Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

'Aisha Buhari As A Metaphor' - Jideofor Adibe - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'Aisha Buhari As A Metaphor' - Jideofor Adibe (361 Views)

Aisha Buhari Attacks Management Of Aso Rock Clinic At Abuja. / Aisha Buhari Attacks Management Of Aso Rock Clinic / Indimi Sisters Call Aisha Buhari Gold Digger, Aftermath Of Zahra's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Aisha Buhari As A Metaphor' - Jideofor Adibe by kachysblog(f): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Read below as compiled by Jideofor Adibe…..

Let me start this piece by narrating a story I read somewhere about a certain three- year old boy whose father was the President of their country. Let’s call this boy John. One day the country was celebrating an important anniversary. Many citizens lined up the route through which the President was being driven in an open jeep, at an incredibly low speed.

They were waving their country’s flag in the spirit of that celebration while the President acknowledged with the waving of his right hand. John and his mother were among the crowd. His mother had carried him on her arms and managed to position herself at the front row of the crowd.

As the President’s convoy came to the part of the crowd where John and his mother stood, with both waving their flags enthusiastically like the other citizens, John expected his father to come down from the vehicle and hug him or throw him up into the air a few times as he would normally do at home. But the President just waved perfunctorily to their side of the crowd as he did to others, without displaying any emotion, while the open jeep in which he stood continued its sluggish motion. John was visibly upset…..

“Dad it is me. Stop!” he began to scream, as the President’s car continued to move farther away from where they stood. John became angrier. “You are no longer my friend from today. Please don’t come to play with me anymore”, he said in anger. An elderly woman standing next to John and his mother scolded him for his apparent lack of respect.

“Shhhh”, said the woman, putting her index finger across her lips. “You have to learn to show respect. You are talking to the President of this country”, she admonished.

“I don’t care”, John retorted. “He may be your President but he is my dad”, he said.

Relating this story to the Aisha Buhari BBC interview and its fallouts, it is important to know that what Buhari is to the rest of us, a brand that many associate with ‘no-nonsense’, is not necessarily what he is to Aisha Buhari, his wife. He remains to her fundamentally whatever nickname or pet name she calls him. She is therefore unlikely to be enamoured by the myth around the Buhari persona as many of the President’s supporters are. For Aisha, Buhari is first and foremost her husband and the father of her children. After 27 years of being married to him, it is safe to assume that she has a different prism through which he sees him and that not all the constituents of that prism are flattering.

http://www.kachysblog.com/2016/10/20/aisha-buhari-metaphor-jideofor-adibe/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Look Out For In A Life Partner? / Nigeria's Power Generation Slides To 3,531mw- Vanguard / Urgent Vacancy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.