Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) (799 Views)

Youth Alliance for Change Berates Remi Tinubu / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun / Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by johnwell(m): 11:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Awolowo was (37), Akintola (36), Ahmadu Bello (36), Effiong (36), Balewa (34) and Okotie-Eboh (27), Enahoro (27) led the struggle for independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time.

In 1966, the first coup was led by: Kaduna Nzeogwu (29) and countered by Murtala Mohammed (28), Theophilus Danjuma (28), Babangida (25), Nanven Garba (23), Sani Abacha (23), Shehu Musa Yaradua (23), and brought into power Gowon (32), Ojukwu (33), Obasanjo (29), Buhari (24).

Most of the military administrators who governed the states under the successive military regimes, most of whom are governors now, were under 30 years.

The brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw the House of Representatives in particular populated by majority of members under 30 years as well as some senators.Under 30s were also not in short supply with appointments, we have examples of MT Mbu who became foreign affairs minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a presidential adviser at 27 and so on and so forth.

NOW:

Why is it that this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3 seater chairs in their parents’ homes?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still sagging their trousers?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs?
Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?
Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?
Why is it that this age bracket in today still incapable of feeding itself?
Why is it that this age bracket is today barred by law from even aspiring to certain political offices?

Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions?

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by sekundosekundo: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2016
I can't imagine myself standing under the Sun or rain to cast my vote for an ancestor.

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by Mboi2: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2016
You will not see them, they will all hide with their China phones writing rubbish on the internet, supporting and Killing themselves for old corrupt politicians who are the cause of their problems. The one that surprises me the most is seeing a 40year old man telling you Tinubu will do this and do that for them. He will show you their destiny depend on Tinubu's decision. So so sorry...

1 Like

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by sarrki(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Progress is already on with PMB
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by sekundosekundo: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2016
sarrki:

Did you say progress?.
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by johnwell(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2016
sekundosekundo:
I can't imagine myself standing under the Sun or rain to cast my vote for an ancestor.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by johnwell(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Mboi2:
You will not see them, they will all hide with their China phones writing rubbish on the internet, supporting and Killing themselves for old corrupt politicians who are the cause of their problems. The one that surprises me the most is seeing a 40year old man telling you Tinubu will do this and do that for them. He will show you their destiny depend on Tinubu's decision. So so sorry...

It's a pity, sometimes I wonder if they have a say in their family
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by johnwell(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2016
sarrki:

We've heard that since campaign period till this moment nothing has changed, no progress

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by johnwell(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Did you say progress?.

Ask him
Progress indeed
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by sekundosekundo: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2016
Na wa ooo

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by hyprealestatemkt(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
I bet no Nigerian wan hear the word change
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by psucc(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
Before long this thread will become a battle ground for the youths who had been polarized between APC and PDP, Zombies and Wailers, 97% and 5%, Christians and Muslims, Afonjas and IPOB
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by gidgiddy: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
I like that picture. Lt Colonel George Kurubo, Lt Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and Lt Colonel Philip Effiong.

Kurubo defected back to Nigeria after Biafra was declared and when he died, nobody remembered him. Effiong and Ojukwu stayed with Biafra to then end, and when both died, they were given a burial to remembered.

The lesson to learned here is.........
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by fedorahat: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
Age is not a factor in electing leaders
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by calabardick(m): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
The answer to your question is also a question.

Have the youths been given the opportunity to showcase what they can offer when those in power are not willing to relinquish power?

Almost all these people you mentioned, the ones that are still alive, are still directly or indirectly in the corridor of power in this country. Retirment age is no longer significant in Nigeria. Let them give the youth a chance and see what they can offer.

In addition,
The facts remains, today's youths are driven only by money, pvssy & weed, they have no ambition to challenge the status quo.

abadie!

Cc: lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44 front page worthy please.

1 Like

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by calabardick(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
fedorahat:
Age is not a factor in electing leaders

you reason like one of those oil soup eating beggars...... grin grin grin
Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by oweniwe(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
What is the literacy level between then and now?

Those people you're referring to were among the first folks to attend University in Nigeria. Literacy level was very low so even those who had only standard 6 certificate could get clerical/secretarial jobs. Companies were wooing graduates to join them. Population was lower too back then.

But today, things are no longer the same. The amout of graduates is more than what the labor market can handle.

To make things worse, the old people don't want to go.... They would do everything to remain in office.

Wetin man go do? Make we go riot?

1 Like

Re: Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria! (A Call For Change) by fedorahat: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
calabardick:

you reason like one of those oil soup eating beggars...... grin grin grin

That's rich coming from a calabar dic.k

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Descending Into Despotism
 – Prof. Odinkalu, Ex-chairman, NHRC / Early Morning Bomb Blast Kills Two In Maiduguri / The Trump Effects In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.