Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Is The English Media Bias? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is The English Media Bias? (472 Views)

English Media Praises Kevin De Bruyne And Phil Foden After FA Cup Win / English Media Knock Alex Iwobi Over Recent Performances / Is The English Media Bias?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The English Media Bias? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2016
Why isn't anybody talking about man city winless streak
Since United last won the league under the management of Sir Alex Ferguson, the public scrutiny of their performances have been the main attention of most sports journalists. The era of Moyes saw every tactical action of the manager scrutinized by the media. It went as far as claiming that there were infighting within the group and they did this without backing the claims with evidence. This ultimately led to the distraction of both the playing and coaching staffs of United and unsurprisingly, Moyes paid the price. Then it was the turn of Lious Van Gaal. There was no decency of giving him a breathing space in the job, after the defeat against Swansea in his first game in charge, all guns were on him and United, they scrutinized every policies and blamed the performances of the players on the strictness of the manager. Policies like double training were called into questioning. But each time these criticisms came up, Lious always defended the players. I believe his aim was to stop the ideas of the press from distracting the players. This didn't work though, because he was just one man compared to the press. The media successfully turned the fans and united's board against Van gaal. And it became clear he was going to be sacked as soon as mourinho was free. Mourinho's era started well, three(3) wins and there was a little level of breathing space, but after the winless streak in the coming fixtures after the city game, there was nothing that wasn't said about mourinho and his team, to make matters worst, individual players were targeted as in the case of Paul Pogba. This is why I'm very shocked that this same media has said nothing about the winless streak of man city. For three(3) consecutive matches, they have drawn one(1) and convincingly loss the others still nothing has been said. If it were De Gea that made the blunder made by Bravo, I know for weeks they would continually write something up about it as they have been doing to Paul Pogba. Is City now the "untouchable gem". Only time would tell
http://www.thefanscorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=44&sid=7fabdce341038371daf012e17b7c3191
Re: Is The English Media Bias? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Come share your opinions at www.thefanscorner.com
Re: Is The English Media Bias? by freesinzu(m): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
Very bias

1 Like

Re: Is The English Media Bias? by freesinzu(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Very bias, op just don't like the fact that ur referring me to another site, anyways have clicked and am yet to bend

1 Like

Re: Is The English Media Bias? by DesChyko: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
My post the next morning after Man City defeat to Barcelona

Re: Is The English Media Bias? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Another draw, let's see what they would say this time. Let me guess, "Guadiorla's system always needed time"

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United Review / Mourinho Booked By Ref / Sissoko Confirms Tottenham Exit By January...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.