Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" (41730 Views)

Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed / "Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by NewsPoacher: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2016
http://sunnewsonline.com/aso-rock-cabal-threat-to-democracy-junaid-mohammed/

— 22nd October 2016
Second Republic member of the House Representatives and Russian-trained Medical Doctor, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, is a readers’ delight any time, any day. He is one politician, who shoots straight without missing his target. He was a thorn in the flesh of former President Goodluck Jonathan, during the build up to the 2015 election, a thing, which saw him, in and out of the DSS’ offices, owing to some explosive interviews he granted the media then, beginning from 2012.

He appears to have started with Buhari. In this exclusive interview with Saturday Sun, he x-rayed the about 18 months of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, with a verdict that the government has not done well, and that Nigerians should begin to plan the exit of the current administration, through constitutional means. He said: “I think those who are bothered about 2019, should please start getting alliances across, and start planning of how to bring down the APC government, through constitutional means, and to also make sure they deny the PDP, a second chance of ruling the country again. APC is not doing well; I don’t think Buhari is going to do any better. The crowd around Buhari has nothing to offer.”

Similarly, he said, even the PDP, must be denied the opportunity to return to power, saying, “in life, as well as in political life, you must be prepared to pay the price for your own political mistakes, and the only way I know people are made to pay a political price in a democracy is to deny them the opportunity to return to power or get them out of power, if they are in power. As far as I am concerned, I don’t see the deliverables of this country, through the PDP. “

On Aisha Buhari’s recent outburst, the Kano State-born politician said: “I have received calls from my friends from the Southern part of the country, telling me they don’t know our women can be that bold to talk the way Madam Buhari did, and I just laughed. Are they saying the air we breathe in the North, is different from theirs or what? We also have to look at the culture. There is nothing she did, which is wrong, because she is playing politics, the way her husband is playing it. And the truth is that the country has been badly shortchanged by the individuals she mentioned and who we know. What is wrong with that? If you have not elected somebody, why should you keep quiet when the person is exercising political power? This individual is not a government appointee, yet, he wields more powers than the President. We elected Buhari, but this individuals even uses the presidential jets, more than the person we willingly elected to exercise political power. And if the President’s wife is now complaining, what is wrong with that?” Enjoy the rest of the interview conducted by TUNJI LASISI.

It is now about 17 months since the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration came into being, looking at the journey so far, how would you assess the government?
Well, I sincerely hope you are not expecting me to be sycophantic. You have known me over the years; I don’t pay lip service to mediocrity, when in fact, it is a mediocrity. Addressing directly, the questions you just posed to me. I think anybody who has been living in this country since the 29th of May 2015, till this date, knows that the lot of persons in this country has been very, very, very bad. It is also very clear that this government has not lived up to expectations of Nigerians. Bribery and corruption are and have always been existential threat to the survival of this country, its progress and prosperity. So, as for the re-energised fight against corruption, the government has gotten it right. But beyond that, other aspects for which the ruling party and government in power, made definite promises and commitment to Nigerians, have not come to pass. So as far as I am concerned, it is a record that I am not impressed about.

The picture you have painted now appears to be at variance with the position of the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, which said recently that the North would back Buhari again, should he present himself again in 2019. You were at the summit in Kaduna, are you now dissociating yourself from that position?
I was invited to attend the meeting in Kaduna. I was not invited as a member because I have never been and will never be a member of the Northern Elders Forum, and same applies to the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF. But where a situation arises, that I am given an invitation to attend a meeting or conference, to discuss issues, in which I believe matters that we have mutual concerns or interest in, can be discussed, I will attend. Let me say it loud and clear that I am not a party to those who believe, for whatever reason that, Buhari is entitled to a second term, especially when that wishful thinking, has refused to take into cognizance his performance in office. He has not performed, in my view, well enough, to be given a second term. This is being said, not only by me, but by also his own wife. And he cannot be closer to anybody, than his own wife.

Also, let me also say here that there was something fraudulent in the manner the NEF summit in Kaduna, was convened. After I left, a day or so after, a kind of communiqué was issued, in which it was stated that we will support him, as a northerner. That is not my understanding of how politics is played. Forget about what they say, even if they said so. I attended because Prof. Ango Abdullahi invited me. But if the proceedings of the summit are anything to go by, I doubt if anyone can tell me, the aim was to support Buhari. You cannot gather personalities, and use them to legitimize your endorsement of Buhari, for a second term. That is not my understanding of politics and that is not the way I play politics. I have never claimed to speak for the North, so I don’t know what the decision of the North will be. And nobody can claim the arrogance to speak for the North, to the extent that if he said the North should vote for Buhari, they will listen to him. I doubt, if the North will listen. The North has never been a monolithic one. There have always been divergent views on issues. Check the history. So it has been, so it is today, and so it will always be, till the end of time.

Should Buhari decide to run, will you support him?
I will not vote for him, and I will not campaign for him.

Earlier, you said, you will never be a member of either the ACF or NEF, our readers would want to know the reason or reasons for this position, as they would have thought that you are a leading member of either of the groups?
If you listened to what I said earlier, I said that the North is not a monolithic one. So it will be fraudulent for anyone to claim the arrogance of speaking for it. Now, the point I want to make has to do with NEF. It is not wrong to use some kinds of people, like a pressure group, within the context of a noble cause, to pressurize the government of the day, to think in some certain direction, or implement certain policies. However, how can a group, that is not democratic, be discussing about democratic ideals? How can you talk about democracy, when you don’t have elections? It is just a one man or two man show. I find that very ridiculous. And these people claim to be representing us. Who are they, to represent us? So, I don’t talk democracy with people who are undemocratic. Since NEF was established, has there been any election? How can you talk of democracy with people who are non-democratic? As for ACF, they do have some semblance of elections, but some of the claims they make on behalf of the North are totally untenable and there is no internal cohesion in the group.

Away from the North, in less than two years, the ruling party appears to be enmeshed in crisis, are you in any way surprised?
I wasn’t surprise at all, because the party was formed for the purpose of winning elections, and only that. It has no internal democracy, it lacks democratic ideals. All they were after was win elections, form government and abuse their stay in government, to abuse public trust. So I am not surprised at all. They are bankrupt morally and ideologically. Everything they have done so far, were not different from what the PDP did in the last 16 years. Therefore, the APC government as it is today has no moral superiority over the PDP. The chairman of the party is at war with the Publicity Secretary of the party. The party has no role in the government and Buhari does what he likes. Some people are important because they are close to Buhari and have access to him, while others don’t matter. A party that claims to be a party of the left, cannot do without rigorous debates, every issue must be discussed and subjected to a rigorous debate before decisions are taken. But that is not happening with the APC, as a government and as a party, which promised us change.

In view of the foregoing, what will you advise Nigerians to do next, especially putting into consideration Obasanjo’s recent verdict, wherein he said APC was not a strong party in government and that the PDP was not a strong party in opposition?
I don’t know if I can prescribe an option immediately. A political party, is nothing but an organisation, driven by politics, but driven more so by the need to aggregate and articulate the intentions of people, who are forming that party. It is not committee of friends, it is not a place for people to come and become wealthy, it is not a place for people to glorify an individual and who in turn, turned himself, into a kind of personality cult. But in APC, what we have is a personality cult of Buhari, and it is dangerous for Buhari, it is dangerous for the government, it is dangerous for the country, as well as the party. And this type of party is not the best for the country. Someone needs to sit Buhari down, and talk sense into his head, face-to-face, if they really want to make success of this opportunity. No doubt, I have my disagreements with Obasanjo, but on the issue at stake, Obasanjo is absolutely spots on. He is right. Except those who formed these two parties go back to the drawing board, we are not likely to have the political room for maneuver, as we so desire now.

I know God alone can determine who lives till 2019, but being human, Nigerians are already talking about it. What should Nigerians expect?
I think those who are bothered about 2019, should please start getting alliances across, and start planning how to bring down the APC government, through constitutional means, and to also make sure they deny the PDP, a second chance of ruling the country again. APC is not doing well; I don’t think Buhari is going to do any better. The crowd around Buhari has nothing to offer. Apart from the fight against corruption and insurgency, they haven’t done any other thing. How the system rejigs itself and creates a two or three party system, I don’t know. But those who care about 2019 should start and demonstrate their care now, because we don’t want a situation whereby the crowd around Buhari, provide Nigeria with a dilemma. I don’t think Nigeria deserves that. Clearly, from what we have seen, APC has nothing to offer. And Buhari himself has nothing to offer. They have been lying through their teeth, and the more they lie, the more they become embarrassment to the international community.

Are you saying the PDP stands no chance of returning to power?
In life, as well as political life, you must be prepared to pay the price for your own political mistake, and the only way I know people are made to pay a political price in a democracy is to deny them the opportunity to return to power or get them out of power, if they are in power. As far as I am concerned, I don’t see the deliverables of this country, through the PDP.

Are you saying the PDP cannot bounce back?
The man on whose behalf the party was formed, for the purpose of taking over from the Military, left the party and tore his membership card. I believe the party is beyond redemption. Nobody can be more important than Obasanjo in the PDP, and he also said so recently, even though he has limited knowledge about party ideology and how an ideological party is run.

Finally, you are from the N‑‑‑orth; people from outside see you as being conservative, when it comes to your men dealing with their wives, would you say that the President’s wife was right to have upbraided the husband in the market place?
Well, the question to ask is, is the President right to have upbraided the wife publicly and putting her in certain situations? Well, I don’t believe a wife, should cease to be a wife simply because she has a different political view from her husband. We are living in the 21st century, if madam Buhari, had commented on issues that have affected her position as wife, vis-avis the General, it would have been improper for me to comment. But she commented as a Nigerian citizen who has all the constitutional right to comment. Whether the north is conservative or not, is a matter we can resolve another day, at another session. And you don’t look at a wife who has a Master’s degree and expect her to behave like a house girl. It doesn’t happen that way.

I have received calls from my friends from the Southern part of the country, telling me they don’t know our women can be bold to talk the way Madam Buhari did, and I just laugh. Are they saying the air we breathe in the north, is different from theirs or what? And we also have to look at the culture. There is nothing she did, which is wrong, because she is playing politics, the way her husband is playing it. And the truth is that the country has been badly shortchanged by the individuals she mentioned and who we know. What is wrong with that? If you have not elected somebody, why should you keep quiet when the person is exercising political power? This individual is not a government appointee, yet, he wields more powers than the President. We elected Buhari, but this individual, even uses the Presidential jets, more than the person we willingly elected to exercise political power. And if the President’s wife is now complaining, what is wrong with that?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by sekundosekundo: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2016
Hmmm

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by dunkem21(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2016
cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by saintkel(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2016
Buhari is a failure for me

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Alleybuy(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2016
ghen ghen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2016
This is to appeal to every southerners that our future is in our hands. A united south is what we need now to stand against northern oppression and divide and rule tactics. We must ensure we work together to restore power to the south by 2019. The north obviously has a grand plan of retaining power for so long and this is obvious in the way Tinubu is been put in check so as to limit his influence in the party decisions and made irrelevant in the scheme of things. We never expected such treatment from the north after all we did to support Buhari in the last election. Oyegun is obviously been used to fight a proxy war with Tinubu by the born to rule caliphate up north who will do anything to render his power bloc handicap so as to ensure their grip on power. We need the support our SS/SE brothers to make this happen. Lets us unite and forget all grievances. A united south can wrestle power away from the north with the support of Christian minorities in the middle belt and the north. GEJ was a bad president contrary to our thoughts in 2011 when we supported him massively with our votes. He failed woefully and corruption thrived to the highest heavens during his tenure. Contrary to the believe of our SS/SE brothers, yoruba's did not vote Jonathan out because of hatred or betrayal. He simply under-performed and did nothing for the SW region and even boasted that Igbo's are the backbone of his presidency forgetting that the SW supported him massively in 2011. Buhari appeared to be the messiah but so far, the hardship in the land is so unbearable and there is no end in sight to the present predicaments facing us as a nation. Buhari has no economic blueprint and his style of governance is archiac and filled with bad policies like banning forex for importation of consumer goods and releasing the same scarce forex for Islamic religious pilgrimage. It's a bad situation we are in and we need to co-operate to undo this mistake in 2019. Every one is facing hardship and bearing the brunt of inflation and recession irrespective of our tribes and regions. This is why we need the support of our SS/SE brothers in 2019 to vote buhari out. Let's form an alliance and forget past mis-deeds. We are better united in the south than been ruled by a primitive caliphate who believed they are born to rule without positive results....

God bless SW /SS and SE

136 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2016
The 2019 election will be like the recent Edo state governorship election.Votings will only take place where majority of apc supporters reside.Vote or not Buhari has arranged his rigging method.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by AirFireEarthH20: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2016
Hmmmmmm...if a well known extremist like Dr Junaid Mohammed, (Note: he's never a liberal but confirmed northen bigot), can say all these things against Buhari, why then are some people worshiping him despite his obvious failures as the President? Don't seem to understand...

240 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Justiceleague1: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2016
To hell with junaid..hes a demon and a serpent.
You can see that from the way he talks.
And afonja are lasting fooools zombies...afonja brought this mess on the zoo and they will live to regret..
Thunda faya that junaid basteed..
Comshots,u are very correct..buh God will disgrace them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by omowolewa: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2016
Its either you allow PMB complete his term or you bring power back to the south.

Abeg no con use bread pack our sardine.

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by TheFreeOne: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2016
APC is not doing well; I don’t think Buhari is going to do any better. The crowd around Buhari has nothing to offer. Apart from the fight against corruption and insurgency, they haven’t done any other thing.
But in APC, what we have is a personality cult of Buhari, and it is dangerous for Buhari, it is dangerous for the government, it is dangerous for the country, as well as the party. And this type of party is not the best for the country. Someone needs to sit Buhari down, and talk sense into his head, face-to-face, if they really want to make success of this opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Luckylife(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2016
The zombies never chin chu chin !

25 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by kinibigdeal(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2016
PMB is never expecting your vote in 2019, he already have is brother in INEC

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Mujaheeeden: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2016
The core northerners are speaking out against this fraud called government while

Middle belt: omenka

South West: sarrki modath

South West Muslim: Passingshot caseless

South South: Tonyebarcaniista

Afonja: Subway

All these above mentioned names refuse to see the lighy

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by TheFreeOne: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Clearly, from what we have seen, APC has nothing to offer. And Buhari himself has nothing to offer. They have been lying through their teeth, and the more they lie, the more they become embarrassment to the international community.

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Decibel: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2016
Kwankwaso unleashing his attack dog

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by nixt: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2016
And so what junaid? To campaign for him or not all I know Buhari will be send back to daura 2019. Period!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by TheFreeOne: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Decibel:
Kwankwaso unleashing his attack dog

Why not focus on the message instead of the messenger.

Or are you insinuating he lied against Buhari/APC

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Decibel: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Why not focus on the message instead of the messenger.

Or are you insinuating he lied against Buhari/APC
Had Buhari approved their candidates for ministerial positions and some juicy posts in his government all these wouldn't have been heard from this USSR trained quota system doctor who has not administered paracetamol to any patient in a medical ward.
Believe you me, his attack on the presidency was launched from Kwakwasiya camp.

6 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by mrvitalis(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2016
Judging a president who has a job to do for 48 months after 17 months makes no sense to me... Give the man atleast 35 months

If Buhari fails... i will campaign against him that's the truth

6 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by TheFreeOne: 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
Decibel:

Had Buhari approved their candidates for ministerial positions and some juicy posts in his government all these wouldn't have been heard from this USSR trained quota system doctor who has not administered paracetamol to any patient in a medical ward.
Believe you me, his attacks on the presidency was launched from Kwakwasiya camp.

But that doesn't change the fact that his claims are true.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by ASL33: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
Judging a president who has a job to do for 48 months after 17 months makes no sense to me... Give the man atleast 35 months
When your son in a 4 yr program fail in year one and 1st semester yr two please clap for him and buy him presents.

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Built2last: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
Only people who suffer personal deception will personally deceive themselves in 2019 to vote Buhari.

The least his government could have done was ensure food price remained stable. If you can't change Nigeria why not maintain the economic status quo.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by TheFreeOne: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

So with the present situation in the country you still expect Nigerians to give buhari more time before speaking out

Chai....zombeism is a terrible disease pls cure yourself asap

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by csamii: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
ASL33:
When your son in a 4 yr program fail in year one and 1st semester yr two please clap for him and buy him presents.

Or perhaps he should wait for him to fail completely before renting out an open space under a mango tree and buying him mechanic tools.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Legitbaba(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hahaha...u ain't started yet....pmb till they lock "the other room" and throw away the keys

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by mrvitalis(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
ASL33:
I wont be happy.. i will suggest ways to improve.. Whay has anyone suggested tp Buhari??
Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by EazyMoh(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dr. Junaid Muhammad someone who should be in the hospital tending to patients.
Anyway that's his opinion. If you feel the same then vote PMB out in 2019, That's the beauty of democracy, let the majority have their way. For me PMB has achieved more than 50% of what I voted him to do, so 2019 it's continuity unless a better option comes up like GEJ's time.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by unmark1: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
I dey laff all of una
Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
Clears throat, laffing in French. Abeg who get extra copy of that form, mine has been exhausted. These days, demand for wailers form is higher than demand for dollar, every week a high profile member swells the ranks, from Obasanjo to ObyEzeks to Tinubu to Aisha Buhari to Dr Junaid.
ZoneBs on NL like mrvitalis et al would keep famzing online yet they retire back to their miserable lives in reality. Accepting defeat or mistakes is one of the biggest tests of maturity, many of the erstwhile diehard zombies have subtly gone in to hiding, others like O***ka have been pounded into submission, many others have adopted the golden silence approach, while a few bold ones have done a 360 degree.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Ibifizzleboy(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
No room for WAILING anymore

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" by Utchgirl(f): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Truck Loads Of Fulani Herdsmen Invade Ondo Community / Buhari's 61st Birthday Message To Goodluck Jonathan / Fulani Herdsmen Raping, Killing Our People – Enugu Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.