Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud (13724 Views)

Senate Rejects Ahmad Bello Mahmud, Buhari’s Nominee For REC Over Citizenship / Senator, Mahmud Kanti Bello Is Dead / Abia: Mahmud Mohammed Queries Auta Over Conflicting Rulings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by anonimi: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2016
saintdennis:
Smh @ u

Why?
Maybe I can help you out. smiley

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Pennywise(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Pls pick up a copy of the constitution, its too early to start showing your ignorance, judicial offences and misconduct runs through NJC as long as our current constituion remains valid, no security agent can prosecute a judge, all they need do is to investigate and send findings to NJC now if we dont like the idea of that lets change it simple, but as long as the law is there respect it

In that case a judge is free to commit murder and walk free?

What kind of lawyer are you?
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by sanpipita(m): 9:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Pennywise:

In that case a judge is free to commit murder and walk free?

What kind of lawyer are you?

Im the kind of lawyer that respects the law before me, i wouldnt use illegality to solve illegality, i would rather change the laws if i see it is helping criminals go free, that is what this govt should be thinking about it is not by assaulting people and breaking down doors

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2016
Progressive01:
Just imagine! Why this nonsense so early in the morning?

Now, let me ask these questions:ng. angry

nice talk or questions. But can u answer this ones
Who do we run to when we protest for or right of what we want and the executive send police to murder and arrest people? Who do we run to when the executive themselves don't listen to court orderorder. And uses dss to intimidate people. Who do we run to when anybody that talks about the government is raided or dss immediately start arresting or probing begins? I me that Is writing this too is still alive maybe tomorrow u get tracked that u talked truth about the government. Now who are the corrupt leaders and who should step down. The president is fighting corruption while he is master of corruption himselfhimself. Don't listen to court orders arrest and probes people anyhow. Where is our human right. Are we animals? The judges should be left alone period.

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Pennywise(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Im the kind of lawyer that respects the law before me, i wouldnt use illegality to solve illegality, i would rather change the laws if i see it is helping criminals go free, that is what this govt should be thinking about it is not by assaulting people and breaking down doors

No this is not about respecting the law before you bc no one is truly above the law judges or not. This is about prejudice beclouding sound judgement.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by sanpipita(m): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Pennywise:

No this is not about respecting the law before you bc no one is truly above the law judges or not. This is about prejudice beclouding sound judgement.

No one is above the law, just you cant prosecute people beyond what the law says, again i will ask some you to pick up a copy of constitution, read it throughly well and understand things better, getting emotional wont help anyone.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Marlbron: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2016
There is no part of the law governing the NJC that makes them preside over criminal acts committed by any member of the bench.

If there is please drop it here. I wonder why Nigerians like wasting time arguing over ierevancies rather than substance.

Let's look at the issues: CJN is saying that arresting them at night is an attempt to cow the judiciary. Is that correct? No. How did this guy get to become a CJN? What part of the law says you cannot arrest s criminal early in the morning? What part of our laws gives immunity to anyone in the judiciary?

This CJN from his utterances is not clean. If he was clean, he would encourage a proper trial to prove guilt or innocence. DSS invading a place is to gather evidence, which can be used in court. If they had forewarned the NJC, those evidence will be gone. We need to get real in thus country. There us no country in the world where these kinds of operation do not occur.

The rot in our judiciary is deeper than imagined. I support all efforts to cull the cancer. The judiciary is too important to be left to cultist and money men to run.

2 Likes

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by borntosuccess(m): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2016
OK o
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by ElsonMorali: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2016
The judiciary which is supposed to be the common man's last hope has sold it's soul to the devil.

Shame on all of you judges in this country.

Your own judgement and condemnation is waiting for you in the presence of the Just Judge.

You think y'all can escape justice? We all have a date with Mr death, the grim reaper sooner or later.

Kwantinuu

2 Likes

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by kahal29: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2016
Like I said in a similar thread, the CJN should Keep ranting and be releasing press statement everyday. Nemesis has caught up with him and his fellow corrupt judges. Their cup don full.. .. Besides I can understand why he is panicking because his tenure is coming to an end on a controversial note. In the next 2wks and four days he will retire as CJN. Precisely on the 10th of November. What will you be remembered for as CJN. .. . No landmark judgment. This is quite unlike your would be Successor Justice Walter Onnoghen who has some landmark judgments to his credit some of which include Amaechi vs Omehia, Atiku vs INEC, FG; Peter Obi vs INEC that gave rise to scattered elections, Yar'adua vs Buhari and more recently CCT vs Saraki where Saraki was to go and face his charges.

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by infolekan(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2016
Progressive01:
Just imagine! Why this nonsense so early in the morning?

Now, let me ask these questions:

Under the law, every citizen in this country has equal rights, so where is that idiotic line up there coming from??

Who do we wait for to hand over armed robbers to the executives for prosecution??

Who do we wait for to hand over terrorists for prosecution??

Who do we wait for to hand over that corrupt clerk in that ministry for prosecution??

Who do we wait for to hand over that pipeline vandal for prosecution??

Who do we wait for to hand over that corrupt lecturer, engineer, architect, doctor, etc, for prosecution??

What about the regular unemployed joe, who do we wait for to hand in over for prosecution when he commits a crime??

Is it against the law to directly confront a judicial officer suspected of criminal conduct in our constitution??

What part of our constitution says our law enforcement agents MUST wait for the NJC to investigate an errant judicial officer and conclude their investigation before anyone else acts on them??

Are these people trying to tell us if the NJC finds a member innocent of an allegation, then the law enforcement agents should have no business querying same??

Are Nigerian lawyers above the law??

This is just disgusting. angry

There's nothing disgusting about it....it's the law. The reason for those check and balances is to protect the democracy itself.
The time will come when the president will decide to arrest any judge that isn't dancing to his tune and that will make the judiciary the government puppet. The President is a good one now but what happens when the next President comes in and needs to have a verdict go his way by all means? That's why those checks and balances are there.
I feel this war will best be fought starting from the Civil service itself. The Judges being picked up are all charged with cases involving political decisions....governorship and senatorial petitions...when will the civil service be looked into? You don't need the Chief Justice to relieve a corrupt Perm Sec or Director from his duty...the civil service rulebook with a disciplinary commission will suffice. But there's no going there. Its the Judges that will decide elections in 2019 that are being groomed now to the detriment of the nation. Everything in Nigeria is political.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by funken: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls quote the law and part of the Constitution that the president has violated and let other lawyers come and dispute them!!!

I am surprised that none of them have sued the govt in pursuance of their fundamental human rights...
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by bologiabdul(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Justice in Nigeria have been for sale for a long time.#ISTANDWITHBUHARI

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by GoldenJAT(m): 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
VampireeM:
Buhari's Govt has just lost it.. This is the most incompetent govt since the inception of democracy in Nigeria... Justice Mahmud is just a tool in the hands of the cabals to do their bidding afterall thats why he was appointed in that position..
u shouldn't av said anything!! u just laid open ur folly!! u made absolutely no sense.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Samtob90(m): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
Pidggin:
The executive has succeeded in demonizing all arms of government except itself.

You are among the thieve that milk the country

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
When WIKE was desperately seeking an audience with you before his day at court then you should have known that judges that love money will easily be bought over.
The truth is that our judges have been comprised mostly by the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by brojoshua: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
Are you also corrupt sir? For I am very worry and frank about your worries, as for me it is the corruption, rottenness, bribery, injustice, partiality, etc in judiciary and even in Nigeria that worrying me.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by brojoshua: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
But don't worry sir, for the corrupt judges, who have badly troubled Nigeria and being lightly and rightly troubled now can't form for a militant group. And finally let the corrupt judges also taste prison they have been sentencing other criminals to. Let them be prosecuted and let those among them that are convicted be justly punished by imprisonment, fine, etc.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by 12inchDickson: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Pls pick up a copy of the constitution, its too early to start showing your ignorance, judicial offences and misconduct runs through NJC as long as our current constitution remains valid, no security agent can prosecute a judge, all they need do is to investigate and send findings to NJC now if we dont like the idea of that lets change it simple, but as long as the law is there respect it
respect a law protecting corrupt judges... U need help
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by sanpipita(m): 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
12inchDickson:
respect a law protecting corrupt judges... U need help

Its actually you that needs help, didnt you read the part where i advocated laws should be changed, how can you be complaining about a certain law which you say protects criminals yet you dont want to change or amend it? Who is being foolish here, we frown at Presidents and Governors having immunity within the law no matter how criminal they are yet no change and you think im the problem? Fix your laws if you dont like them. Simple
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by 12inchDickson: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Its actually you that needs help, didnt you read the part where i advocated laws should be changed, how can you be complaining about a certain law which you say protects criminals yet you dont want to change or amend it? Who is being foolish here, we frown at Presidents and Governors having immunity within the law no matter how criminal they are yet no change and you think im the problem? Fix your laws if you dont like them. Simple
I dint call u foolish tho
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Kay17: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Pls pick up a copy of the constitution, its too early to start showing your ignorance, judicial offences and misconduct runs through NJC as long as our current constitution remains valid, no security agent can prosecute a judge, all they need do is to investigate and send findings to NJC now if we dont like the idea of that lets change it simple, but as long as the law is there respect it

Read the relevant provision in the attachments i provided. You would see the provisions do not concern criminal prosecution rather removal from judicial office. The law is clear. For removal from office that's the procedure to be adopted.

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Kay17: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
CHESTER48:

nice talk or questions. But can u answer this ones
Who do we run to when we protest for or right of what we want and the executive send police to murder and arrest people? Who do we run to when the executive themselves don't listen to court orderorder. And uses dss to intimidate people. Who do we run to when anybody that talks about the government is raided or dss immediately start arresting or probing begins? I me that Is writing this too is still alive maybe tomorrow u get tracked that u talked truth about the government. Now who are the corrupt leaders and who should step down. The president is fighting corruption while he is master of corruption himselfhimself. Don't listen to court orders arrest and probes people anyhow. Where is our human right. Are we animals? The judges should be left alone period.

The DSS can break into their houses and arrest them but it can't commit them to prison without a trial conducted in public. The safeguards against a despotic executive are already there. The executive needs a judiciary to imprison criminals and a legislature to fund and approve it's budget
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by slivertongue: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
no doubt there are corrupt elements in the judiciary like in the executive and legislature bt d executive haven failed to use the legislature for image laundary have now turned to d judiciary to make it a scape goat and d weeping child of the three arms of govt bt d outcome of this misadventure is beta imagined than experienced cos d oligarchy in d judiciary wil fight back. first thing first, remove d log in ur own eye so u can see well to remove mine
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by sanpipita(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
Kay17:

Read the relevant provision in the attachments i provided. You would see the provisions do not concern criminal prosecution rather removal from judicial office. The law is clear. For removal from office that's the procedure to be adopted.

Can you kindly tell me what could constitute a criminal offence, and is it possible for a Judge to be removed with any possible offence, now with a possible offence hanging around a Judge, can you kindly tell me who is within powers to investigate and prosecute the Judges. since the NJC are just there to remove Judges
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Kay17: 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
sanpipita:

Can you kindly tell me what could constitute a criminal offence, and is it possible for a Judge to be removed with any possible offence, now with a possible offence hanging around a Judge, can you kindly tell me who is within powers to investigate and prosecute the Judges. since the NJC are just there to remove Judges

A criminal offence is such described under any statute especially the Criminal Code. If a judge commits an offence under the relevant Criminal Code such as murder or perjury or receipt of bribes then he is arrested and prosecuted by the executive through its organs and tried before a court of law.

Now if convicted that does not automatically remove him from his office but it can be a conviction can be a ground for removal from office. A criminal conviction doesn't remove them from their judicial offices.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by themanderon: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
My fellow country men, let's wake up and smell the coffee, there are serious implications to what the DSS has done. for a democracy to function effectively the three arms of government must function independently so that there will be adequate checks and balances, the implication of what the DSS has done is that the executive is now trying to muscle an arm of government into submission while trying to paint itself as being righteous, this is how dictatorships are formed. They usually come as angels of light and bam!!!! before we know it we will have our rights taken from us. By then it would be too late to fight back. some judges are corrupt but the executive should start within itself if it truly wants to fight corruption. Let us not emotionally cheer ourselves into slavery before its too late.
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Kay17:

The DSS can break into their houses and arrest them but it can't commit them to prison without a trial conducted in public. The safeguards against a despotic executive are already there. The executive needs a judiciary to imprison criminals and a legislature to fund and approve it's budget
story story. Biko I know of a Man arrested by dss? Please where is this man know him as Nnamdi Kanu is he in a custody cell or prison if I may ask. BUT HE HAS GONE THROUGH TRIAL AND GRANTED BAIL THEN WHY IS HE NOT FREE? ..are the dss above law? NOBODY IS ABOVE LAW EVEN THE LAWS THEMSELVES. IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA WHERE ORDINARY DSS IS ABOVE LAW IMAGINE

Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by mikolo80: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pidggin:
what happens when you build glass institutions
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by mikolo80: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pidggin:
what happens when you build glass institutions headed by corrupt individuals
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
anonimi:

It is a prelude to Buhari's 2nd term agenda as orchestrated by the cabal running affairs in the kitchen cabinet of the figure-head leader looter.
All criticism, opposition and democratic institutions of checks & balance must be silenced at all costs just as Adolf Hitler did eight decades ago.

and what happened when he passed his boundary. Calm down. When buhari oversteps we will take care of him
Re: Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud by mikolo80: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Abeymills:
When will d daura secret service crack down on the executivesam highly disappointed with dis useless govt of lies harassment recession hunger poverty n tyranny
you don't seem to understand checks and balances. Executive doesn't probe executive, that's what judiciary and legislative are for. But greed and maximum stupidity has silenced them. Until clean people get there. Till then

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Set Up Cattle Ranches Nationwide / Atiku Vs Buhari: Supreme Court To Hear Appeals On October 30 / N35000 Wage Award: Labour Gives Govs Ultimatum, 61 Million Nigerians To Get N1tn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.