Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History (1938 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Features In Film 'farming' Based On The Life Of Adewale Agbaje / What Are The Worst Movies You Saw In 2018? / Nigerian World War 1 & World War 2 Heroes In Film & TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Okay, I'll admit that I'm not one to notice the small details of life. I remember when I first got my drivers license and got behind the wheel that I couldn't remember how to get to certain places that I'd been to millions of times before. I was just used to being taken there while I daydreamed in the passenger seat!

But this lack of attention to detail has definitely gotten me concerned, especially when I realized I missed a few of THESE major costume mistakes in my favorite movies. 

1. Braveheart

History has proven that people in Scotland didn't wear kilts until about the 16th century. However, Mel Gibson's character can be seen rocking one throughout the entire Braveheart movie, which takes place in the 1300s. 

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2016
2. Django Unchained

Despite the fact that sunglasses weren't worn in America until the year 1929, Jamie Foxx can be seen sporting a nice pair throughout this Tarantino epic set about 70 years prior.

3. My Girl

Remember Vada's mood ring? Well it must give her the power to travel through time because these weren't invented until three years after the film is supposed to take place. 

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:14am On Oct 23, 2016
4. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

All of those Nazis that Harrison Ford fights are wearing war medals that were used during WWII. However, the film is supposed to take place before the war even happened.

5. Schindler's List

Have you ever noticed that all of the women in the film have shaven legs and armpits? Not only is it hard to believe that the women in the concentration camps were so concerned about their body hair, but shaving wasn't much of a trend for European women in the 1940s. 

6. Pirates Of The Caribbean

Have you ever noticed the random cowboy in this scene of the movie? He must not have gotten the memo that they were playing pirates...

2 Likes

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
7. Singin' In The Rain

The pink, poofy gown that Cathy wears in this scene was a very popular look in the 1950s, however the film is supposed to take place in the '20s. Awkward...

8. Seabiscuit

If you pay attention to the jockeys you'll notice that all of them are wearing chinstraps. This was a feature that wasn't introduced to horseracing until 1956, however the film takes place in the '30s. 

9. The Aviator

These thin, frameless glasses that Robert Gross wears are far too modern of a look for the 1920s.

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by veekid(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Keep em coming
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2016
10. Pearl Harbour

Almost none of the women in the film are seen wearing nylon stockings, even though this was commonplace before WWII. 

11. The Ten Commandments

Though this film has a ton of historical inaccuracies, one of the most obvious is Nefertiti's dress. The dye needed to make a dress that color simply doesn't exist in nature and therefore couldn't be made at that time in history. 

12. Amadeus

Many outfits throughout the film have zippers, even though they weren't invented until 120 years after Mozart's death. 

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2016
13. American Hustle

See that Rolex? It was made in 2010, but the movie takes place in the '70s. Weird.

14. Dirty Dancing

Throughout the film, Baby can be seen sporting a cute pair of denim shorts that were made popular throughout the 1980s. Too bad the film was set in the '60s!

15. Gladiator

In this iconic scene, Russel Crowe's shorts can be seen underneath his tunic, and I think it's safe to say that nobody in Ancient Rome had bike shorts...

http://diply.com/auntyacid/article/worst-film-costume-fails/5

COMMENT and let us know what other movie goofs you've spotted

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by midolian(m): 8:39am On Oct 23, 2016
You'all now see that "almighty" Hollywood makes silly mistakes too? grin

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by Vickiweezy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
But who d info epp?
The film don pay everyone wey dey involved, u dey reason small mistakes.
Good to know sha.
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Argo had the same watch mistake. Ben Affleck's character wore a 2012 model watch for a movie set in the '60s or '70s.

1 Like

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by luckygirl02(f): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nobody is always right. We are all humans
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by okwabayi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
Lol at the chinstrap fact. These inaccuracies were discovered by introverts. Introverts use their whole brain to pay attention to forms of entertainment.
Being a regular on Reddit has made me realize a lot of things about movies which I normally otherwise forego.
Sometimes the 'mistakes' are created to make the character more visually interesting.
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by phr0nesis(m): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2018
I didn't watch any of those movies to pick out errors. I watched for entertainment and I wasn't disappointed
Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by zeanslim(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2018
Most of this costume mistakes are funny, but it will be hard for an average user to spot. Still better than glitches, bad filming and acting.

Mean while, i made a list here, where you can easily download the latest movies or other full seasons TV series for free.

Best sites To Download Movies And TV Series for free

this site loads super fast on both PC and mobile

Re: 15 Worst Costume Mistakes In Film History by Naughtytboy: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
If this thing make front page make i burn

(1) (Reply)

Jacob's Cross On Mnet - Would Love To Watch It! / I Must Act In Nollywood By Fire By Force. / We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.