Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids (633 Views)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / ''history Will Not Be Kind To Obama!'' - Reno Omokri On Slavery In Libya / Who Hillary Clinton Epp? - Reno Omokri On US Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Nnamdisblog(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2016
Reno Omokri took to his Facebook page to talk about the difference between Polished kids and rubbished kids.

My kids are born and bred in California and they each bear Itsekiri names. They know my language and they know their native dress. Your kids aren't 'POLISHED' because they can't speak your native tongue. No. In fact that are 'RUBISHED' if all they know is English. I remember once somebody asked me why my kids don't have English names. I told him as I am telling you, that when the English start giving their kids Itsekiri names, then I will start giving my kids English names. Africans, emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. A Christian can still be a Christian with an African name. It is the faith that matters not the name!

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/10/reno-omokri-on-published-kids-and-rubbished-kids.html

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by yeyeboi(m): 8:24am On Oct 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by tuniski: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Well said! Forming butty but being aa mental slave that is what it is with many.
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2016
Okay cool
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Tallesty1(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2016
100% correct
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Qmerit(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2016
U made some good points but rubbished it some how to me and in my opinion.
If you feel it's bad to imitate the white then what the hell re you doing there in USA?
why giving birth to your kids there? why schooling there? why sending them to school there?
why not stay here in Nigeria/Africa and send them to local schools?.
The white can not bear ur/our native names because they re okay with
their own and stay put in their countries and two they do not understand
or can't speak our dialect, but we understand and can speak english even more
than some of them, or do you see us bear french names since we do not understand
and speak it as well? but you went to meet them and you re even there pastoring.

It is good our kids hear/understand our dialect/culture anyway, but civilization
is playing a vital role as well.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2016
I'm waiting to read Omokri's posts in Itsekiri language! Is it only names? He is a pastor; why not amadioha priest instead of pastor if you are so African?

Name is just a tip of an iceberg_white is the African's demi-god.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves, who is greater than you is greater than you. You can do something to overtake him but till then there is nothing you can do.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2016
This is a true submission. Going by your premises and conclusion, GOODLUCK JONATHAN is RUBBISHED

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Qmerit(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2016
Bolustic:
This is a true submission. Going by your premises and conclusion, GOODLUCK JONATHAN is RUBBISHED

hahahahahah u re WICKED i swear
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2016
So those of us that don't understand our dialect and with english names are "rubbished"...Is alright!. grin

Your opinion Sir!.
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Qmerit(m): 8:57am On Oct 22, 2016
Tallesty1:
100% correct

Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by DaudaAbu(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Given our children local names is a starting point
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by tukdi: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2016
grin
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Qmerit:
U made some good points but rubbished it some how to me and in my opinion.
If you feel it's bad to imitate the white then what the hell re you doing there?
why giving birth to your kids there? why schooling there? why sending them to school there?
why not stay here in Nigeria/Africa and send them to local schools?.
The white can not bear ur/our native names because they re okay with
their own and stay put in their countries and two they do not understand
or can't speak our dialect, but we understand and can speak english even more
than some of them, or do you see us bear french names since we do not understand
and speak it as well? but you went to meet them and you re even there pastoring.

It is good our kids hear/understand our dialect/culture anyway, but civilization
is playing a vital role as well.

You think the expatriates Here in Nigeria name their children Emeka, dangote and kunle
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Qmerit(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You think the expatriates Here in Nigeria name their children Emeka, dangote and kunle

what do you called them expatriates right? like i said they do not understand and can't speak your/our dialects.
You call/name your child what you know a name stands FOR. Is Reno Omokri also an expert in the USA.?
Two, does the expatriate speak/understand Igbo dialect as Emeka would speak and understand english fluently?,
does the expatriate speak/understand Hausa dialect as Dangote would speak and understand english fluently? and
does the expatriate speak/understand Yoruba dialect as Kunle would speak and understand english fluently?

This is what i meant bro/sis
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Qmerit:

what do you called them expatriates right? like i said they do not understand and can't speak your/our dialects.
You call/name your child what you know a name stands FOR. Is Reno Omokri also an expert in the USA.?
Two, does the expatriate speak/understand Igbo dialect as Emeka would speak and understand english fluently?,
does the expatriate speak/understand Hausa dialect as Dangote would speak and understand english fluently? and
does the expatriate speak/understand Yoruba dialect as Kunle would speak and understand english fluently?

These what i meant bro/sis
And they are not even interested in learning it
Re: Reno Omokri On Polished Kids And Rubbished Kids by Qmerit(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And they are not even interested in learning it

Lol, but you got point right.
For them not interested to learn it is another topic
for another day.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Senato Dino Melaye Dancing In His Hotel Room - Video / Hilarious Pix / Panic In Kogi State Over The Sudden Disappearance Of Governor Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.