Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Please Read It - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Read It (432 Views)

If You Are A Participant In The Agricultural Industry, Please Read This / Before U Buy That Farmland Please Read The Land Use Act & Ask The Right Question / Amazing Opportunity, Pls Read It, It Will Do You Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Read It by festubaba: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bosede Olusola-Obasa: TALE of a REAL ESTATE ILLITERATE This is not my regular serving to my dear facebook friends on a Monday; but I had to respond to the moral burden to share with you my personal story. Please learn the lessons and take the right decisions TODAY! When this is done, I will feel satisfied that I have added value to your life and THAT’S CHARACTER! Many of you already know that I worked with a well-paying media house for over one decade (specifically between the ages 25-39), before resigning to pursue my dream – character training, consultancy and advocacy. I, however, want to tell you today something that I didn’t get right as an employee of that organisation; please follow my thoughts with an open mind because I don’t want you to fall into the same condition. I WAS A STARK REAL ESTATE ILLITERATE FOR LONG, THOUGH FINANCIALLY EDUCATED! One fateful day in 2011, a very good friend and colleague (names withheld), informed me that her family would soon relocate to the house they had built. I was glad to hear the news but also stupefied. I wondered how a colleague who worked as a Desktop Department seemed smarter than a reporter. She asked if I was already doing something about that too but my answer was NO; she felt disappointed and educated me on the importance of investing in real estate. I later found out that virtually everyone in that department already moved or where in the process of moving into their own homes. That couldn’t be said of many reporters like me then – and those who knew better, only took the step after they had risen to key positions. Yes, we invested in different platforms, but they seemed to understand real estate better. I eventually became literate and started investing in lands too; I wish that I started earlier. Please learn from these illiterate mindsets that initially worked against me: 1. As an engaged single, working class lady I had thought that owning a land could be an affront! *I later realised, howbeit too late, that it wasn’t true! Investing in plots of land is just the same as any other investments that I was already a part of! So, just anybody who can save money can own a land. 2. After marriage, we wanted to wait until there was enough cash to buy a land and build in the city centre. *We realised much later that we didn’t have to live in the ‘bush’ where we owned the land – that owning one in the ‘bush’ was better than not having any. To bring this point home: Last week a family friend visited me in the office and I was sharing with him the ‘real estate gospel’. He told me something that set me thinking again – he said that he recently stumbled on a receipt showing that a particular plot of land was bought at N5,000 in Satellite Town, Festac area, Lagos, in the late eighties. Today, he said, a plot in that same vicinity goes for a minimum of N20million naira! Many of you knew when Akowonjo was a bush and you disdained investing in it. That is the true story of real estate investment. Back to my lessons: 3. At other times, my family thought that buying a land required an outright bulk payment, so we concentrated on other things first, hoping that owning a house could come on later. *I however found out, that there are credible companies that allow one to own a plot of land by paying in installments! It dawned on me that a house should come top in ones list of priorities, even before a luxury car! I will stop my story there … Now, to you my educated friends, who are still as illiterate as I was, please note: - It is not whether you earn fat or meager pay on your current job that will secure the future; it is the quality and timely investment decisions that you make while you have the job. - The end of the year is approaching, and I know many of you are saving up some money to get a new car to reward yourself, wife or family; some want to throw a party for friends to celebrate a new status; some want to travel abroad for the festive seasons; some want to change their entire wardrobe to conform with the latest trends; some want to change the interiors of their very expensive, rented apartment for the end of the year and so on. - Hear me now – if you do not yet have a plot of land to your credit and you do any of the above or anything in that category, you are still an illiterate! - May be for you, your concern is how to get a credible company to relate with on this. That’s where I am doing this, this morning. I recommend Pertinence Limited to you. I work with them and can vouch for their integrity. Take my word for it! - My dear friend, REWARD YOURSELF AND FAMILY WITH A PLOT OR ANOTHER PLOT OF LAND THIS TIME! One for each member of your family is the least you should do. So, if you have some already get more, rather than leave your money in the banks and aat the mercy of a volatile exchange rate! - IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO START, DON’T LET YOUR CHILDREN BLAME YOU TOMORROW, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MEGA PROMO BY PERTINENCE LIMITED TO BY AT HUGE DISCOUNTS - Call 08170579767 to inquire about this last quarter promotions sale for plots of land in choice locations. MORE ON THE PROMO AND REAL ESTATE EDUCATION SUMMIT ... *It comes up this Saturday, Oct 22, at 11am. *Venue is De Santos Hotel premises,, Akowonjo Round About, Egbeda Lagos. FEATURES: *Buy plots of land at all our estate locations at heavy discounts. You can pay at the venue. *Enjoy payment by installments. *Win a free plot in a raffle. *Win a free two bedroom bungalow house in a raffle. *Win an all-expense paid price to Dubai in a raffle. *Hear from Olumide Emmanuel, how he built wealth through real estate, don’t be an illiterate! *Join the Pertinence Limited Team of marketers as another flexible stream of income for your family (yours truly, Bosede Olusola-Obasa, belongs to this team). FINALLY: To participate, you need to register with N5,000 and get a ticket before the day. Candid advice: Don’t come late to the programme, we are very punctual. I wish you the very best – start calling 07033968284. or visit www .pertinentgroup.com SHARE THIS IF YOU CARE!

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Pups Available...booking In Progress. / Farm Land In Abeokuta For Sale / Frozen Meat Dicing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.