Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

As It Is Done On Earth! Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As It Is Done On Earth! Heaven? (305 Views)

My Journey Into heaven / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As It Is Done On Earth! Heaven? by balogunrealone: 8:17am On Oct 23, 2016
Gone are the days when we pray early in the morning at Omolola Nursery and Primary School, Sagamu with our eyes closed and our gaze fixed into blindness. Our teachers will be looking for any pupil that tries to wink his/her eye in the course of prayer. If any gets caught in the process, you'll have one or two knocks on your head from any one of those fierce-looking, super Ghanaian teachers.

When we recite the Lord's Prayer, happiness slides through me and joy rekindles in me. We read with so much enthusiasm irrespective of what religions we practised at home, we were kids, the best of any human. The moment religion stepped in, a lot of us discovered reading the Lord's Prayer was wrong or singing an Islamic song was unethical, total nonsense! I enjoyed reciting the prayer and I still remember how everywhere gets "lighted" when we open our eyes. Often, I used to think an Angel was present. Wrong or right, those moments were adorable.

I'm growing in my ability to ask myself pertinent questions and once again, remembering the Lord's Prayers, I ask myself, "as it is done on earth, so it is in heaven, heaven please!

This earth rekindles hate! Heaven please! This earth regurgitates terror! Heaven please! This earth is filled with divinely satanic and luciferous humans, heaven please! As it is done on earth, let heaven be better than this. What I see on earth here must not exist elsewhere. No!

Kids grow with no knowledge, innocent and pure hearted and then God grants them education and a family embedded in religious zealotry and that's it! Education is expected to open eyes, not close them! Religion is a reminder of God's words and how we may be closer to him, not a means of forgetting to be humane!

God's name is hallowed and sacrosanct but no man's is. Then, politics enter the fray and some leaders take the universe's prime position in their minds. Dashing evil with delirious ingenuity and keeping people hooked to pains and anguish. What is going on on earth here, heaven, please don't repeat!

The earth is befuddling, wars are endless. Sandwiched in political thuggery, misandry and misogyny by different individuals. What ended Sodom and Gomorrah is done with a relentless insouciance now. Are all these happening in heaven too? Educate me if I need to but remember, I will critically break it down again and ask myself, as it is done earth? Heaven should be better, I beg!

(1) (Reply)

God Has A Better Plan For Every Human On Earth (volume 2) / Our Power Within / Where Your Focus Should Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.