Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. (9274 Views)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Chief Dennis Adindu Okafor, A Self Crowned Igwe In Ojoto Idemili South Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
please people from alaigbo,
traditionally who is the strongest and most powerful traditional ruler.

we have eze that of NRI and Aro

and some few OBI's that of Onitsha,the exiled Nnewi Obi .
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by oboy3(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
giles14:
please people from alaigbo,

and some few OBI's that of Onitsha,the exiled Nnewi Obi .
igwe 2pac shakur

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2016
oboy3:
igwe 2pac shakur
pls take ur senseless comment to another thread

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by RedboneSmith(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Every Igbo Eze is Eze in his own little corner. There is no strongest.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by oboy3(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2016
giles14:
pls take ur senseless comment to another thread
Or igwe J boy,i Heard he is another strong igwe
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by sklateen(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=giles14 post=50374140]please people from alaigbo,

and some few OBI's that of Onitsha,the exiled Nnewi Obi .[/

The obi of onitsha is the strongest
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
all igwes are not equal. d NRI aro nnewi akwa etc are not desam with d other igwe.
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nnamdi kanu the eze ndi osu
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Igboid: 12:22am On Oct 22, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
Nnamdi kanu the eze ndi osu

Ogogoro drinker, I can see the Hydrocarbon and faeces particles in your blood stream are beginning to malfunction your brain again.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Igboid: 12:25am On Oct 22, 2016
No strongest Igwe. Every Igwe/Eze power starts and ends in his own town, he cannot exercise any power on the next Igbo town, no matter how small the town is.

Perhaps the words you were looking for is "most popular" Igwes/Ezes in Igboland.

In that case, the answer will be Obi of Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 22, 2016
[s]
Igboid:

Ogogoro drinker, I can see the Hydrocarbon and faeces particles in your blood stream are beginning to malfunction your brain again.
[/s]
E pain am grin
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Igboid:
No strongest Igwe. Every Igwe/Eze power starts and ends in his own town, he cannot exercise any power on the next Igbo town, no matter how small the town is.

Perhaps the words you were looking for is "most popular" Igwes/Ezes in Igboland.

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 7:05am On Oct 22, 2016
Igboid:

popularity that goes to obi of Onitsha. but b most powerful traditional dat goes to Ezes of NRI n ARO.after which u den have d nnewi and Onitsha.

and pls don't say all igwes are equal cause most of dem are d product of d ccolonizers and d present govt.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2016
y is d Igbo tradition culture n history fast fading away.
we Igbo need to wake up.cos very soon we will have on identity
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Pchidexy(m): 8:38am On Oct 22, 2016
giles14:
popularity that goes to obi of Onitsha. but b most powerful traditional dat goes to Ezes of NRI n ARO.after which u den have d nnewi and Onitsha.

and pls don't say all igwes are equal cause most of dem are d product of d ccolonizers and d present govt.

All igwes have ceremonial powers. Igwes belong to the relics!
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by OMAR12: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
I respect 4 seat in Igboland. previously it was five but I had to cut it down to four. in no particular order, the Eze of ARO, Obi of Onitsha, Asagba of asaba and EZE-NRI. BT my most respect goes to the stool of EZE-NRI and EZE of AROCHUKWU. I also respect the stool of the DIEN of agbor. if not for their identity crisis.
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by giles14(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
OMAR12:
I respect 4 seat in Igboland. previously it was five but I had to cut it down to four. in no particular order, the Eze of ARO, Obi of Onitsha, Asagba of asaba and EZE-NRI. BT my most respect goes to the stool of EZE-NRI and EZE of AROCHUKWU. I also respect the stool of the DIEN of agbor. if not for their identity crisis.
both the dien of agbor and asagba of asaba are not Igbo.
am asking of Igbo traditional heads
Re: Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. by Xommyt: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
Before the colonial masters imposed king's on the Igbo's, the ozo society was and is still among the greatest leaders in the Igbo's community. That is why Igbo's say (eze bi na be ya) meaning the king reings only in his community

(1) (Reply)

Please Post Onitsha Names And Their Meanings! / Somali Military History / The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.