Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) (1041 Views)

Doctors Remove Huge Cucumber From Lady's Body. Nigerians React (Graphic Pics) / Do You Have This Hole On Your Ear?(photo) / Photo: Unknown Object In My Son Ear. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by Toonice(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hello house, please my son inserted unknown object into his ear in the school, am seen this object in his ear myself. What funny is that he is not felling any pains but the small object is in his ear. I discover this when trying to clean his ear. I took him to state hospital akure ondo state where I was ask to bring 8k before they can remove it. Please house I don't hv any money on me presently, do I just forget it and leave the object there or can u prescribed any drug that can remove it for me that is affordable.

Thanks

Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by lindashealthwat(f): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
this is serious.

as the object is visible your son needs to be calm and cooperative so you will carefully try to remove the object with blunt-ended tweezers

or go to the nearest Pharmacists

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by tonaydo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
take him to a pharmacy
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by bigtt76(f): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Put drops of olive oil inside the ear and you might be lucky the object will slip out.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by EHMIR(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
An unknown object,nd u want to leave it nd just forget

ABeg do sometin bout it,asap
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
If you love your son you better borrow money to take him back to the hospital or find a cheaper alternative with a roadside pharmacist.
Trying to remove it yourself might lead to digging the object deeper into the ear. Try it at your own risk.
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by uboma(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigtt76:
Put drops of olive oil inside the ear and you might be lucky the object will slip out.

Excellent advise.

the object will eventually slip out after repeated input of olive oil.
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
dont take him to any pharmacist or else dey will make d case worse....take him to c a doctor preferably am ENT surgeon
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by olamik123(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
Go and ask Dr Kunlenturu
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by Toonice(m): 5:18am On Oct 20, 2016
Thx all for your excellent advice. Am grateful.
Re: How Can I Remove This From My Son Ear (photo) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Please, don't use oil to try make the object float out unless the object looks like an insect.

Oil may cause corrosion of the object if the said object has corrosive tendencies. So don't take that risk.

If the object isn't an insect, please use the blunt-tipped "tweezers" (or hemostat) as suggested by someone earlier to gently pull out the object since it is visible. (You and your child must be work hand-in-hand here. He must be very still so as not to make you push the object further into the ear in your attempt to remove it).

Also, you could use the water-irrigation style. Place the child's head on a towel-covered table with the affected ear facing upwards (you could place a soft pillow underneath to make him comfortable) and use a syringe (without the needle) filled with warm-water to irrigate the ear affected. Do so by pressing on the plunger of the syringe to gently squirt water into the ear to flush it and watch for the object floating
out... (Make sure you pull backwards and downwards gently, towards gravity (the ground), on the earlobe when flushing with water using the needle-less syringe).

Finally, a more common method is to tilt the head with the affected ear facing the ground so as to allow gravity try pull it out... (Since the object is visible)... If that doesn't work, then the above should.

Note: if the child complains of pains in the ear, then his eardrum may have been perforated. In this case, avoid risking the use of oil or water-irrigation... He should see an ENT expert or doctor. Or the "tweezer" method should be used by you or someone you know who has steady hands and good hand-eye coordination.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Humbling Picture / BREAST CANCER : See What This Woman Had To Do To Her Breasts / Do You Know That Eating Groundnut Daily Can Make You Live Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.