Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Military In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Military In Pictures (42714 Views)

The Moment Igbo Children Saw Nigerian Military In Kindergarten / Governor Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Nigeria Military React to Bokoharm video Say No Safe Haven For Terrorists - DHQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by KORLAR(m): 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
What a beauty to behold!
Ever gallant soldiers!
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Hdz4luv: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Udmaster:
Rubbish.
u will c wat will come ur way if I catch u.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Cutesexy1(f): 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by italianjob(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
please everyone please everyone put my sister's husband in prayer.been in bush since march this year.waitiing to return dis December.God bless the Nigerian army.he hasn't even seen his last child

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by DaGC(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
olab059:
One of the areas Buhari scored high points in so far.

His offensive strategies and leadership changes seems to be working excellently. But in the area of logistics, upgrade and weapons purchase, I'm not so sure.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
DaGC:
Now, this is not a bashing of our Armed Forces, especially since I come from a family with deep ties to the security forces, but its really astounding that with all these equipments, training and all, that a group of rag tag civilians with little or no military training (some are even little boys), could wage a war with our military and in some cases defeat them. Its really astounding.

Irrational youths would quote and play politics with it as usual. Please find your mate.
God bless them though. Goodluck cousin as you sail the N-D creeks.
Asymmetric welfare is different when compared to conventional welfare,
Induction of the counter terrorism force AFSF n 72 strike force helped a lot.
These is complimented by Army infantry ,armor and artillery units

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
DaGC:

His offensive strategies and leadership changes seems to be working excellently. But in the area of logistics, upgrade and weapons purchase, I'm not so sure.
Political will to go aggressive on advisory matters a lot.
Lots of new platforms are coming in for NAF2016-18
We hope to see more as MOD aim is to modernize the military
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Mexyz(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
Do we have female fighter pilots? This is actually my first time of seeing a female fighter pilot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Kgdavid(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
DaGC:
Now, this is not a bashing of our Armed Forces, especially since I come from a family with deep ties to the security forces, but its really astounding that with all these equipments, training and all, that a group of rag tag civilians with little or no military training (some are even little boys), could wage a war with our military and in some cases defeat them. Its really astounding.

Irrational youths would quote and play politics with it as usual. Please find your mate.

Are you not following Nigerian politics? 2 years back what was the daily cry of the military and those close to them? Was it not the poor state of equipment and inadequacy of arms handed out to them?

Once the govt, then under GEJ got serious at election time, was that not when the story started to change? and when PMB took over when last did you hear of boko haram defeating the Nigerian Army in a single encounter?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by olab059(m): 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
DaGC:

How do you know about that?
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
IamGodson:
In my next life, I would consider joining the military.... But definitely I wouldn't be a Nigerian..... Kudos to them sha....
Bros. Na eternal contract o. No bailout. Me + You = 1 Nigeria. grin
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by efilefun(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dont be surprised those rag tagged dudes are well equipped by some thieves who who feed on a troubled Nigeria.
DaGC:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by DaGC(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kgdavid:

Are you not following Nigerian politics? 2 years back what was the daily cry of the military and those close to them? Was it not the poor state of equipment and inadequacy of arms handed out to them?

Once the govt, then under GEJ got serious at election time, was that not when the story started to change? and when PMB took over when last did you hear of boko haram defeating the Nigerian Army in a single encounter?

Reason why I didn't wanna drag politics into it is cause of your 1st paragraph. Cause you are implying that the above weapons images were procured by this administration and that before this administration, they didn't exist. 2ndly, neither GEJ or PMB are on the front lines fighting the insurgents which still boils down to me being surprised by our armed forces being haggled by people with little or no military training.

And I never mentioned Boko Haram cause they are not the only ones fighting the Armed forces, I also meant militants, illiterate youths used for elections etc.

These are people with little or no training, holding it down against people with a career in it.

Its just a thought though, so don't get too irked.

God bless the Armed Forces.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by fiyin47(m): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
Who paid ur ass op
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by DaGC(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
efilefun:
Dont be surprised those rag tagged dudes are well equipped by some thieves who who feed on a troubled Nigeria.

That may be true. Some months ago, I saw what some young youths did to some Army officers in Warri, that the Army personnel had to flee their post. Later heard some peeps paid them to fight for the contract land based on tribal affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by DaGC(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
olab059:

How do you know about that?

The delivery of Battleships and Cruisers have always made the news. Likewise aircraft and Armoured Personnel Carriers, so I'm sure I would have seen if this administration has made giant leaps in logistics and equipment upgrade.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by 0079jaBond(m): 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nice one, Op.
Keep it coming with more pictures

God bless our armed forces!
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by okotv(m): 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
The the SBS nko

God bless the armed forces. We give our today for the nations tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by obongkaks: 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
Big ups to them... Could these be weapons procured by Buhari or GEJ
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Felixtuta(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
I salute my soldiers...who no go no go know!!
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by payosehtor(m): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
I wish I join these guys in my youthful age cuz I like the uniform die
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Neoguru3: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Ranchhoddas: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
If only they can stop brutalizing civilians... I love their motto though
Victory is from God alone
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 22, 2016
Thank you for ur service

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by jayAjoku(m): 12:24am On Oct 22, 2016
DaGC:

same thing with isis they are not as equipped or as powerful as the Russians and syrian army combined but still they thrive
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by vioment: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2016
We thank God for life. This kind picture they use style vex me because I like to flex with real professionals and their machines. This to me be like cult war professional pictures.
If I am to rate Nigerian army forces against my credible armies in a 1-100 scale, I give them 10.
The Nigerian army is credible against unarmed civilians or sometimes mini armed civilians. In sane countries, those are the police and special police jobs. Just look at the unprofessionalism of the army guy on a modified pickup shooting anyhow, looks to me it is without any regards of strategy. The navy and airforce display more professionalism than the army and they seem to do the army's job better than them, while the army command more respect and do a better job than the police; same thing play out between the police and yellow fever or lastma, while lastma and yellow fever perform better than agberos. One big misplaced priority cycle.

Lastly, may God bless the Nigerian Forces. Especially the good ones like my older bro. bigg ups.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 22, 2016
Do they know how to swim?
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Gkemz: 1:25am On Oct 22, 2016
The same army that murdered innocent and armless pro-Biafra agitators in a cold blood at Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, etc, murdered innocent Niger delta youths seen on the streets amongst whom was 3SC footballer Izu Joseph who was recently shot dead in Rivers by the trigger maniac army and host of others unreported who were falsely accused and killed as militants. May God judge Buhari for the innocent lives he's wasting and all those who imposed the tyrant upon Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Bollinger(m): 1:33am On Oct 22, 2016
pweshboi:
God will never forsake Nigeria... Gallant military officers #GodBlessY'all

If you really want to succeed as a nation, you might wanna take God out of the equation. Wishing that there is some higher power that will bail or help you out of your predicament is a disaster waiting to happen and which is already happening. If God were a factor, how do you explain the successes of countries like Japan, china, switzerland, iceland, etc? Only people who are lazy and do not like to take responsibility for their decisions and actions pray.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by deebrain(m): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2016
Despite being frustrated after 3 attempts of joining the military as a youth, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE MILITARY.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by millionaireman: 1:41am On Oct 22, 2016
Only strong in fighting wars in old eastern region ---because of crude oil. But can't extinguish a small force of Boko Haram because north wants same sharia criminal laws which Boko Haram fights for.

blame the apolitical southern soldiers who fight for one Nigeria in the south for the interest of northern Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Military In Pictures by Aplaudez(m): 2:40am On Oct 22, 2016
God bless the Nigerian army! Looking for to joining you guys soon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Nigerian's Response To Atiku Abubakar About Arsenal Winning / 'APC Caught Sharing Money To Yoruba Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock' - May Ubeku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.