Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] (38471 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Yemi Alade Hug As They Perform Together At Tiwa's Concert / Peter Okoye And Yemi Alade React As DJ Cuppy Acquires A Brand New Ferrari Car / Odunlade Adekola And Yemi Osinbajo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by JAYTUNEZ(m): 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
Wizkid and Yemi Alade bagged the best act in Africa in both the male and female categories edging out close competitions from AKA, Diamond Platnumz, Patoranking and Tiwa Savage in the case of Yemi Alade who is now the first lady to win the awards back to back (2015&2016).

Patoranking and Tekno are the only other two Nigerians who won an award as Olamide, Ycee, Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello and others miss out despite multiple nominations. Tho Wizkid covered for these bleeps by winning the Artiste of the year award.

See full winners list below ...

BEST LIVE ACT
Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)

BEST GROUP
Sauti Sol (Kenya)

BEST FEMALE
Yemi Alade (Nigeria)

LEGEND AWARD - HUGH MASEKELA

BEST FRANCOPHONE
Serge Beynaud (Ivory Coast)

BEST MALE
Wizkid (Nigeria)

BEST COLLABORATION
Dj Maphorsia ft. Wizkid & Dj Buckz – Soweto Baby

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
“Niquer Ma Vie“ – Youssoupha (Congo) – Director: Antony Abdelli & Jose Eon

PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
Caster Semenya

BEST HIP HOP
Emtee (South Africa)

BEST BREAKTHROUGH
Tekno (Nigeria)

LISTENER’S CHOICE
Jah Prayzah (Zimbabwe)

BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT
Drake

BEST POP/ALTERNATIVE
Shekinah (South Africa) / Kyle Deutsch (South Africa)

BEST LUSOPHONE ACT
C4 Pedro (Angola) -

SONG OF THE YEAR.
“My Woman, My Everything” – Patoranking feat. Wande Coal (Nigeria)

ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
Wizkid (Nigeria)

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/wizkid-and-yemi-alade-show-off-their.html

2 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by mikool007(m): 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
congrats

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Pheals(f): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
A celeb as put it on ! What rubbish is aunty yemi putting on!

Young lady could want to do so lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Ginaz(f): 12:17am On Oct 23, 2016
Is it my eyes, but wizkid looks dried. What's wrong with him. embarassed oh my wizkid. embarassed

20 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Abenitohposh: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:
Is it my eyes, but wizkid looks dried. What's wrong with him. embarassed oh my wizkid. embarassed

Was thinking in that way too,hope he is well sha ever since he started moving with Chris Brown his physical appearance has change

23 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:28am On Oct 23, 2016
now that baba nla rocks

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Smellymouth: 5:54am On Oct 23, 2016
Nice one guys...E nor easy sha..

WIZZY needs to calm down oo.. E be like say d weed when he dey smoke don dey too much lately..

Yemi Alade and Korede Bello, you guys gave a scintillating performance..Well done girl. kiss

Falz and YCEE... lipsrsealed

Next year, make dem carry the award come naija..

Let's show the world how we ROLL.. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by 360xclusive(m): 6:08am On Oct 23, 2016
grin
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Wizkid dry af ,,shuo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 23, 2016
1.Wetin that Yemi Alade sing wey she win award? shior undecided

2. Who dey buy korede bello clothes?

3. The MAMA's don dey Bleep up sef hip hop song of the year shouldn't have gone to EMTEE that was wrong.

4.Wizkid dey diet? Abi him dey hunger strike?

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by veekid(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Whatever it is this wizkid is smoking is not good for his health

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by MackBrooklyn: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Good for them cool

And is Drake going to collect that award too??

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by johnstar(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2016
K
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by johnstar(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
prof1990:

4.Wizkid dey diet? Abi him dey hunger strike?
na d weed dey cause am na, him dey copy khalifa

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by sexiefemale: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Igboid: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Someone remind me of just one single banger that Wizkid released this year, cause I'm trying so hard to remember one without any success.

Award to him imho is not deserved. African inferiority complex at its peak. So just because he did some minor gig with Chris Brown and Drake, he is now the best musician on the planet, even when both collabo songs are craps.

Nansense.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:
i don't agree with you, i saw him on tv yesterday he is still looking fresh and young

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2016
try to watch him on tv, u use see that nothing is wrong with him
veekid:
Whatever it is this wizkid is smoking is not good for his health

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:
Someone remind me of just one single banger that Wizkid released this year, cause I'm trying so hard to remember one without any success.

Award to him imho is not deserved. African inferiority complex at its peak. So just because he did some minor gig with Chris Brown and Drake, he is now the best musician on the planet, even when both collabo songs are craps.

Nansense.
patoranking should have won the best male, here in Nigeria no hit song for wizkid since this year

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Deo7(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:

Nansense.
....baba nla,one dance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Igboid: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2016
Deo7:
....baba nla,one dance

Never heard of them.

The last Wizkid banger was Ojuelegba! And it's becoming like ages since it was released.

David atleast has "Give me the money" banger this year.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:

Nansense.
his collabos earned him the award and they were all bangers here, from One Dance to Soweto Baby, and not forgetting the song he did with Chris Brown, Trey Songz and French Montana- Shabba. If you call those songs trash, you must have a terrible taste in music or you're just pained

Dude has had a good year bro, even the greatest Wizkid hater can attest to that, don't trash his effort

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 9:36am On Oct 23, 2016
This is scam and politics..
Yeye
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by TheMascot(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:

Never heard of them.

The last Wizkid banger was Ojuelegba! And it's becoming like ages since it was released.

David atleast has "Give me the money" banger this year.

One dance - Drake and Kyla and wizkid - world no 1 song for 9 weeks

Shabba- wizkid ft trey songs x Chris Brown x French Montana

Soweto baby - dj maphorisa ft wizkid ft dj bucks - song of the year mama across Africa

Ojuelegba - wizkid 12th on billboard 100

Mamacita - wizkid ft tynnie temper

No debating this songs are hits not only in Nigeria but internationally..

That's a super star

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2016
safarigirl:
his collabos earned him the award and they were all bangers here, from One Dance to Soweto Baby, and not forgetting the song he did with Chris Brown, Trey Songz and French Montana- Shabba. If you call those songs trash, you must have a terrible taste in music or you're just pained

Dude has had a good year bro, even the greatest Wizkid hater can attest to that, don't trash his effort

Abeg go and sit down.. i refused to be a deluded zombie
Wizkid dont deserve d award...
Even d songs u mention here where he was featured are not popular songs... except ONE DANCE..
Where he didnt even do much... even on d video drake released wizkid is nowhere to be found.
I think muscicians like wizkid and olamide bribe for awards coz everyone kno they are whack yet they still win.
.. YEYE DE SMELL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by ifyeez: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2016
Broke Talentless niggars be hating on Wizkid achievements for nothing. grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by safarigirl(f): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2016
LecciGucci:

Abeg go and sit down.. i refused to be a deluded zombie
Wizkid dont deserve d award...
Even d songs u mention here where he was featured are not popular songs... except ONE DANCE..
Where he didnt even do much... even on d video drake released wizkid is nowhere to be found.
I think muscicians like wizkid and olamide bribe for awards coz everyone kno they are whack yet they still win.
.. YEYE DE SMELL
if you think Soweto Baby isn't popular, you must be living under a rock. Something Trey even jammed to on IG

I personally don't like Wiz, but I'm not blind to the fact that he had an awesome year and just like Yemi, he's very popular amongst African music lovers. They don't even need Nigerians to like them at all, so people like you are irrelevant to their careers

The fact that you dislike certain artistes or music doesn't make them wack. Some people hate Frank Sinatra's music, some don't regard Luciano Pavarotti's music, but both men are legends in their own right.

Don't hate, appreciate or congratulate. People dey celebrate

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2016
safarigirl:
if you think Soweto Baby isn't popular, you must be living under a rock. Someyhing Trry even jammef to on IG

I personally don't like Wiz, but I'm not blind to the fact that he had an awesome year and just like Yemi, he's very popular amongst African music lovers. They don't even need Nigerians to like them at all, so people like you are irrelevant to their careers

The fact that you dislike certain artistes or music doesn't make them wack. Some people hate Frank Sinatra's music, some don't regard Luciano Pavarotti's music, but both men are legends in their own right.

Don't hate, appreciate or congratulate. People dey celebrate

NOW U ARE TALKING ABIUT POPULARITY undecidedabeg go sleep joor this is not footbal h always come here to analyse
Patoranking deserved this award.. he beats wizkid handsdown..
He didnt need to feature any international act to produce hits back to back.

Whizkid lines are whack hez known for rapeating lines.
Pato's ANOTHER LEVEL alone trashed wizkid hands down...
I REFUSED TO BE A DELUDED ZOMBIE

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2016
TheMascot:

One dance - Drake and Kyla and wizkid - world no 1 song for 9 weeks

Shabba- wizkid ft trey songs x Chris Brown x French Montana

Soweto baby - dj maphorisa ft wizkid ft dj bucks - song of the year mama across Africa

Ojuelegba - wizkid 12th on billboard 100

Mamacita - wizkid ft tynnie temper

No debating this songs are hits not only in Nigeria but internationally..

That's a super star

Not forgetting ...Roll up ...emtee ft WizKid and Aka ..that won Emtee Hip hop artist of the year ...dude is just blessed

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by misscall247: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2016
Yemi wear pant com show
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by ourkobo: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by sexiefemale: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2016
mikool007:
congrats

Congrats to them, Nigeria to the world...
See more photos here------ http://www.trendyrammy.com.ng/2016/10/first-photos-from-mtv-africa-music.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harrysong Gives Out His N3.5M Rolex At Real Deal Experience In Aba / Ifu Ennada, Anto, Bambam & Vandora: Who Slayed Best In Traditional Attires? / Neo Akpofure Treats Girlfriend, Vee To A Boat Cruise On Her 25th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.