Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Anyone Infected With The Security Tools Malware/virus - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Anyone Infected With The Security Tools Malware/virus (941 Views)

Swift Hacked: Bank Transfer System Infected With Malware / Man Injects Himself With A Computer Virus / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Pendrive Without Any Softwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Infected With The Security Tools Malware/virus by mide312(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2009
Had this malware virus on my system, it was so bad I actually comtemplated re-formatting but I had not the courage to do so because of some files I was afraid of losing, the malware is so bad it actually disabled my ability to start in safe mode till I got the a way out. So, I thought i share this info with anyone experiencing same here.

Reboot in safe mode
browse to C:\Documents and settings\all users\ application data (the location may differ on your system, so just go to yo
ur desktop where the shortcut to the security tools application is and right clik on it the clik on properties, on the properties popup menu copy the address in the target, open your internet explorer or my documents and paste the address into the address bar, then delete the preceeding quotation mark, from the back too delete the quotation mark up till some 8 number digits then clik enter and search for a folder with that 8 number digit and shift+delete it)
There will be a folder in there that has eight numbers as a name (ex 91908431)

Delete this bad boy, empty recycle bin

Reboot normally, delete all left over shortcuts, empty recycle bin again and you are home free.

But incase your safe mode has been disabled too like my system was what you do is this

Immediately after the system boots before the security tool program starts up hit alt+ctrl+del quickly this would bring up the task manager then click on the processes tab and look for a process with 8 number digit, when you see it click on it and click on the end process button.

Then follow the instruction above to search for the folder and delete it. Shift + delete or empty recycle bin after normal delete.

I know I suck at explaining but just try to fuse all this info together and use it, I believe it will help.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 4 For 155k, 32g new / United States Now The World's Largest Oil Producer. / Ever Wonder Why Birds Fly In 'v' Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.