Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Support For The League Of Monarchs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support For The League Of Monarchs (301 Views)

Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers / Tinubu Withdraws Financial Support For APC - Naij.com / Niger Delta Monarchs Meet FG, State Conditions For Peace (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Support For The League Of Monarchs by KingSango(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
Greetings,

I would like to extend my support for this new youth gathering called the "League of Monarchs". I believe it is a great idea for young Africans to band together and celebrate tradition absent of cult followings. For young people to hold in remembrance with reverence our great traditions of light. No matter what culture Africans stem, I've studied most of them, and there is a common theme, purity and righteousness is held above all other attributes. Unlike cult thinking which seems to enforce the idea that the end justifies the end. My Baba tells me that originally Ogboni wasn't a brotherhood but a coming together of stakeholders, land owners, to support the government of the Obas. The cult of monarchs, the love for our royal ancestors is the most beautiful reality. Empires have come and gone, each time Empires fell they gave birth new ones, so royal families came from previous empires. This means African royalty, at least first class ones, extends back into the Dawn of Africa. So royal blood is very special indeed because this is the blood of the Gods/Irunmole. But also lets honor the noble, men and women who long ago held the respect of their fellow kinsmen because they earned it. And the continuation of that noble blood via the stakeholders and their children. I do desire for young Africans to become noble, to hold character above materialism, and to show responsiblity in building up Africa, especially Nigeria that giant of Africa. But what I would really love to see is growing support by the youth for economic infrastructure, building up of the road. Recently I became aware of the 15 nation Union between West African nations and the proposal for an one currency for these nations. This is a great idea and there's no better place to promote such an idea than with the youth. Just look at East Africa which has already achieved an union with 5 nations for an one currency. The Phillipines has just recently joined with China and other Asia nations for economic strength in the South Seas. Also previously this year, the U.K has withdrew from the E.U, obviously thinking of its future. So I think Nigeria must take the lead in moving towards the one currency for the 15 states of West Africa. In the future I will promote the League of Monarchs as noble place to jumpstart the rise of West African peace and prosperity. Ase, ase, ase, ooo!

Baba Ejiogbe.

The ECOWAS

The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. The region of West Africa is located west of north-south axis lying close to 10° east longitude. The Atlantic Ocean forms the western as well as the southern borders of the West African region. The northern border is the Sahara Desert, with the Ranishanu Bend generally considered the northernmost part of the region. The eastern border lies between the Benue Trough, and a line running from Mount Cameroon to Lake Chad.
Colonial boundaries are still reflected in the modern boundaries between contemporary West African states, cutting across ethnic and cultural lines, often dividing single ethnic groups between two or more states. The Economic Community of West African States has defined the region of West Africa since 1999 as including the following 15 states:

BENIN
BURKINA FASO
CABO VERDE
CÔTE D'IVOIRE
The GAMBIA
GHANA
GUINEA
GUINEA BISSAU
LIBERIA
MALI
NIGER
NIGERIA
SENEGAL
SIERRA LEONE
TOGO

(1) (Reply)

Me / Amaechi Focused On National Issues / Nigeria In Social And Political Wilderness - Force Bray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.