Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Allegory Of The Ball - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allegory Of The Ball (686 Views)

A Response To The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden's Account Of The Fall / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Is Songs Of Solomon An Allegory Of God's Love For The Church Or Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allegory Of The Ball by SeunLanLege(m): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Person 1: I have a ball.

Person 2: Really? Prove it.

Person 1: You can't prove the ball doesn't exist!, the ball lives in the sky!, the ball works in mysterious ways!, the ball is a spirit! , you need to believe in the ball to see it!

Person 2:

Without a doubt, from this conversation even the religious ones would agree that person 1 is as crazy as they come. But replace "Ball" with "God" and their religious bias is switched on and they'll tell you person 2 is the one who's as crazy as they come.

This allegory doesn't seek to start another Theist vs Atheist debate (Frankly I don't have time for that,Goodluck debating yourself ).
It only outlines that religion and logic are incompatible, and religious people are biased when it comes to logically examining their beliefs.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allegory Of The Ball by hopefulLandlord: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice one
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by EyeHateGod: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2016
grin Nice thread
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by hopefulLandlord: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
nice analogy
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by DoctorAlien(m): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
SCENE ONE

Person 1: I have a GOD. He created all that is seen and unseen. He predated matter, space and time. No one can see Him. He is a Spirit and, thus, invisible. However people who are pure in heart will see Him one day.

Person 2: Because I cannot see GOD, He does not exist.

Person 1: Really? Do you know that you just committed a logical fallacy? It is called "appeal to ignorance."

Person 2: ...

Person 1: Anyway, GOD has made Himself seen in the Person of Jesus Christ. Anyone who has encountered Jesus has encountered the Person of GOD.

Person 2: (starts shouting) GOD does not exist! GOD does not exist! GOD does not exist! GOD does n...(light fades)

1 Like

Re: Allegory Of The Ball by DoctorAlien(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
SCENE TWO

(Person 1 enters and meets Person 2 still yelling...)

Person 2: (on top of his voice) ...ot exist! I can't see GOD! Therefore He does not exist. GOD does not exist!

Person 1: Okay, Okay Okay. I have a question for you: does the electron exist?

Person 2: (almost immediately) Yes of course.

Person 1: Have you seen an electron before?

Person 2: (stammers...) Erm... Scientists have seen the electron.

Person 1. If scientists have seen the electron: is it a zero-radius point or does it have a radius? What is its radius?

Person 2: ... (starts shouting after 10 seconds) GOD does not exist! GOD does not exist! GOD does not...

*light fades*

1 Like

Re: Allegory Of The Ball by akintom(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Person 1: I have a GOD. He created all that is seen and unseen. He predated matter, space and time. No one can see Him. He is a Spirit and, thus, invisible. However people who are pure in heart will see Him one day.

Person 2: Because I cannot see GOD, he does not exist.

Person 1: Really? Do you know that you just committed a logical fallacy? It is called "appeal to ignorance."

This is highly unfortunate that you of all apologists on parade here, will still be romancing this " appeal to ignorance" argument, which has been consigned to conclusive invalid ground.
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by akintom(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
DoctorAlien:
SCENE ONE

Person 1: I have a GOD. He created all that is seen and unseen. He predated matter, space and time. No one can see Him. He is a Spirit and, thus, invisible. However people who are pure in heart will see Him one day.)

Before you gallop into meaninglessness, the first question is: by what means did you "know" this your outrageous claims?
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by DoctorAlien(m): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
akintom:

Before you gallop into meaninglessness, the first question is: by what means did you "know" this your outrageous claims?

By the means of my encounter with GOD.
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by mohamedali(m): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
please visit the site to see the reality of life
https://islamhouse.com/en/videos/450006/
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by akintom(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

By the means of my encounter with GOD.

Encounter of this nature i guess?
https://www.nairaland.com/3538407/what-encounter-god

You certainly expected me to take seriously, your singular experience, that can possibly be a symptoms of some psychedelic behavior secondary to organic damage or chemical intercourse with some brain centers?
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by DoctorAlien(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2016
akintom:

Encounter of this nature i guess?
https://www.nairaland.com/3538407/what-encounter-god

You certainly expected me to take seriously, your singular experience, that can possibly be a symptoms of some psychedelic behavior secondary to organic damage or chemical intercourse with some brain centers?

You have said it all: my encounter with GOD could be real and genuine.

Or not.

You can't tell. But it will become fallacy on your part to label it alse false/delusion when you really can't tell.
Re: Allegory Of The Ball by akintom(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
SCENE ONE

DoctorAlien:

You have said it all: my encounter with GOD could be real and genuine.
You don't get. How did you come about or "know", that what you interacted with in your "encounter" is named God?

DoctorAlien:

You can't tell. But it will become fallacy on your part to label it alse false/delusion when you really can't tell.
When you come up with the assertion of yours, that i quoted above, without empirical evidence, even a toddler will define you as lower in intelligence compared to him/her.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Help Organize A Christmas Party For The Special Needs Kids Home / Rccg Digging Deep / Say No To Sex Outside Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.