Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Have I Been Scammed By Etisalat? By Chukwuemeka Okereafor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have I Been Scammed By Etisalat? By Chukwuemeka Okereafor (501 Views)

Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M / Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) / Personal Finance Management Tips By Chukwuemeka Okereafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have I Been Scammed By Etisalat? By Chukwuemeka Okereafor by NaijaMagazineO: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
ON Tuesday, October 4, 2016, I walked into the Area 8, Garki office of Etisalat to repair my broken modem, after been referred from the Shoprite Apo office. Seeing the traffic, I was upset having to stay on that queue, only to be referred to another office. On getting to the Garki office, I was asked to wait, on the queue again. My mind wondered away to when our businesses would improve their customer service delivery. At my turn, my modem was collected by an attendant, who looked more like a private security man, and taken inside, to see the technician in-charge I was told.

Minutes later, the security man emerged with the news that my modem was broken beyond repairs. I asked the way forward, and he nonchalantly said I just have to buy another modem. I protested. There must be some exchange policy or the likes I said. Obviously, I was speaking to the wind. I insisted on seeing the ‘technician-in-charge’, again no luck, as customers are forbidden from seeing him. He was locked away in some inner office. He must be a big spirit I thought. I then asked how much a new modem would cost, and was told N4,700 (thereabout). Seeing that I was running late with my web posts, I had no choice at that point. I decided to postpone my fight till later, and run away at this instance.

I was however miffed, when the security man suggested that I get another number and join the queue. At this point I didn’t care if ‘some people were sent after me from the village’, I vehemently resisted that suggestion. All the people who were on the queue at this time met me in the shop, so why should I begin the queuing process again. The store manager had to step in. She took over the matter. After all the explanations, she still insisted that I must buy a new modem. I did. I thereafter credited the line with N3,500 for the Etisalat monthly 6.5GB. I left the shop spending monies I didn’t budget for, that wasn’t a good customer experience for me.

I however thought the thought the worst was over until, yesterday, October 20, when I logged online and received a message that my ‘almighty 6.5GB’ data was exhausted. I was shocked; in 16 days. I don’t visit dodgy sites, I don’t do online trading, what or who exactly exhausted my data that I don’t share with anyone. When I realized that indeed I could not do anything online, I reluctantly recharged my modem again, with N4,000, and entered the same code *229*2*9# to get the same 6.5GB.

How mistaken I was. I got a message that my data bundle had been credited with 5GB only, not the original 6.5GB advertised. In about 2 weeks, Etisalat had changed policy and scammed me (and goodness knows how many other Nigerians) of 1.5GB. I drove straight to the Shoprite office to complain and was told that they were upgrading and had to reduce the volume of data. What!!! Just like that! Excuse me!!! This is day light robbery, or what do you think?

Etisalat needs to know and do better. You can’t just change a system in under 2 weeks and expect subscribers to fall in line. Of course they will always get away with it since they have learned the secret of doing business in Nigeria. Afterall, their industry colleagues are accused of shipping tons of money out of Nigeria’s shores…and nothing will happen in that matter.

It is time consumers in Nigeria are given a fair deal, and treated well.

#etisalatreturnmydata

What do you think? Kindly leave a comment or a reaction. Do you have a story? Please get in touch. Let’s also publicise your activities and promote your brand. Contact the Editor-in-Chief by Email Follow us on twitter: @NaijaMagazineO. Facebook: www.facebook.com/NaijaMagazineO Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/naijamagazineonline

(1) (Reply)

MMM Linked To President / BEWARE! “plastic Rice” Is Now Been Sold All Over In Nigerian Market (watch Video / Weird!!parents Hold Wedding Ceremony For Their 3-year-old Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.