Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal (21620 Views)

Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal To Declare Him Winner Of Edo Governorship Election / Profile Of Osagie Ize-Iyamu PDP Governorship Candidate In Edo / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AllTheWayUp: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
The People’s Democratic Party and its governorship candidate in the September 28 governorship polls in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has filed a petition against the outcome of the election.

In the petition, Pastor Ize-Iyamu is asking the tribunal to declare him winner of the election.

Candidate of the All Progressive Congress, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, was declared winner of the election after polling 319,483 votes against 253,173 votes garnered by Pastor Ize-Iyamu.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu beat the deadline by filing the petition at about 4:45pm even though party supporters and reporters had waited at the tribunal since 12noon.

He was accompanied by the state party leaders and supporters.

State Chairman of the party, Chief Dan Orbih, said they filed the petition within the stipulated time as defined by the Electoral Laws.

Chief Orbih said they presented what he termed ‘a very good case’ before the tribunal.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu said they are asking the tribunal to declare him winner of the election.

His words, “We just filed and in the next few days, you will begin to get brief about what is at stake. We are asking the court to declare us as the rightful winner of the election.

“Edo people know who won the election. We are law abiding despite the injustice. I thank Edo people for their patience despite their anger against the results announced by INEC.

“Throughout the campaigns, our people kept asking us if we were ready to defend the votes they are going to give to us. We assured them and they came out to vote for us. Democracy will not thrive if you allow people to allocate votes. Our case is a strong one and by the time sitting will start, Edo people will be amazed at the impunity to win at all cost.”

https://www.today.ng/politics/200206/edo-guber-declare-winner-ize-iyamu-tells-tribunal

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AllTheWayUp: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pastor Ize-Iyamu said they are asking the tribunal to declare him winner of the election.

If the tribunal orders that the ballot papers be brought to the court and recounted and compared with the result and figure that INEC announced, that will be the game changer on who becomes the legitimate Governor of Edo State.

This was what happened in the case of;

Osun State Election : Aregbeshola VS Oyinlola

Ondo State Election: Mimiko VS Agagu

Ekiti State Election : Fayemi vs Oni

Edo State Election : Oshiomole vs Osunbor

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by sosanova: 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
[b]This is Oshiomole vs Osunbor 2007 happening all over again

PDP doesn't want cancellation of the election, but PDP wants the tribunal to order a re-count of the ballot papers at INEC office and compare with the fictitious and fake results and figures that INEC announced.

The best APC can do now is to prevent the tribunal from ordering a recount of the ballot papers in the court and the results is compared with the results that INEC announced.

Even APC chieftains and supporters in across Edo state are aprehensive over the inevitable and impending tribunal order which will order INEC to bring all the ballot papers used in the election and be counted in Court and compared to the result that INEC annouced.

It will be very hard for APC and Oshiomole to defend the figures that INEC announced to the whole world as the final result from Edo election as against what APC and PDP representatives saw and inspected at INEC office in Benin City last week.

Almost a month after the election wad conducted, INEC is still yet to upload the results of what they announced to the whole world on INEC website, the results INEC announced to the whole world is very contradictory, such instances is; several parties whose names where not found on the ballot papers on the election day and the ballot papers at the INEC office but these parties were allocated votes in the results that INEC announced.

Both PDP and APC supporters Who various party representatives inspected the election materials last week after the tribunal granted both parties permission to do so are speaking are already speaking in hush tones across Benin City that the results sheets and ballots papers at INEC office benin city was contrary to what INEC annouced. [/b]

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by dunkem21(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
The court brought oshiomole the same court would bring in iyamu

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AllTheWayUp: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
sosanova:
[b]This is Oshiomole vs Osunbor in 2007 happening all over again

PDP doesn't want cancellation of the election, but PDP wants the tribunal to order a re-count of the ballot papers at INEC office and compare with the fictitious and fake results and figures that INEC announced.

The best APC can do now is to prevent the tribunal from ordering a recount of the ballot papers in the court and the results is compared with the results that INEC announced.

Even APC chieftains in across Edo state are aprehensive over the inevitable and impending tribunal order which will order INEC to bring all the ballot papers used in the election and be counted in Court and compared to the result that INEC annouced.

It will be very hard for APC and Oshiomole to defend the figures that INEC announced to the whole world as the final result from Edo election as against what APC and PDP representatives saw and inspected at INEC office in Benin City last week.

Both PDP and APC representatives Who inspected the election materials after the tribunal granted both parties permission to do so, are already speaking in hush otnes across benin city that the figures of the results sheets and ballots papers they inspected at INEC office benin city last week was contrary to what INEC annouced. [/b]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by elose: 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
sosanova:

Even APC chieftains and supporters in across Edo state are aprehensive over the inevitable and impending tribunal order which will order INEC to bring all the ballot papers used in the election and be counted in Court and compared to the result that INEC annouced.

Almost a month after the election wad conducted, INEC is still yet to upload the results of what they announced to the whole world on INEC website, the results INEC announced to the whole world is very contradictory, such instances is; several parties whose names where not found on the ballot papers on the election day and the ballot papers at the INEC office but these parties were allocated votes in the results that INEC announced.

Both PDP and APC supporters Who various party representatives inspected the election materials last week after the tribunal granted both parties permission to do so are speaking are already speaking in hush tones across Benin City that the results sheets and ballots papers at INEC office benin city was contrary to what INEC annouced. [/b]

Are you sure? How did you come about these information? Agreed, PDP won that election. But can they prove they were out rigged by Oshomhole and APC?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by kcmichael: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
PDP can never win,tribunal will strike off this case.mark my word.pdp must die a natural death. Ondo state loading...,,,,,,,

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by ndcide(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
AllTheWayUp:

If the tribunal orders that the ballot papers be brought to the court and recounted and compared with the result and figure that INEC announced, that will be the game changer on who becomes the legitimate Governor of Edo State.

This was what happened in the case of;

Osun State Election : Aregbeshola VS Oyinlola

Ekiti State Election : Fayemi vs Oni

Edo State Election : Oshiomole vs Osunbor

That should be the case. In fact I'd prefer if the count don't correspond with the result without reasonable explanation, the election should be nullified

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by ndcide(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
sosanova:

The problem may be if they don't temper with the ballot papers in that store.

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AllTheWayUp: 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
ndcide:

The problem may be if they don't temper with the ballot papers in that store.

As at last week to this week what APC and PDP representatives saw and inspected at the INEC office in terms of ballot papers and results sheets and reported back to their various parties and lawyers in Benin City were in sharp contrast to the results INEC announced .

it's already too late to temper with the ballot papers since PDP has already executed the court order to inspect ballot papers and result sheets, that was where PDP outsmarted APC. PDP has already documented and captured on camera the ballot papers and results sheets that were inspected at INEC office in benin city.

Even if they want to tamper with the ballot papers, PDP has already made arrangements to bring in forsenic experts and scanners to the tribunal to verify the hundred of thousands of thumbprinted ballot papers, this was what the then ACN which now APC did in reclaiming their mandate in Osun State, Edo State, Ondo State and Ekiti State in 2006 and 2007 at the tribunal and eventually at the appeal court.

No fingerprints of different individuals anywhere in the world are the same or alike.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AllTheWayUp: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
elose:

Are you sure? How did you come about these information? Agreed, PDP won that election. But can they prove they were out rigged by Oshomhole and APC?

[b]

The biggest and greatest fear of Edo State APC right now is ;

If the Tribunal orders that the ballot papers and results sheets used in Edo election be brought to court and recounted compared to the figures and results that INEC released.

This was the same scenario that played out between Oshiomole VS Osunbor in 2007 at the tribunal, where tribunal ordered the ballot papers had to be recounted in the court and compared against the fake and fictitious results and figures that INEC released, which eventually sacked Osunbor as Governor of Edo State and ordered declared Oshiomole as the Legitimately and Authentic Elected Governor of Edo State

Quote me....in the coming weeks ahead, you will hear Edo state APC asking the tribunal and even go as far as approaching a Federal high court or state high court to decline PDP request to order the recounting of ballot papers inside the court room and the figures and results compared with the results that INEC released.

Every stakeholders and key decision makers in Edo APC and Edo PDP are all trying to play safe, cos the tide might change.

I have associates and relations who are key decision makers and stakeholders in both Edo state APC and Edo State PDP, this information and permutations I am posting are confidential information which are only exclusive to the political elites in Edo state.

[/b]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by ndcide(m): 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
AllTheWayUp:

As at last week to this week what APC and PDP representatives saw and inspected at the INEC office in terms of ballot papers and results sheets and reported back to their various parties and lawyers in Benin City were in sharp contrast to the results INEC announced .

it's already too late to temper with the ballot papers since PDP has already executed the court order to inspect ballot papers and result sheets, that was where PDP outsmarted APC. PDP has already documented and captured on camera the ballot papers and results sheets that were inspected at INEC office in benin city.

Even if they want to tamper with the ballot papers, PDP has already made arrangements to bring in forsenic experts and scanners to the tribunal to verify the hundred of thousands of thumbprinted ballot papers, this was what the then ACN which now APC did in reclaiming their mandate in Osun State, Edo State, Ondo State and Ekiti State in 2006 and 2007 at the tribunal and eventually at the appeal court.

No fingerprints of different individuals anywhere in the world are the same or alike.

ok
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by Tremor007: 12:58am On Oct 20, 2016
Too late for Oshiomole to wail. Pastor Ize Iyamu and PDP definitely have a good case.

8 Likes

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by agabusta: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Some people are petty. They think it is when they repeat and repeat the same arguments that it will be regarded as the truth.

14 Likes

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by genearts(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2016
AllTheWayUp:

[b]

The biggest and greatest fear of Edo State APC right now is ;

If the Tribunal orders that the ballot papers and results sheets used in Edo election be brought to court and recounted compared to the figures and results that INEC released.

This was the same scenario that played out between Oshiomole VS Osunbor in 2007 at the tribunal, where tribunal ordered the ballot papers had to be recounted in the court and compared against the fake and fictitious results and figures that INEC released, which eventually sacked Osunbor as Governor of Edo State and ordered declared Oshiomole as the Legitimately and Authentic Elected Governor of Edo State

Quote me....in the coming weeks ahead, you will hear Edo state APC asking the tribunal and even go as far as approaching a Federal high court or state high court to decline PDP request to order the recounting of ballot papers inside the court room and the figures and results compared with the results that INEC released.

Every stakeholders and key decision makers in Edo APC and Edo PDP are all trying to play safe, cos the tide might change.

I have associates and relations who are key decision makers and stakeholders in both Edo state APC and Edo State PDP, this information and permutations I am posting are confidential information which are only exclusive to the political elites in Edo state.

[/b]
You people have started with your online bragging again. You think the Tribunal judges are no NL?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by skimmy005: 6:11am On Oct 20, 2016
all dis pdp supporters dn come with dia hope speach aqain.. kip driming o.. Edo is for APC. pdp are just wastin dia tym

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by martineinstein(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
wetin this pastor smoke sef

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by AngryNigerian(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
Ize-Iyamu! Kee way?
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by kings09(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok. Over to you Tribunal.
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
Observing........

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by moscobabs(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
u put ham for mouth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by saintkel(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
Dear Tribunal don't be intimidated by DSS n its cohorts,do ur duty with d fear of God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by serverconnect(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
Let them did the needful
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
martineinstein:
esan weed :p

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
martineinstein:
He has the right to seek Justice cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by Samexdx(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2016
Why am i even here?
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by ILoveToFuCcK: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2016
Winner of what? Best olosho fυcker of the year?

I hold that tittle angry
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by clevadani: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2016
OK sah
Come and collect the certificate

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by martineinstein(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2016
kingcity:
, esan weed :p
na owan weed o
Re: Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal by Otapipia: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2016
sosanova:

I view of the recent happening,the judge dare not give any judgement against apc's interest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Campaign Posters Of Abdulrasheed Maina In Borno, Kaduna & Bauchi / Kuje Prison Certifies Obiajulu Ujah ‘Mentally Unstable' / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.