Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Matthew 08 : 29 - 32 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 08 : 29 - 32 (307 Views)

Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Primate E.O Akeju's 32 Prophesies On Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu, Obasanjo, Funke / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Matthew 08 : 29 - 32 by kenmaro: 10:02am On Oct 23, 2016
Please, I need your thoughts on this verse. I couldn't really understand the reason behind it;
"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"
Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding.
The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs."
He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men.

(Matthew 08 : 29 - 32 )

My question: Why did the demon possessed men beg Jesus to drive them into the herd of pigs as a result drowning & killing the pigs instead of driving them out into the abyss of hell? And also, what is the significance of Jesus' action here?
Re: Matthew 08 : 29 - 32 by Hydrog3n(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2016
(– !! –)''

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens 31 October 2016: Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / 20 Reasons Why Your November Should Be Filled With Praises / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.