Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) (1209 Views)

Timipre Sylva Chills In His Abuja Mansion After EFCC Released His Seized Houses / Shema Shed Tears After EFCC Re-Arrest / Femi Fani-Kayode After EFCC Granted Him Bail Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by bnanzip(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1O2M6PZv_Q
The former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, says he will not be intimidated by efforts to silence him after he was re-arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Mr. Fani-Kayode was arrested on Friday by operatives of the anti-graft agency, as he left the Federal High Court premises in Lagos.

Speaking to newsmen while being taken away, he said: “They will not take my life, I am not scared, I’m not intimidated (and) I will not be silenced.

“I am very proud of the fact that the Nigerian people are beginning to understand what is going on in this country.

“They can re-arrest me a thousand times, torture me, lock me up, beat me, deprive me of food and my phones; they can do anything to me, I will never change.”

Fani-Kayode’s arrest is connected to the latest 17-count charge of money laundering to the tune of N4.9 billion filed by the EFCC in Abuja against him.

The Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday fixed a new date for the trial of Mr. Fani-Kayode and Nenadi Usman, who were accused of money laundering by the EFCC.

EFCC Invites Fani-Kayode

On May 9, 2016, the former Aviation Minister, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode honoured the invitation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He arrived at the headquarters of the anti-graft agency in Abuja in a police convoy.

The EFCC operatives had laid a siege to Mr Fani-Kayode’s residence but later withdrew after almost six hours.

Officers of the EFCC had visited his Maitama home inviting him for questioning on May 9, only to return at midday with armed men, seeking his arrest.

Mr Fani-Kayode said he was surprised at the turn of events after he had promised to show up with his lawyer.

He was the Director of Publicity for former President Goodluck Jonathan and PDP’s campaign Organisation before the general election of 2015.

Mr Fani-Kayode Released

On July 15, 2016, Mr Fani-Kayode was released from EFCC custody after meeting his bail conditions.

He was released after over two months in detention.

The former Aviation Minister, shortly after his release told Channels Television, “I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention.

“This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way. I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy.

“I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court. These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government.”

Mr Fani-Kayode was arrested by the anti-graft agency over alleged 1.5 billion Naira fraud and has been charged alongside a former Minister of Finance, Nenadi Usman; a firm, Joint Trust Dimensions Limited; and one Jimoh Yusuf.

The Federal High Court in Lagos granted bail in the sum of 250 million Naira each, to Mr Fani-Kayode, Nenadi Usman and Danjuma Yusuf who are being tried by the EFCC for allegedly stealing and laundering about 4.9 billion Naira.
https://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/21/i-will-never-change-fani-kayode-vows-after-efcc-arrest/
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2016
We Are Solidly Behind you "for now" cool
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by alegbeleye(m): 7:15am On Oct 22, 2016
From one issue to the other..........you can't even tell who is right or wrong. Everybody is corrupt and everybody is innocent.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Redoil: 7:15am On Oct 22, 2016
Silencing critics is the most stupid thing any gov will do. How did we get to this point? Every gov need critics to understand where they are not performing well. I pity booohari and those dogs that voted.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 22, 2016
This guy na my really Gee
 but this 2G 
 can not didn't let me watch this
 video.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by yeyeboi(m): 7:21am On Oct 22, 2016
Ok
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by ezechueze(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2016
OK
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by ouzo1(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2016
Make them release you first...samuelAnyawu and him boys the wait to kidnap you..I advice u remain there
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2016
ouzo1:
Make them release you first...samuelAnyawu and him boys the wait to kidnap you..I advice u remain there

Lol kidnap ke? im not Samuel Anyanwu just giving him my unalloyed support.

But Senator Samuel Anyanwu is a decent and hard-working Man...

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by rusher14: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2016
Transgressing the law on more than one count, on more than one occasion, has its disadvantages.

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by mazifrankmore: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2016
That's my G!

What does not kill you only make's you stronger!
Bubu and his government are just confused.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2016
No one cares whether a rotten egg like you change. All we want is surrender our looted funds. Shikena

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by ouzo1(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol kidnap ke? im not Samuel Anyanwu just giving him my unalloyed support.
But Senator Samuel Anyanwu is a decent and hard-working Man...

Ok...bt the name fit u sha....sam daddy
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by BossKratos: 7:38am On Oct 22, 2016
Abeg dis foolish thief needs to shut the _fuck up!

angry

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by bennymark(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2016
Theey keep attacking the government so that when the law comes to collect the yams they ate, the will continue the propaganda by asserting it is because of their stance against the government's failure, who is fooling who?

Look at Fayose his colleague who could only spit shit that Obanikoro had been compromised, forgetting that one army man once released a tape detailing how the rigging took place, so how is it now a lie?

Professors in the department of gullibility will still tag it WITCH HUNTING,

Abeg I wan learn how to hunt winsh too oh

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by dotman4real007(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2016
FFK is a crook and a wise one at that, he knows the art of distraction, he stole a lot of money and he is playing the government wants to silence me card. its only a narrow minded person that will fall for such.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Mujaheeeden: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2016
vedaxcool:
No one cares whether a rotten egg like you change. All we want is surrender our looted funds. Shikena
Apcharam please come and take this one.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by BossKratos: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2016
grin
mazifrankmore:
That's my G!

What does not kill you only make's you stronger!
Bubu and his government are just confused.

Even 200 recharge card no go reach you from that 4.9 billion wey dis looter and him gang of thieves don collect.....but na your G?

I think you are actually the one that is confused!
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Mujaheeeden: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2016
BossKratos:

Abeg dis foolish thief needs to shut the _fuck up!

angry
Amaechi is enjoying right now because he is under the umbrella
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Nazacent: 7:44am On Oct 22, 2016
100 likes! Today is my birthday.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by fiizznation: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2016
Their game plan;

They steal money

EFCC/Anti corruption agencies goes after them

They will begin to scream

1• witch hunt because they are against the government
2• Tyranny
3• impunity
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by shininglite(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2016
vedaxcool:

but ameachi,buratai, dambazua, re working freely..oh i forgot once u shout sai baba u re no longer corrupt..zombie abeg get sense..buhari is the most confused president in the world

proudly a wailer reporting from the other room

1 Like

Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by yjgm(m): 7:52am On Oct 22, 2016
Don't change please. You hear?. We will support you only via the social media. And when you get incarcerated, that beaauty in your house mehhn. I no talk again.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by clefstone(m): 7:53am On Oct 22, 2016
Govt of arrest
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2016
bnanzip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1O2M6PZv_Q
The former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, says he will not be intimidated by efforts to silence him after he was re-arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Mr. Fani-Kayode was arrested on Friday by operatives of the anti-graft agency, as he left the Federal High Court premises in Lagos.

Speaking to newsmen while being taken away, he said: “They will not take my life, I am not scared, I’m not intimidated (and) I will not be silenced.

“I am very proud of the fact that the Nigerian people are beginning to understand what is going on in this country.

“They can re-arrest me a thousand times, torture me, lock me up, beat me, deprive me of food and my phones; they can do anything to me, I will never change.”

Fani-Kayode’s arrest is connected to the latest 17-count charge of money laundering to the tune of N4.9 billion filed by the EFCC in Abuja against him.

The Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday fixed a new date for the trial of Mr. Fani-Kayode and Nenadi Usman, who were accused of money laundering by the EFCC.

EFCC Invites Fani-Kayode

On May 9, 2016, the former Aviation Minister, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode honoured the invitation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He arrived at the headquarters of the anti-graft agency in Abuja in a police convoy.

The EFCC operatives had laid a siege to Mr Fani-Kayode’s residence but later withdrew after almost six hours.

Officers of the EFCC had visited his Maitama home inviting him for questioning on May 9, only to return at midday with armed men, seeking his arrest.

Mr Fani-Kayode said he was surprised at the turn of events after he had promised to show up with his lawyer.

He was the Director of Publicity for former President Goodluck Jonathan and PDP’s campaign Organisation before the general election of 2015.

Mr Fani-Kayode Released

On July 15, 2016, Mr Fani-Kayode was released from EFCC custody after meeting his bail conditions.

He was released after over two months in detention.

The former Aviation Minister, shortly after his release told Channels Television, “I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention.

“This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way. I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy.

“I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court. These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government.”

Mr Fani-Kayode was arrested by the anti-graft agency over alleged 1.5 billion Naira fraud and has been charged alongside a former Minister of Finance, Nenadi Usman; a firm, Joint Trust Dimensions Limited; and one Jimoh Yusuf.

The Federal High Court in Lagos granted bail in the sum of 250 million Naira each, to Mr Fani-Kayode, Nenadi Usman and Danjuma Yusuf who are being tried by the EFCC for allegedly stealing and laundering about 4.9 billion Naira.
https://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/21/i-will-never-change-fani-kayode-vows-after-efcc-arrest/
You must change, but first you must refund all our money that Dasuki gave you to further the failed reelection bid of Jonathan, the ineffectual buffoon. After which we shall gladly see you join him to rot in jail
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by chacoonder(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2016
Who cares?...You (FFK) are part of those that pushed this nation into its present situation , and You must bear the consequence.
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by Princy13: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2016
. These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government.”
Re: ‘I Will Never Change’, Fani-kayode Vows After EFCC Arrest (video) by vedaxcool(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2016
[s]
shininglite:

but ameachi,buratai, dambazua, re working freely..oh i forgot once u shout sai baba u re no longer corrupt..zombie abeg get sense..buhari is the most confused president in the world

proudly a wailer reporting from the other room
[/s]

Awon Ekpa things

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? / See The Moment Buhari Laughed With Osinbajo Before His Departure / Buhari’s Abuse Of Red Carpets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.