Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime (796 Views)

President Jonathan Sign Cyber Crime Bill Into Law / 419 Is Now Officially A Crime As Nigeria Senate Passes Cyber Crime Bill Into Law / Cyber-crime Offenders To Bag 7 Years Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by phemygee(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2009
ABUJA: Nigeria's anti-corruption police is working with Microsoft to halt thousands of fraudulent e-mails in a crackdown on internet crime in Africa's most populous country. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said yesterday its new project "Eagle Claw" was aimed at improving Nigeria's tarnished image as one of the world's top countries for internet crime. "Upon full deployment, the capacity to take down fraudulent e-mails will increase to 5 000 monthly," said Farida Waziri, the agency's chairwoman. The agency said it had already shut down 800 scam websites and arrested 18 people. - Reuters

http://www.capeargus.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5214812
October 23, 2009 Edition 2
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by alwaysng(m): 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2009
can they really achieve this ?
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by phemygee(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
Hmmmmm, lets hope is a realistic dream. I think they can really achieve this if they work hard towards it anyway, Is just a matter of time
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by skfa1: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
phemygee:

ABUJA: Nigeria's anti-corruption police is working with Microsoft to halt thousands of fraudulent e-mails in a crackdown on internet crime in Africa's most populous country. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said yesterday its new project "Eagle Claw" was aimed at improving Nigeria's tarnished image as one of the world's top countries for internet crime. "Upon full deployment, the capacity to take down fraudulent e-mails will increase to 5 000 monthly," said Farida Waziri, the agency's chairwoman. The agency said it had already shut down 800 scam websites and arrested 18 people. - Reuters

http://www.capeargus.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5214812
October 23, 2009 Edition 2

Well I dont back fraud, but they should go and tackle the ones the goverments are doing, even the ones in their office.
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by mikesleek(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2009
skfa1:

Well I dont back fraud, but they should go and tackle the ones the goverments are doing, even the ones in their office.

GBA! Physician, heal thy self!
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by iGuru1(m): 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2009
They are the fraudster, so a thief can not stop a thief.
They hadn't finished solving the problem of this rich country and they are cutting there coat bigger than there seize.
If they want to stop fraud, they better start from there homes.
Thx
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by phemygee(m): 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ i-guru, remember that only a thief knows the footstep of a thief or how to get a thief, Okay, I think is a good beginning for them so that they will erase the shame we carry about both outside and inside Nigeria
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by mikesleek(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2009
well, if only a thief can catch a thief, then it means they would end up catching themselves. It's just a big hoax
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by guru01(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2009
@phemogee
You have said it all.
If they have to stop the crime, i don't think is a bad idea, i wish them goodluck!!!
Wa-ha-la dey!
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by puskin: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2009
All na grammar for press wink wink
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by cystein(m): 9:39am On Oct 26, 2009
The only time you will see change and an end to corruption is when we elect leaders born from 1975 onwards. Otherwise the old dogs of the 50-60 and back can never learn new tricks on perfect leadership.
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by CarlosVent(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2009
SEE THIS WILL NOT STOP ALL THE CRIMES IN THIS COUNTRY. LET THEM START WITH PEOPLE IN THE PRESIDENCY SEAT. COS WITHOUT THAT THIS CAN NEVER SUCCEED AND IT WILL BE A WASTE OF MONEY LIKE IN OTHERS.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Crackdown On Nigerian Cyber Crime by anobscase(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
Thank God for "G" (Yahoo Yahoo) if no be for am person for don die for this yeye country.
Let them come and track me. Foolish people

(1) (Reply)

We Can Make $50 Daily / Where Can I Get Mobile Browsers Apart From Operamini / Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.