Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) (26368 Views)

Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers / Oluchi 'China Golden' Accused Of Robbery Burnt By Mob In Cross River. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Islie: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2016
Samson Folarin

A bricklayer, Adeleke Oyadara, has been tortured to death in Kujore, Iwelepe, in the Sagamu area of Ogun State, after he was accused of robbery.

PUNCH Metro learnt that a businesswoman, identified only as Bolanle, had claimed that she was robbed by the deceased on September 10.

Bolanle, around 8pm of the next day, was alleged to have gone to Adeleke’s house with some hoodlums.
They were said to have descended on the 50-year-old and beaten him to a pulp before putting him in a truck they brought.

Our correspondent learnt that on the way, the group was intercepted by some vigilance group members, who took the case to the Sagamu Police Division.

The victim was said to have been referred to a hospital, and died a few weeks later.

The victim’s wife, Toyin, said her husband was taken away from the house around 8pm on September 11.
She said, “On that day, a man knocked on our door around 8pm. Suddenly, a woman, who had hid behind him, emerged, and held my husband by the waist.

“She claimed that my husband robbed her in a cab the previous day. My husband denied it and my attempt to explain that my husband was with me throughout that day fell on deaf ears.

“The man slapped my husband. They dragged him to where they parked their truck and five hoodlums came down and beat him to a pulp and drove off with him.”

One of the victim’s children, Emmanuel, said he reported at the Sagamu Police Division, adding that he was writing his report when the group brought his father to the station.

“The police referred us to a hospital for treatment,” he added.

Emmanuel said his father was admitted at the hospital for about a month before he was taken back home due to the hospital bills, which the family could not afford.
The son said he was later taken to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital.

“While on admission, the woman wrote a petition to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Eleweran. The policemen there demanded that we brought my father from the hospital because they thought he was pretending.

“He was at the SCIID when he collapsed and we took him back to the hospital. He died on Saturday, October 15,” he added.

Our correspondent learnt that the police had arrested one of the hoodlums that carried out the attack on the victim, while the woman was said to be on the run.
The family said it had already briefed its lawyer, one Moses Bamgbelu.

“We want the government and Nigerians to help us. We want justice. My dad told me before he died that he had never seen those people in his life. The police also said their investigation showed that my father didn’t commit the offence. He was a bricklayer,” Emmanuel said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said it was a case of suspected robbery turned murder.

He said, “From the information available to us, the victim was a cab driver and he was taking the woman to a place. He overheard her discussing about a N1m contract on the telephone. So, he thought she had that money on her.

“He drove into a bush and threatened her with pliers. He searched her bag and found N50,000, which he took and fled.

“The woman raised the alarm and people gathered around her. She told them what happened and described the cab. Those people traced it to the man’s house where he was found and beaten. He was rescued by the police.

“The case was reported as robbery and was transferred to the SCIID. The man was taken to a hospital for treatment. Unfortunately, he died. It has now become a murder case. The woman’s lawyer has been shielding her from arrest, but investigation is ongoing into the case.”

http://punchng.com/ogun-bricklayer-accused-robbery-tortured-death/

1 Share

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by zinachidi(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2016
eeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by emeraldknytt(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Eventually, if the accused is found not guilty, what will be the response if the woman who brought hoodlums to stomp the man? I know everything ends with sorry, mi o moomo as though they can try this with gargantuan looters, who leech the national treasury dry angry ...Animals amongst Humans

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Benjom(m): 10:27am On Oct 21, 2016
Jungle justice should never be encouraged

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Authoreety: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2016
2bad embarassed
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by dreamworld: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Na waoo
Tim ba so "afo", iwo na so "nja" iwo lo mo oo

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by tofolo(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
meanwhile our politician are looting us dry and no one is doing anything. I say no to jungle justice.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by moshould(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
In fela's voice " e dey there now now, must dem take am " make dem carry am
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Batlan01: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2016

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Ukalejohn(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wicked people.. Maybe he's innocent sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by jnrbayano(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
Convicted/Proven rogues walk freely, in fact are celebrated even on the homepage.

....an accused is brutally killed.

God please have mercy on this bloodthirsty generation.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by MrCounselor: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
no cool
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by infogenius(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Another form of jungle justice.
Just like that they wasted that man.

What if it was a setup using jungle
justice as a cover?

Jungle justice must be stopped

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by MadCow1: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
What can I say.. cry cry cry cry
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Afonjas and wickedness!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by darian5735(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
No mercy for merciless,say no to jungle justice
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Greataausim(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good for him.... They have served him right.
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by dotman4real007(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
the woman is stupid, she should have gone with policemen to arrest the man, but she went with thugs. I believe that those thugs and the woman are ritualist because the dead man is a bricklayer and not a cab driver and the man claims he has never seen any of them before. So there is more to this story. The police should do their job without bias so that justice will prevail.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by yjgm(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
Itss just an accusation not yet proven. Why beat him to pulp. This is disgusting.
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
Execution by anti-aircraft gun. No trial. angry
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Olasco93: 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Guilty or Not, they just turned a poor woman to an overnight Widow, what a world full of guilty conscience. As if all those involved have never committed a crime even worse than what they accused the deceased of. May God have mercy on us all.
Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Eazylion: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
An afonja woman & Afonja Thug just killed an afonja bricklayer, Nice one.. may his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by seunlayi(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
this is cruel

[size=18pt]say no to jungle justice[/size]

in addition, the above incident and all those that are involved need to be investigated thoroughly if we truly have good policemen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by johnstar(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Choi
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by rawpadgin(m): 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
n
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE....
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Senorprinz(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
ogun state, lol grin
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by Princelegacylemoha(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
The Poor are always wicked to themselves

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by chysam: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
dreamworld:
Na waoo
Tim ba so "afo", iwo na so "nja" iwo lo mo oo

Is this your family head?
Re: Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) by watered(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
O poor and wicked generation, who has bewitched you? The looters of government's treasury are at large and moving in long motorcade with security.

No one dares to call them thieves publicly. The poor are wicked to themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Beaten With A Hammer By His Mother In Kaduna, Rescued By State Government / Police Arrest Baby Factory Owner In Cross River, Rescue Pregnant Women, Children / Police Begin Manhunt For DSP, Orderly Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.