'm currently in Nigeria and my account still works
Re: Atm Card Suspension by ZinoFego: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2016
Can you at the moment use your Nigeria ATM card attached to that USA PayPal account to make payment?

FincoApps:

My PayPal account was created in US so yea I receive funds. Contrary to popular belief:

1. I use my Nigerian card for an account that was created in US and it works as expected
2. I do not use any form of vpn and I'm currently in Nigeria and my account still works
Re: Atm Card Suspension by FincoApps(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2016
ZinoFego:
Can you at the moment use your Nigeria ATM card attached to that USA PayPal account to make payment?

I'm not talking about my card. I'm talking about my PayPal funds. So yes I can, except what I'm paying for exceeds what I have in my PayPal account, then there might be issues.

My point is, if your hosting costs you $100, and I transfer $100 to your PayPal account, you would not have any problem paying
Re: Atm Card Suspension by ZinoFego: 11:47am On Oct 19, 2016
My question is....can a PayPal account opened in Nigeria receive funds?

FincoApps:

I'm not talking about my card. I'm talking about my PayPal funds. So yes I can, except what I'm paying for exceeds what I have in my PayPal account, then there might be issues.

My point is, if your hosting costs you $100, and I transfer $100 to your PayPal account, you would not have any problem paying
Re: Atm Card Suspension by FincoApps(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2016
ZinoFego:
My question is....can a PayPal account opened in Nigeria receive funds?

As at now, NO!!
Re: Atm Card Suspension by ZinoFego: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2016
So if the guy's PayPal was opened in Nigeria, then getting a Nigeria ATM like that of Gtb will be his only viable option at the moment.

FincoApps:

As at now, NO!!
Re: Atm Card Suspension by bedfordng(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
ayodeji1975:
most of the baits atm card are being limited for international transaction. your only hope is to use some one with foreign PayPal or go for dollar dominated card

(1) (Reply)

Get Domain Name From Godaddy.com For Your Website In Nigeria. / Dropshipping In Nigeria / How To Add New In-feed Adsense Ad Unit To Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.