Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls (1162 Views)

Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies / Tompolo Writes Buhari A Letter: ‘I Supported Jonathan NOT Because I Hate You’ / Goodluck E. Jonathan Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Icecomrade: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2016
This Twit below raised my curiosity on subject issue.

I ve followed GEJ on twitter since his exit as a president. I can authoritatively say he comments on few national issues, but he has never failed short of sending out congratulatory messages, felicitations.

Since the return of 21 Chibok girls no comment has come from his office, neither any direct comment at any of recent events he has attended .

Could there be more to this

#JustThinking

1 Share

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2016
Possibly
Regret, ego and ultimately, shame

But then his government almost officially never believed the Chibok girls were real anyway

6 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by SalomonKane: 8:46am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

But then his government almost officially never believed the Chibok girls were real anyway
Many still believe the Chibok Girls abduction still isn't real, may be because it wasn't their sisters who were abducted.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by kaboninc(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2016
[s]
Mynd44:
Possibly

[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Icecomrade: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

Could it be he has more information than you and I. Maybe reserving his comment to preserve the peace and unity of Nigeria.

Maybe you need to slow down attaching on negative things to GEJ.

However we look at at him, he is still a great guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by fitzmayowa: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2016
GEJ has been silent on any issue that concerns the country, I guess that's his own way of avoiding any attention...

Even when PEJ is been dragged here and there by EFCC he decided to remain silent...

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Icecomrade: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2016
fitzmayowa:
GEJ has been silent on any issue that concerns the country, I guess that's his own way of avoiding any attention...

Even when PEJ is been dragged here and there by EFCC he has remained silent...

We can't deny his reaction to the some of the issues you listed will provoked other serious reactions
Don't you think you it's rather wisdom than avoiding attention

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by sekundosekundo: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Icecomrade:

Could it be he has more information than you and I. Maybe reserving his comment to preserve the peace and unity of Nigeria.

Maybe you need to slow down attaching on negative things to GEJ.

However we look at at him, he is still a great guy
Sure he had. As CiC, the Chibok saga was huge and was of huge security interest to not just Nigeria but the rest of the world. If the CiC had some information why did he not share it? If people were lying to Nigerians using a security situation, whose job was it to say the truth and expose them.

Sure he was a great guy. I am sure Boko Haram thinks so seeing how they were having fun during his administration

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by ruggedboy01: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

allow the man to rest u tyrant of a mod. He's no longer president. Focus on the present administration angry angry
u can as well ban me, that's what u are good at

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 9:00am On Oct 21, 2016
@Sekundosekundo

If you dont see how flawed that picture is, then there is no hope.

Do you realize that in any abduction case the first 24-48 hours are the most important to getting back those who were abducted but the government decided to play ostrich

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 9:00am On Oct 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:

allow the man to rest u tyrant of a mod. He's no longer president. Focus on the present administration angry angry
u can as well ban me, that's what u are good at
I did not open the thread. I simply gave an honest opinion

4 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Goke7: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2016
The chibok girls issue will remain a dagger in the heart of GEJ just like June 12 in the heart of IBB

The man simply has nothing to comment and as just like someone said earlier, its even in his best interest to remain silent than cause unnecessary attention. I feel for the man though, he felt the people in the north east were his enemies destroying themselves. If he had weighed the issue better, he would have done better on the chibok girls issue and in combating boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by ruggedboy01: 9:06am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:

I did not open the thread. I simply gave an honest opinion

if he had released any statement on this Chibok girls saga... u will be the 1st to fault his speech and rain abuses on him, now he decided to be silent, yet u guys won't let him be sad angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by fitzmayowa: 9:06am On Oct 21, 2016
Goke7:
The chibok girls issue remains a dagger in the heart of GEJ just like June 12 in the heart of IBB.

A big dagger indeed, he "supervised" the kidnapping of over 200 girls and he never made an headway in his effort to recover them, that and other things remains a big dent on his cv...IMHO

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by IamPatriotic(m): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2016
Must he talk when he has nothing to say?

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:

if he had released any statement on this Chibok girls saga... u will be the 1st to fault his speech and rain abuses on him, now he decided to be silent, yet u guys won't let him be sad angry
Direct your anger to the OP

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by fitzmayowa: 9:10am On Oct 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:

Ebenezer Obey don talk am finish for him song..

*singing*

ko so'gbon to le da ko si'wa to le wu, ko so'na to le gba to le fi taye lorun ooo....

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by dunkem21(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2016
The same way they said he remained quiet over NDA issues and labelled him a sponsor cheesy

..Same way they said he kept quiet over Dasuki, FFK et al ..

ZoneB is a terrible place to be .. una for ask am make him comment on the "other room" undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by sekundosekundo: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
@Sekundosekundo

If you dont see how flawed that picture is, then there is no hope.

Do you realize that in any abduction case the first 24-48 hours are the most important to getting back those who were abducted but the government decided to play ostrich

Who's ABUBAKER SHAKOU, his family, siblings, age mates etc. My dear, the North owns Nigerians some explanations here.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mynd44: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Who's ABUBAKER SHAKOU, his family, siblings, age mates etc. My dear, the North owns Nigerians some explanations here.
No, the FG owes us these questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Icecomrade: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=50383130][/quote]

Seriously I ve never thought about this line

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by dunkem21(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Icecomrade:

Seriously I ve never thought about this line

Shebi, you saw sense in that line ..

God bless GEJ wink

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by neolboy(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

Don't really understand the way you reason sometimes, must he comment on the issue, has all the former leaders commented on it why always GEJ

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by sekundosekundo: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
No, the FG owes us these questions.
I hear you.
Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by TheFreeOne: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

Do you know what intelligence is and for a moderator to spew that SMH

Do you know the level of intel GEJ had on that chibok issue? There are some very sensitive matters in Nigeria that warrants silence from real and intelligent leaders at times.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by gurunlocker: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

This is someone that act as NL mod, I don't know how you get to that position tho..... Your comments always brings shame to this forum. You hate GEJ, fine.... Just find a way to get over him, even your president can't do anything to him.... Change your way man.... I know you will delete my post, but just change your way.... One day, you will leave this MOD post...

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2016
fitzmayowa:
Even when PEJ is been dragged here and there by EFCC he decided to remain silent...
The more reason you should fear him, for silent people can be really dangerous.

On the topic, I am strongly among those who believes the chibok story is a scam.
Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by dustmalik: 10:30am On Oct 21, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Do you know what intelligence is and for a moderator to spew that SMH

Do you know the level of intel GEJ had on that chibok issue? There are some very sensitive matters in Nigeria that warrants silence from real and intelligent leaders at times.
You mean the level of Intel that made him, as the CinC, to deny the chibok abduction for weeks, only to turn around to admit that it actually took place?

1 Like

Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by TheFreeOne: 10:41am On Oct 21, 2016
dustmalik:

You mean the level of Intel that made him, as the CinC, to deny the chibok abduction for weeks, only to turn around to admit that it actually took place?

If only you understand Nigerian politics but most of you guys are too ignorant to know what's going on in this country.

The dust raised by chibok issue hasn't settled but time will tell.
Re: Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls by Mujaheeeden: 11:14am On Oct 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Possibly

can you come over to tweeter let's trash this out.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki, DSS , During The Media Chat / Looting Responsible For Skyrocketing Prices Of Foodstuffs-Lai Mohammed / Photos: See The Grammatical Blunder By Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.