Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around (1758 Views)

Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement / SCRIPTURAL MISTRANSLATION: Lagoshia Et. Al / "Al-hakemah" In Quran As A Case For Hadith/sunnah Advocacy: BIGER BOY. Et Al. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around by dexmond: 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2010
Here is my view on the subject.

I understand at least from common sense that every nation, tongue, race, people etc have a supreme being that they identify with. Long before the coming of Christianity into Ibo land, we have always call that supreme being chukwu, so it is with the people of arabia who identified their own supreme being as allaah. The question now is this : "this beings that the people identified as supreme, are they one and the same?

Let me use a simple analogy here. Someone may have heard about something and yet not know exactly that thing e.g I may have heard stories about James and yet not know him when I see him. In the same vein, man in longing for his creator has tried his best to find Him, howbeit by his own effort. In doing so he came up with all sorts of things, but don't forget that he knew and is certain that there is a supreme creator. the Ibos came up with their own supreme being as Chukwu, the yorubas as Olodumare, the arabs as Allah, while the Jews identified Him as Yahweh. If all these people agree that there is a supreme being, to the extend of there agreement, Allaah then must/is a supreme being. However if we do an analysis of what each of the mentioned race think about this supreme being, we will now discover that they are not the same. It is on this second premise that Christians including my humble self have identified Mohammed's allaah as not being the same christianity's Supreme Being. Whoever wants to find out about Mohammed and his god should read the hadiths and quran and compare his teachings ang livestyle with Jesus's and his God in the New testament. You will see the difference.
Re: Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around by Sweetnecta: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2010
dexmond, in my humble opinion, having three gods does not equal to a Supreme God. gods, cant be all of a sudden become One Supreme God. When jesus is god, so is holy ghost being another god and so is Yahweh being yet another god. In my calculation we have 3 gods in Trinity and this clear to me, if not to you.

If meekness is the quality of superiority of qualitative behavior and or personality, from the Bible John son of Zacharias is therefore superior to Jesus son of Mary, though you call him god! Imagine a mere John better than the abusive and money exchanger chasing Jesus your god?

From the Bible, we also see Moses who had a harder personality than Muhammad (AS) being the beloved of the Jews, the children of israel who hold the salvation of your life, according to Jesus. God spoke to Moses, hence you will see that your metering is not a good calibration.

But then Muhammad (AS) stands alone with his Lord God Allah, Who Measures everything Perfectly.
Re: Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around by dexmond: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Sweetneca

You at least agree that Muhammeds god and the Christian God is not the same. We can discuss which one is true in another thread. ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enemies Of Islam And The Senate's Resolution On Marriageable Age In The Constitu / Miracle: Coconut With Arabic Sign.. / Listening To Ramadan With The Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.