Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Tips For A Successful Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips For A Successful Job Interview (7327 Views)

Tips On How To Prepare For A Successful Job Interview (part 1) / Ten (10) Skills Require To Search A Successful Job / Six ( 6 ) Secrets To A Successful Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Trivalence: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2016
I attended this seminar last year. And I will like to share my jotting in one of the sections.

It was a jotting from the section on ''How to ACE your interview''. Surprisingly, it was delivered by a baker-a baker in a well tailored suit-knew bakers only in their apron (just joking anyway) and he titled it ''Tips for a successful job interview''.

FROM MY JOTTING:

Job interview is not necessarily about sitting on the 'hot seat' seeking for a job. It can happen anywhere, anytime. Job changes but interview never change. All jobs interviews are the same.

TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL JOB INTERVIEW

==> First Impression Count: - Greet your interviewer with a smile.
 - Give eye contact.
- Sell yourself before anything else. Appear bold  and confident but not arrogant.

==> Go in prepared: - Take time to prepare.
  - Re-read your CV and the job advert before the interview.
  - Do your research thoroughly: check what the company deals in; you can check their website if they have, for vital information about them.        
  -You may be asked about the salary you are after, make research about the maximum salary before going.

==>  Believe in yourself and idea: - Be bold 'It's better to say you need some time to gather your thought rather than speak and regret afterward'.
- Answer questions properly: even if you need a moments silence to collect your thought, do not hesitate to say so.
- Know your purpose.
- Be ready to talk about your knowledge, experience, abilities, and skills. Do not exaggerate but be confident as much as possible.

==> Be positive: interviewer like someone that like challenges. Let them know you always see a happy ending in a tough challenge before it end. Do not say a challenge you can not cope with.

==> Remember your body language: If the chair offered you is not comfortable tell them, so that in your bid to feel comfortable in the uncomfortable chair, you will not appear uncomfortable and scared.

==> Expect the unexpected: - Ask the interviewer to repeat the question if necessary.
  - Sometimes interviewer ask brain teaser questions that often only him know the answer to; other interviewer on the table might not know the answer to the teaser like you. Just be honest with your answer.

==> Remember your manners: The words Please, Sorry, Excuse me, Pardon me, Thank you are important.

==> Look great: appearance matter.

==> Put God first : though it is the last here, it has to be here and before others. Pray before and after.

www.trivalenceaskme..com

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by jay5iveee: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2016
Need A Sales/Computer Operator Job
I am a graduate of FUNAAB, 2.1 and in dire need of Sales person or Computer Operator or any other suitable vacant positions to keep life and soul together. 08031862911

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by nmreports: 6:43am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice tips and I agree. There is no end to learning. There's always a new thing that can help

These interviews attitude was what I practiced before going for any interview and which gave me my current job.
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by dollaflow(m): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2016
ok
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by orlarbissy(f): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Aiite, thks
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 24, 2016
interesting
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Sixkobo(f): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice Tips but before you can get an interview invite they are stages you need to pass first...and that's what I will list below. Endeavor to read them

Firstly is knowing How to write a Good Resume which we treated Here http://sixkobo.com.ng/resume-write-good-resume-cv-sixkobo/ or How to Write a Good Cover Letter [ur]http://sixkobo.com.ng/write-good-cover-letter-sixkobo/[/url]

Or for those who does not know Difference between Cover Letter, Application Letter, Resume and CV can also read them here too http://sixkobo.com.ng/application-letter-cover-letter-resume-curriculum-vitae-cv-diffrence/ and many more
These resources are very helpful so endeavor to read them well.
Thanks at OP
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by soberdrunk(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2016
I have done a few interviews myself and i can confidently say although these tips are 'politically correct', employers are tired of applicants acting the same old script. Sometimes if you dare to be different by being your 'real' self you just might get the job because some employers are allergic to pretence angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2016
Were is the job first?
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by samirchudi(m): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2016
this tips u put up,is it for 2019 after daura don kill finish?
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by nmreports: 6:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by sylvar02(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2016
good
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by sylvar02(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2016
ikiller:
Were is the job first?

lmao
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Benjom(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2016
When we were growing up,they used to tell us that Education is they key to success,now we have that key, only to find out that the government has changed the padlock

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Felixtuta(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2016
Woow this is good.
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice one
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by ezechueze(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2016
OK
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2016
Train your kids to be CEO's, they would thank you later. cause they dont need to pass through all these just to put food on the table and pay the bills.
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by TheOonlyOne: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice one OP
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by oparaben(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Archangels1: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2016
Sixkobo:
Nice Tips but before you can get an interview invite they are stages you need to pass first...and that's what I will list below. Endeavor to read them

Firstly is knowing How to write a Good Resume which we treated Here http://sixkobo.com.ng/resume-write-good-resume-cv-sixkobo/ or How to Write a Good Cover Letter [ur]http://sixkobo.com.ng/write-good-cover-letter-sixkobo/[/url]

Or for those who does not know Difference between Cover Letter, Application Letter, Resume and CV can also read them here too http://sixkobo.com.ng/application-letter-cover-letter-resume-curriculum-vitae-cv-diffrence/ and many more
These resources are very helpful so endeavor to read them well.
Thanks at OP

pretty nice info here. thanks I learnt a lot
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Rukayat08(f): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
When we were growing up,they used to tell us that Education is they key to success,now we have that key, only to find out that the government has changed the padlock
funny but true!
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Tuhndhay(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks for the Tip...... Help a brother in need of a profitable employment opportunity, Biko... A graduate of Economics whose major strength is Administration related task but not too rigid to try other areas. GOD BLESS Nigeria.... 0806710724
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by freemile2ru: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

Key broken and thrown into the Atlantic ocean, trapped within the bermuda triangle, protected by 34 lesbian mermaids , never to be found again
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Sixkobo(f): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Archangels1:

pretty nice info here. thanks I learnt a lot
Glad we can help you. Do visit us for more stuff
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by 1stimpression(f): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
you are absolutely right
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by jaywee(m): 3:53am On Oct 25, 2016
Great tips. Confidence is key. But confidence itself stems from roots of knowledge of the profession/trade, facts and figures, current affairs, and an understanding of how things work. It gives you control. Everything else works out easy.

Good luck to all intrviewees
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Mzyouzee1(f): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
A friend who made a 2.2 went for a job interview and came bck crying....employers should stop putting a limitation on jobs over degrees...I knw alot of pple who made 2.2 and even 3rd class dat have much more to offer dan some who made 2.1....it makes tins difficult....why not try then based on there ability and not some shitty certificate!
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by jaywee(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mzyouzee1:
A friend who made a 2.2 went for a job interview and came bck crying....employers should stop putting a limitation on jobs over degrees...I knw alot of pple who made 2.2 and even 3rd class dat have much more to offer dan some who made 2.1....it makes tins difficult....why not try then based on there ability and not some shitty certificate!

True. I finished with a 2.2. Narrowly missed a 2.1 by 0.04. But now in a far better position than the 2.1s and 1st classes of my set. Companies overseas don't necessarily care about your grade points. As long as you graduated, you have a fair chance like everyone else. Naija should change its mentality.
Re: Tips For A Successful Job Interview by Mzyouzee1(f): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
Are they still hiring biko
jaywee:

True. I finished with a 2.2. Narrowly missed a 2.1 by 0.04. But now in a far better position than the 2.1s and 1st classes of my set. Companies overseas don't necessarily care about your grade points. As long as you graduated, you have a fair chance like everyone else. Naija should change its mentality.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Recruiting, SSS Tells Nigerians / What To Expect On Glo Aptitude Test / FAAN Recruitment 2018/2019 – Apply For Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.