Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Is This For Real? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is This For Real? (6068 Views)

Novel That Made Me Cry For Real / Believe It Or Not Its For Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This For Real? by sosa993: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Twenty-three year old Isoken Adams stopped believing men after she went through a devastating breakup, however things changed when she meets Dideolu adeboro and she takes an instant liking to him...........

© All Rights Reserved.
Re: Is This For Real? by Presh900(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
This better be good
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
The story will be updated once in every week guys.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
if it scares you it might be a good thing

- Seth grodin[i]if it scares you it might be a good thing

- Seth grodin[/i]if it scares you it might be a good thing

- Seth grodin
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
if it scares you, it might be a good thing

- Seth grodin

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
chapter 1

My eyes widen in shock as I examined the damage on my car, I had just crashed into someone's vehicle thanks to my stalker ex boyfriend David who kept calling and messaging me while I drove.

I heard an unfamiliar voice of a man behind me, I turned around and glared at the man who stood before me. His eyes burned with anger as he folds his arms over his chest.

"so... what do we do now?", I asked, looking at him.

His forehead furrowed.

"you just hit my car and all...you could ask me is what do we now" he mimicked the tone of my voice.

At the moment I was furious but I needed to calm my nerves down, after all if I had concentrated while driving, this wouldn't have happened.

He spoke to me like I was a child, which made feel angry. But I didn't want to show it. I bit my lips and looked him squarely in his dark eyes. "look!.. Am sorry. it's just a minor crash." I protested. I sensed his anger increase. I shut my eyes and exhaled deeply. "I'll get it fixed if that's ...what..y..ou want" I stammered as soon as his expression hardened even more.

He eyed me for some seconds and walked towards his car. Fear crossed my face when I saw him pop his head into his vehicle.

'what was he looking for' I thought.

Few seconds later , he walked towards me and handed a card to me. He stared at me and I rolled my eyes.

"call me so we.. could discuss the amount you are paying for the repair". I looked at him in disbelief. I never knew he was going to take my words that Serious.

I faked a smile and stretched out my hand "am Isoken.. I'll.. give you a call". The corners of his mouth turned up, he stared at me again before heading to his car and driving off.

I sighed in relief as soon as I sat in my car ' at least he wasn't that mean' a voice said in my head.

I glanced through the card one more time before saving it on my contact list.

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 7:35am On Oct 31, 2016
good morning guys[b]
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
chapter 2

I slammed my fists on the table before me.My face scrunched up and my eyes narrowed as I looked around the classroom.

My students flinched at the noise the tabled produced turning their attention to me. All of a sudden the talking, laughing and whispering stopped.

Shutting my eyes, I slumped back to my seat to continue with the test scripts before me.

if only I could get a job elsewhere. I was tired of working here, it's one thing to have a job and it's another to be a slave.

Most teachers in Riverside Academy can be considered as slaves including me.

After about fifteen minutes of marking and recording, the school bell blared and my students left the classroom one after the other, I let out a huge breath, I got up to pack some books and test scripts on the table when I heard a faint cry.

I turned around and saw one of my students leaning on the table. I walked to where she sat and tapped her.

She flinched.

I gave a light smile, pulling the chair right behind me forward.

"Are you okay?" I examined her face thoroughly, she gave me an half smile while she wiped her wet cheeks. "Am fine ...ma"

"Are you sure?". This time the tears Welled up in her eyes flowed freely. I drew her closer and wiped her tears of her face.

' what could be wrong' I thought.

'could she be pregnant' a voice said in my head.

"shh..shhhh.... stop ... crying" unsure of what to say. I gave her a weak smile and stood up. she stood up and immediately too.

"i have to go home ma." she said and walked away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
continuation......

later in the evening.....

IBUKUN'S POV

I curled up in my bed under my thick blanket as tears welled up in my eyes. I jumped each time I heard the honk of car.

'please God'. I clasped my hands together and wept.

just then I heard a bang on the front door, I knew he was back from work. That was his daily routine. He loved coming home before my mum.

I stood up and tiptoed towards my door, locking it, I slip back under my blanket. I shook uncontrollably at the thought of him repeating what he did to me a day prior.

Soon I heard loud footsteps approach my room.

'not today'. I muttered and bit my already chapped lips.

My throat went dry instantly when I heard two light knocks on my door.

"ibukun", He called out. I ignored. Covering my mouth with my palm. "ibu.....kun". He growled, he knocked louder this time and jumped out of bed.

I got the door, and stared at the devil before me. He grinned from ear to ear, stepping closer to me,he lunged his hand at me, but I flinched away.

A feeling of nausea crept up my throat, as I notice him leering at me.

"stay away from me". I took few step back while he loosened one of his buttons.

" You don't tell me what to do in my house. I pay the bills here. Do you understand me?". I couldn't reply him. I just stood there unsure of what to do.

I felt sweat trickle down my back. How I wish I was strong, strong enough to fight this monster, courageous enough to tell my mother what I go through everyday in the hands of this man.

'if only my father was still Alive' I thought.

I should have have told miss Isoken the monster I have as a step-father.

"please leave ...me ..alone..I ...I...I won't tell mum... I swear, just let me be". I had little or no strength to struggle with this evil being.

" I know you like what I do to you", he said as walked closer. He loosened more bottoms on his shirt.

My breathing became heavier. I couldn't think straight any longer, I looked around to grab the nearest object, but none were strong enough to protect my self against the assault he planned.

' why does this bastard keep doing this!'

My step-father being a very strong man, he lunged at me again, this time he wrapped his disgusting arms around me and spun me around.

I clutched his throat, but he response with two hot slap which made my grip on him loosen.

He threw me on my bed and looked me straight in the eye. " just stop ...struggling..and I won't have to hurt you".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
New story here guys..

@princessadeola elmogaji Brightextbright melonny Stardomberry Callmeomotee3 Adamsly001 olabantu Nmaglit omobolajisword perfectionist11 percydamsel Holashikemi Bornita missmossy dimssy kaecyy cymaxy samexdx Ayo4z millynels smartoliver kacyjabarikonshency judemmesoma Twinkle004 mailthaddeus BlizzydoDo greatG TheAZIZ ideology01 rachealfst icemanP
Re: Is This For Real? by rachealfst(f): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
Nice one, Ride on........ following.
Re: Is This For Real? by Samexdx(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
Okay na
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
chapter 3

ISOKEN'S POV

"what?...." I shrieked.
"I don't even have that much. can't we just get my mechanic to do the repair?. I promise it'll be cheaper"

He looked really irritated at how I sounded,he furrowed his eyebrows as his eyes narrowed at me. I swear I could feel my palms sweating even with the air conditioning system on.

He shook his head and glanced at his wristwatch. He was obviously tired of having me here, in his office.

"look! I have a lot of important things I do here... I don't care how you get the money, I want my car repaired and it's going to be my own mechanic doing the job. if I were you I would get up and look for a way to get this money, instead of sitting here saying stupid things".

I felt my face heat up. How could someone be this rude and heartless. There was no way I would pay that amount just for a repair. I looked around his office in order to ease my anger. My eyes rested on a picture frame on his table. The picture was that of an elderly woman,she looked like someone in her early fifties. The smile she had on her face was so real and endearing. I stole a glance at the man in front of me and noticed they looked so alike.

I heaved a sigh of frustration as soon as I stopped staring at the picture. I was in a hot mess. This wasn't the time to admire a beautiful woman on a picture.

How do I go about this!

Life wasn't in my favour at all, it's been so difficult ever since I lost my. it wasn't much of a easy task either when she was alive, my father had abandoned my mother and I when I was barely two years. But still having my mother around back then eased somethings for me.

Now am all alone, no father, no mother, few friends, no man in my life. My life was basically empty.

And this devil before me was making it more difficult for me.

I shook my head and got to my feet "I'll see how much I can raise". I was very angry yet I still acted so calm and collected.

He smirked at me in a mocking way. whatever he gained from annoying me was what I couldn't understand. He didn't even know me until the day we met through an accident.

"you have until the end of the week. we don't have to involve the police if you do what you have to do ..... quick" He finally spoke.

"i'll ........ try .....to get the money.." . I swallowed hard. My eyes welled up, but I fought hard not to cry. I couldn't cry in the presence of this man. it would make him feel too important and see me as a weak person.

I sniffed and gave him one last look before leaving and slamming his office door.

I was scared and tired. How do I even get this money. I had called few friends for help , but all they said was "oh! am broke oo"

"babe I'll see what I can"

" Am in debt too"

They all had one issue they were facing.

I laid on the sofa, as I wondered what to do

'should I call him' I said to myself....

I knew that would be a bad Idea so I decided against it, it was no use begging such person. He would only throw more insults at me.

He was an arrogant, rude man. He couldn't even show me a little respect when I was in his office.

For God's sake, it was just a minor accident. I just wished he would over look this.

He's a rich man , he sells cars for a living. He could get any car he wanted.

I heaved in frustration.

This is why I hate rich people,they are always heartless, mean to people and always thought they were better than others.

I hate rich people, especially rich men...

later that night, I swallowed my pride decided to call him and ask that we see again.

Maybe.... just maybe he'll pity me......

.........please don't forget to comment, it's important

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
grin cheesy
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
chapter 4

IBUKUN'S POV

I fidget on the bench as the principal's door snicked open. Her shoes made fast scuffs against the floor tiles and then she was right in front of me, hovering over me like an angry hurricane about to swallow me whole.

I abruptly stood up and looked down avoiding her moderous gaze.

oh! that woman knew how to intimidate people.

I had just been sent to the principal's office for defending myself.

"Ma, she started the whole thing-". The girl beside me pointed at me trying to explain herself, but the was not pleased at all.

"shut up!"

yes ..... I was glad the woman shunned the stupid girl, who always thought she could change every situation to favour her. I choked down my laughter as a smile spread across my round face.

"I want to see both your parents tomorrow! in fact I'll your parents myself. Behaviours like this won't be tolerated in this school".

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead when the principal threatened us. I knew what that meant.

Trouble!.

I scratched the back of my neck,my face met with the principal's cold glare. I was finished. My mom would personally kill me herself, she never always believed anything I told her.

how do I explain this now.

she would kill me if this news gets to her, she always wanted a perfect daughter. Not a timid child who always had something wrong going on in her life.

There were times whenever I annoyed her, she would tell me she wished she never had me and how my demonic spirit killed the love of her life my dad.

Hmmm Nawa o! My life is just a complete mess, with so many ups and downs.

I quickly knelt in front of the principal, with my palm clasped together. MRS Akinlaja (principal) glared at me ordering us to leave her office.

Joy , the girl who I fought with eyed me as she walking past me, making me snicker at her.

I hated that girl with every drop of blood in me.

This stupid girl has always been taunting me ever since we met. She considered me to be proud rich kid who loved keeping to herself, she believes I feel too big.

But wait since when

I strode out of the principal's office into the hall, inhaling the nauseating smell of disinfectants coming out from the school toilet, students like me streamed out of their classrooms chatting and laughing with one another.

I smiled as soon as I saw miss isoken walking towards me. I loved that lady.

I quickened my steps, meeting her half-way. Her eyebrows tighten in a straight line when she saw my face.

"good afternoon ma", I said trying to divert her attention. Her fingers touched my face, turning my head sideways in other examine to scratch that stupid joy gave me on my cheek.

" What happened?".

"nothing ...Ma", I looked down and she withdraw her hand.

"ibukun..talk, who did this to you?". she questioned.

"I.I.. got into a fight"

she gripped my hands and pulled me along the hallway, she got a plastic chair for me as soon as we got into the staff room. I felt like running out of the place as soon as I notice the teachers were looking at us.

"why would you get into a fight ibukun. you are one of the good students in this school, quiet and easy going...".

"she's been taunting me for a while now"

"who?"

"joy"

"you could have come to", she said in a soft tone, that made me wished I had come to her instead. she is a nice lady, who would do anything for her students.

At that moment I wished I could tell her everything I have been going through. But I didn't want to dump every of my burden on her.

Fighting back the tears that threatened to over flow.

"always come to me when you need help Ibukun. Never go physical with anyone", she said. I smiled and stood up.

There was no way she could help me with my problems even though I wished I could tell her.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
there would be more updates this evening, pls guys don't just view, I need your comments.

it's important.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
chapter 5

DIDEOLU'S POV

"mom look I'll get a woman when am ready", I snapped at my mother, she'd been talking on and about how she needed a daughter in-law and grand children.

I bent down where I sat and lossened my shoe lace.

I had just got back from work and I decided to pass the night at my parent's house, my mom had been calling me for the past few weeks to come home but I had always been busy. Now that I finally decided to visit... this is what I get?

" you don't need a woman, you need a wife... someone to take care of you....I want your children coming over here to spend their holiday Dideolu. I want to see your children before I die"

I glared at her when she talked about dying.

My mom is a drama queen, but I still loved her. she always had a way of blackmailing me using her emotions. But this idea of me becoming a family man is never going to work.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the same time. "mom! I do not need a woman to take care of me.... am a grown up and I can take care of myself. what would a woman give me ......if it's grand children you want , then I'll get a girl to have my babies.. shikena!".

coming to this place was a very big mistake, one I can not avoid so long am here. As far as i am concerned, I still don't know the reason why I would want to get married and tie myself down to just one woman.

I can't even stand dating a woman for too long talk more of marriage.

" why don't you like women? I am a woman for God's sake", she was already getting so worked up by my reply. I smiled.

" why do you hate women".

seriously she just asked me that? I don't hate women. I just don't see any reason tying myself down to one woman.

Although when I was a younger, I always wondered how it would look like proposing to my Ex girlfriend Trisha. Aha! that girl played with my heart.

But I stopped dwelling on that a long time ago.

"Dideolu, when your father was your age..we were already married"

I scoffed and laughed deeply at what my mother just said. As far as I was concerned my father doesn't love my mom. He never even treated with the respect she deserve. My father was a complete bad guy when he was my age. He hopped from one woman to another, and I still resent him till this day for hurting my mom that much.

" mom... please let's not talk about your marriage with my father", I chuckled and concenterated on the programme I was watching.

"no one is perfect and that includes your father".

I looked at my mom and realised she was already crying. what I said really hit her hard.

I walked towards the sofa and sat next to her, wiping the tears off her face.

"mom am sorry...emabinu ...I did not mean to say that. I'll get a wife if it pleasesyou. just stop crying".
The tears in her eyes slide down her beautiful wrinkled face.

I wouldn't really blame her for wanting to see her grand kids. but for the love I just clocked twenty seven not just few weeks ago. I just want to enjoy my life and bed as many girls as possible.

it was always one week different girl, after all I had the money. she stood up and headed to the kitchen to check what she was cooking.

I glanced at my phone as it rang loudly,it was that girl who damaged my car. I chuckled and tapped the silence button on the screen.

she had called me yesterday night to talk about the money she was paying, I had snapped at her and cut the call on her.
I grinned when an idea crept in my head...

I could give her two choices.... let's see what she'll go for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
chapter 6

ISOKEN'S POV

The a st few days has been quite unexceptional, just my normal day to day activities, going to school, teaching student and all. Mr dideolu had finally called me for a meeting, after ignoring my calls several time,he actually sounded different on phone, which was quite strange.

While drying myself up after getting out of the bathroom, my phone rang loudly, making me rush to get it. I tapped on the answer icon on the screen as soon as I got hold of my phone.

speaking of the devil!

"hello", I said

"isoken I need to see you now!"

I frowned.

from the few times I had met him, I knew he was the kind of man who believed he could push people around to do his bidding, for goodness sake he told me he would love to see me this weekend, why the sudden change of mind.

heaving loudly, I shut my eyes and bit my lips.

"mr "Dideolu, I don't think that will be possible today"

"we either talk about this now or never... so your choice"

"cold bastard" I muttered.

"what?" he asked.

"nothing", I replied.

"I'll pick you up at Mobil junction, by six. Don't keep me waiting", He hung up the phone before I could even protest. it was twenty minutes to six already.
I dropped my phone and dashed towards my wardrobe, I picked out a simple pink gown, my brown messenger's leather bag and my robin's egg coloured scarf.

I applied some concealer at the corners of my nose and below eyes.

After applying my makeup, I walked out of my house and waved a bike down.

once I got to Mobil junction, an inky black E-class Mercedes benz parked right in front of me, the Windows were tinted so I couldn't see who was driving it. l jerked at the vibration my phone made against my thighs. I dug into my bag and picked the call.

"get in the car", he said., I looked at the car before me, realising the window was already down making see who was in it.

Mr Dideolu!

I gave him a slight nod and walked into his cars and buckled my seatbelt. He started the car almost immediately.
" so... Uhm.. where are we going". I asked, he looked at me before removing his sunglasses while his eyebrows knit together.

I made a mental eyeroll, this guys sef.

"you'll know when we get there" .

I shook my head and browsed through my phone. soon we arrived at our destination, THE VIOLET ROOFTOP was boldly written on the top entrance of the restaurant. He got out the car and I followed suit, when we got in, he chose a table in the corner but this was one situation where we sat didn’t really matter. it was just a meeting anyway.

I scanned the menu, the waiter came asking what I wanted to order. I closed the menu and rubbed at the ache starting behind my eye. “fried rice and the Orange juice", I begged. He ordered the same thing with me and dropped the menu.

"are you okay?" he asked.

" Am fine".

As soon as we were served Mr Dideolu kept shoving spoon after spoon of fried rice into his mouth, his muscles bulging in his well -proportioned body like boulders being squeezed to the surface by tectonic activity, I couldn't just stop throwing glance at him, he was not your ramson nnoah type of guy but I was beginning to find him so attractive.

There was an awkward silence while we are, he focused on his food.

He leaned back on his chair when he was done. our eyes met which made me look down, I kept pushing my food around the plate, when I realised he wouldn't stop staring at me.

I adjusted my gown which had moved above my knees, dropping my spoon ,I sipped my juice and cleared my throat.

"Uhm... Why am I here..?"

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
chapter 7

ISOKEN'S POV

I knocked on Natasha's front door as tears flowed freely down my cheeks, I had made a big mistake going to meet this heartless asshol.e.

I still can't believe someone would belittle me this much, making me feel so dirty and worthless, how could he say those things to me.

my heart pounded rapidly in my chest, different emotions flooded my mind. fear, anger and sadness. His face flooded my mind again, that stupid smirk he had on his lips. To think that he feels what he said was not a big deal was so annoying.I felt another pang of headache on the side of my eye.

I shook my head trying to get his face from appearing in my mind.

Natasha appeared at the front door, she rushed to where I stood and choked me in a hug. she's been my friend for so many years even though I wasn't the type to do the best friends forever kind of thing, but she was still my friend. My closest friend at that, and at the moment I needed her by my side.

she pulled me into her apartment and locked the door, guiding me towards the couch in her sitting room. I and Natasha were alike in so many ways, but the difference between us was our appearance, she has a short curly light brown hair while I have a long jet black hair. The colour of her hair complimented her fair skin, while mine, well looked really odd against my fair skin.

she was also not the type to cry at the slightest things unlike me.

" Why are you crying?", Natasha asked, she sat next to me and wiped my tears with the back of her palm.

" I Don't know what to do tasha ....He wants the money paid off as soon as possible, he said he either get his money or I pay with somethingelse"

"you mean that guy you damaged his car?", I nodded my head yes, Natasha's face contoured into a frown. "okay so what should you pay with asides with money".

"he wants sex... can you imagine sex, I hate him tasha so much". Natasha raised here eyebrows,

" he wants sex if you can't pay?.. that's serious oo", she looked down at her palms. " what if you sell your car", she suggested.

" No, I can't. Why would I do that? just so I can repair his car. No, never", I shook my head and backed my friend.

"the car is old na...., besides it's damaged too, is it not better you sell it, repair that idiot's car and keep the remaining money"

she was right in a way, I could keep the remaining money and
start my tailoring business, that I had always wanted to do.

"I'll think about it", I sighed.

Natasha stood up and head towards her room while I just slumped on the couch.

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Don't just view, comment.
Re: Is This For Real? by saraphina(f): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
interesting piece
Re: Is This For Real? by marcusagrippa(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
Interesting story, Sosa993. Following!
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
chapter 8

IBUKUN'S POV

"mom...I need to..tell you something", I swallowed hard as soon as my mom stopped washing her hands in the sink and faced me squarely.

I was scared as hell with the way she stared at me,, am sure she would not believe a thing I tell her, but I needed to try.

"it's about your husban-"

"dad...You call him dad okay?", she corrected me and I nodded.

'dad', I hated referring to that monster as my dad, he does not deserve to be respected in any way.

my palms got really sweaty and I had a sudden urged to flee her presence.

" So...?" , she urged me to speak, while her face wrinkled with disgust.

" Yes... dad", stammered.

" What about him? "

"he's been hurting me mom".

"how?" she asked. " He ... he comes to my room anytime you are not around to touch me", i replied.

"are you crazy?", she yelled. my mom's eye burned with anger as she walked towards me. " What kind of disgusting thing are you saying...Oh.. So you want to finally ruin my marriage, Abi? Ehn ...talk now".

which marriage sef, i mocked her within me, this man hás no respect for my mom at all.

"m...mom, no! I swear he's been hurting me", I tried to convince her, a sharp sting hit my face as my mom's palm connected with my face.

she lunged at me giving me more slaps, but I was fast enough to guard my face with my hands.

she was really furious, she kept yelling. I stepped backwards which made her attack me again.

I looked up at her, my mom's gaze was dangerous.
she clutched my hair, which made me loose my balance.

What type of a mother beats up her child just because she told you someone is hurting her, I shouldn't have listened to my innermind which pushed me to do this, I knew my mother caredless about me, all she cared about was money and having the title MRS.

my father's death really changed her from the loving woman she used to be. How a woman would be loyal to a man like my step father still amazes me, a man who beats her and cheats. well money will make some women do stupid things.

There are times I just wished my uncle still visits us regularly, he really did care about us. but my mother had stopped him from coming to our place ever since he said something bad about my step father.

she had even warned me to stay far away from my uncle, but with what they dish out to me on a daily basis in this house, my uncle could be my only saving grace.

"stupid child... always bringing about trouble, you think I don't know how you fought in school, "ohh that I kept quiet doesn't mean I don't know things..... You cannot spoil my marriage. not possible", her breathing became irregular. I struggled from her grip and ran into my room.

I jumped on my bed and broke down in tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
more updates this evening.

don't just view, comment.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
chapter 9

ISOKEN'S POV

" So class, you are submitting this assignment next week Monday, and if anyone fails to submit-", I was talking to my students when my phone suddenly rang out loud.

My students just stared at me, they were obviously irritated because I had told them earlier to switch off their phones before the lectures commence.

yaay am the bad teacher.

"Uhm...sorry.."

i hurriedly searched my bag, silenced the phone without bringing it out.

"like i was saying, if anyone decides not to do the assignment it will tell on your resu...lts".

It rang again.

da.mn it!

"Uhm .....and we are done.... I'll see you next week's, I dug my hands into my bag and cut the call again. it was tiring, if my ex boyfriend was not disturbing it would be Mr dideolu.

I tapped on the end call icon and headed out of the classroom, few seconds later a message popped up on the screen; "please I need to see you".

please? so Mr dideolu can beg to see me.

I hissed , pushing the staff room door open, I entered and grabbed my seat.

He wouldn't just take no for an answer, he had been calling me endlessly ever since I payed for the damage of his car. That very day I had walked into his office while his secretary tried to stop me from entering.

I walked in and dropped the money on his office table without saying a word, he was stunned. The look on his face was priceless and I loved it. He taught I was going to crawl back to him and agree to his demands.

Never!

Now, he's been calling, which was so annoying considering the fact that, he was never really nice to me.

I sighed, when my phone started to ring, this time I picked it.

" What do you want?".

"chill, I just want to see you isoken..", his voice was kind, soft, what has changed with this man. but I wasn't pleased still. He made my life a living hell when I still owed him, now am free and I intend to stay far away from him.

"no!".

"come on".

"I do not want to see you, it would do you a lot of good if you just keep off", I yelled into the phone before cutting the call.

DIDEOLU'S POV

This was really a very bad idea, I never taught it through. it had pushed isoken away from me. The last time I saw her was weeks ago, when she came to pay up the car bills.

it was wicked and stupid, asking her to leave the bills in return for sex. she was not even my type of girl. I love slim girls but she's the opposite of what I love.

I should have known it would make her hate me, but I just didn't think it through before throwing it at her face. she wasn't the type of girl to throw her self at a man.

The past few weeks I had called her constantly but she wouldn't pick up, I just wanted to have dinner with her. You know makeup for what I did. Apologies was not my thing, especially to a woman.

As far as I was concerned, apologising to anyone was what weak people do. weak men.

I would rather offer a woman gifts than tell her am sorry.
Maybe a date would change how she saw me, but how do I go on date with a woman who's been avoiding me.

The image of her in her pink gown flashed through my mind, she looked absolutely gorgeous that day, she kept stealing glances which gave me more confidence to spill the trash I told her.

My crazy brain went wild when I saw her exposed laps which she tried to cover. At that moment I just wanted to smash her.

I took the phone on my table and decided to call her, hoping she would pick it up this time, but of course when I rang she dropped it.

I typed a message and sent it to her, almost immediately I dialled her number again when I realised she wasn't going to reply my message.

" What do you want?" , she screamed.

"chill! I just wanted to see you",I spoke calmly. I had to be careful anything could make her angry, after all I needed to do anything to see her.

"no!", she snapped.

"come on"

"I do not want to see you, it would do you a lot of good if you just keep off", she yelled and immediately cut the call.

No woman ever spoke to me that way, I clutched my phoned in my hands and tapped my foot on the ground.

"isoken you are going to be mine whether you like it or not".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
comment! comment!! comment!!!
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
guys, I need to see comments, don't just view it. I need to you to talk about your views on the story. it's important.
Re: Is This For Real? by Olabantu(m): 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
Wow, so you came back without even saying telling us....Well the story is ntin but awesome, hoping to get more awesome and long updates.
Re: Is This For Real? by ashatoda: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
comments? I have only one. More, more, more and more updates. Really so interesting. Let me ask why are some women like Ibukuns mother who will want to protect their marriage to the detriment of their children their future. All it needs is sit down and hear out your daughter. When one boy give d girl belle she go dey shout sey d girl disgrace her. Why didnt she show the girl the much needed love before someone sweet talk her to fall yakata
Re: Is This For Real? by abefe99: 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
please come and update oooo nice one
Re: Is This For Real? by princessadeola(f): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
nice one
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
chapter 10

ISOKEN's POV

ibukun popped her head into the staff room while she hid her body behind the door, I smiled and motioned for her to come in, she took one of the stools at the corner of the staff room as soon as she came in.

" how are you ?".

her eye brow squeezed together, it was obvious she was trying to hide her emotions.

" Am fine ma", nonsense! if she was fine she wouldn't be in the staff room .

she kept curling and straightening her fists while she spoke. I slid my chair to her.

'what was she not telling me', I wondered.

" You are not, ibukun..your eyes are swollen, so please talk ,..what is wrong?".

" My step-dad ... he.. he keeps hurting me.... Ma", her lips trembled as she spoke , a thick vein showed on her forehead looking like it could pop if she cried too much.

"hurting you ? how?..."

"he comes into my room...every... time".

A sudden coldness hit me, now I knew what hurting her meant. Even though I could understand what she was saying, it was just too difficult to process.

"oh my god! .... ibukun..., why haven't you told anyone"

I shut my eyes and blew out what felt like all the oxygen in my lungs before opening them again.

"you cannot tell my mom, miss isoken. she'll be mad at me if she finds out I told someonelse about it", she clutched my hands as the thick sweat on forehead now slid down her face.

" she knows?" I gasped, " I won't tell her", I said when I realised she didn't really wanted me to talk to her mom about it.

wow!

Different thoughts flowed freely in my over active head.

I just had to help this girl, no matter what.
" ibukun, I'll help you out. I promise".......

later in the evening........

As soon as I got home from work, my friend Natasha called to inform me she was coming over. I quickly dropped the food stuffs in the kitchen and head to the bathroom.

Few minutes later I heard a loud knock on my door making rush for it, before the person behind it could knock further..

"babe, how You dey?", Natasha greeted me.

"I Dey oo.. this one you carry load for hand, I taunted her which made her narrow her gaze.

" Am spending the night here and am seriously starving" she walked towards the wall and flicked the light on.

she dropped her bag and jumped on the couch, " this thing needs to be changed oo, she said pressing the couch. I slapped the back of her head playfully making her turn around to growl at me.

This were one of the reason why I loved her, there was never a dull moment with her.

I returned to the kitchen and prepared my favourite meal, eba with ogbono soup.

Natasha beamed at me as she saw me walk out of the kitchen with two plates, she dropped the remote control on the couch and rushed towards me, she took one of the plates from me and settled on the couch.

After we finished our food we both took the plates back to the kitchen.

I stood near the sink while Natasha washed and rinsed the plates .

Everything ibukun had told me earlier today kept running through my mind.

I just needed to help the poor girl, no matter what it'll take. How could someone who was supposed to be a guardian, father figure continously hurt you. A father was supposed to be protector and a provider, not a child molester.

I bit my lips and heaved loudly, my train of thought was interrupted when I felt Natasha nudge me with her elbow.

"why were you frowning?", she asked.

"was I ?", I raised my brows.

" Yes you were.... and don't even pretend like you don't understand me... so what were you thinkin?"........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moon Man / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice / The Seige: A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.