Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy (1517 Views)

Interpol Recommends EFCC As Africa’s Model In Anti-corruption War / Obanikoro’s N40m Refund Cheque To EFCC Bounces / Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa's Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by adewales4: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2016

A new report from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected Nigeria as Africa’s biggest economy, in spite of its current challenges.
Nigeria is placed ahead of South Africa and Egypt which are second and third respectively.

In August, Nigeria was reported to have lost its position as Africa’s biggest economy to South Africa, following the recalculation of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).But the IMF’s World Economic Outlook for October, puts Nigeria’s GDP at 415.08 billion dollars, from 493.83 billion dollars in 2015, while South Africa’s GDP was put at 280.36 billion dollars, from 314.73 billion dollars in 2015.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/nigeria-bounces-back-as-africas-biggest-economy/
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by mKc9ET(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Said by who? Tell me weather the information came from Lai Mohammed, before i go comment.
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by PaulIdu: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Bounce back from where ..keep deceiving yaself sir
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by thedarkside: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
over to you...ipobians...

some igbos are very foolish...

look what we achieved toghether...

our gdp is nearly twice of south-africa....

do you realy want to give a treasure up,because you are pissed off?? ...

even by collecting tax in nigeria,we will beat south-africa..

do you people even know that alot of whealty foreighners live in nigeria that pay tax to the federal goverment...??...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by otukpo(f): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
So you people now believe that we were once Africa 's largest economy.
Issorait
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by alexiej(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
If Nigeria is really the largest economy in Africa, the Africa must be terribly much more backward than I thought!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by thedarkside: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
alexiej:
If Nigeria is really the largest economy in Africa, the Africa must be terribly much more backward than I thought!

nowww..you are asking the right question...south-africa want to beat you as the giant of africa...

imagine how mediocre black-people are...our gdp can not compete with china or russia..

we are more concentrated on beating each other than been the best in the entire world...

even the giant if africa is not that strong to compete wit the rest of the world...

even the kenyans start kicking us from the side...

imagine....... !..
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Of course Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa with its population as the largest in Africa..I'm not surprise about the Gross Domestic product statistic.

But the country is a failed State right now with buhari in power.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by Xway(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
thedarkside:

nowww..you are asking the right question...south-africa want to beat you as the giant of africa...

imagine how mediocre black-people are...our gdp can not compete with china or russia..

we are more concentrated on beating each other than been the best in the entire world...

even the giant if africa is not that strong to compete wit the rest of the world...

even the kenyans start kicking us from the side...

imagine....... !..
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by Kingsley10000: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
its apparent buhari will make Nigeria great
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by thedarkside: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
herbie27:
Of course Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa with its population as the largest in Africa..I'm not surprise about the Gross Domestic product statistic.

But the country is a failed State right now with buhari in power.

better learn disziplin now.....we are lacking disziplin...

better learn now than yapping...

what profit you a good economie if you dont have a strong army to defend your whealth??...

you are just another booty....
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by MPSA(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin grin grin
alexiej:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by EternalTruths: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
thedarkside:
over to you...ipobians...

some igbos are very foolish...

look what we achieved toghether...

our gdp is nearly twice of south-africa....

do you realy want to give a treasure up,because you are pissed off?? ...

even by collecting tax in nigeria,we will beat south-africa..

do you people even know that alot of whealty foreighners live in nigeria that pay tax to the federal goverment...??...

Afonjas have you guys divided that GDP by Nigerian population to get the per capital income.

When you do that for all African countries, you guys will weep for 9ja
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by Blue3k(m): 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
Recap of story from both sides.

Buhari supporters at first said Former president Jonathon lied and cooked books.

Buhari said he inherited nothing from former administration.

Jonathan and his supporters lambasted buhari for losing 1st position in GDP in Africa.

IMF confirms Nigeria was and is number 1 economy in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by dunkem21(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:
Recap of story from both sides.

Buhari supporters at first said Former president Jonathon lied and cooked books.

Buhari said he inherited nothing from former administration.

Jonathan and his supporters lambasted buhari for losing 1st position in GDP in Africa.

IMF confirms Nigeria was and is number 1 economy in Africa.

Zombies will dodge this your post eh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by FagsamPHP(m): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
I smell Lie Mohammed
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by MabraO: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
I still can't believe this not now not never

I repeat Nigeria can never be the no1 in Africa
This is only on paper

The signs re not there to be seen
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by lollmaolol(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
How many tonnes of maize , cassava, onion, tomatoes have exported in the last quarter??

Do not be fooled. These guys are regulating the economy with their stolen and ill gotten wealth.
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by deji68: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
ok oo...projected, means in the future .....................................................
new report from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected Nigeria as Africa’s biggest economy, in spite of its current challenges.
Nigeria is placed ahead of South Africa and Egypt which are second and third respectively.
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
CONGRATS NIGERIA
BYE BYE TO RECESSION
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by MPSA(m): 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
The biggest problem of African countries is poor infrastructure, unemployment and poverty. if this gdp is going to provide nigerians with electricity, clean water,good roads, employment and eliminating "slums" across nigeria , I will celebrate with nigeria, but for now "NO"! The challenges of the most african countries is too high, especially on infrustructure, including nigeria. I know nigeria from TV and this forum, almost everything isn't up to standard in nigeria, especially buildings and roads needs a serious maintenance, I am not sure about unemployment, but I see many nigerians coming to my country each and every time, looking for employment.. The success of nigeria is a good news for africa, because nigeria will accommodate a lot of unemployed youth from other african countries and offer them employment opportunity. This it will be a good news indeed, for the african continent at largegrin
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by royallord1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
africa largest economy indeed..
Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by MPSA(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
The largest economy,with the largest slum is meaningless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bounces Back As Africa’s Biggest Economy by chiefcontroller: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Make dem dey deceive una. cry kiss

(1) (Reply)

US Elections: A Reply To The Thread By Tonybarcanista. / Trump Wins US Election: How PMB and other World Leaders Have Reacted / Faith Okafor Forces Lagos State Govt To Cancel Monthly Environmental Sanitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.