Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,739 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Last Great Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Last Great Day (462 Views)

The Great Day Of The Lord Is Near / The Great Day Of Deliverance / The Preparation For The Great Day Of The Lord(1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Last Great Day by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
I had intended to write about the feasts of this season (the seventh month and beginning of the year 5777), but wasn't in the right frame of mind to do so because of an unfortunate event, much like the one at the beginning of months, seven months back (according to the Jewish calendar), that precluded me from writing about the feasts at that time. The compulsion to write about the feasts at both times were not as strong as the argument not to, seeing that I'd written about them before, and what I could've done would have been to update them with new information, or at most describe my experience in celebrating them. Also, the conditions at both seasons meant that my muse quietly took leave of me till I had had some unburdening of my soul done, which having now done so, appeared to have enabled my thumb to do the necessary swiping over qwerty.

Like the feasts in the first month, my family and I had celebrated and still celebrating those of the seventh month with thanksgiving despite suffering emotional trauma. We understand to thank YAHWEH in all things, as only HE knows what's good for a (wo)man, in his/her life. Hence, from the Feast of Trumpets (Chag Rosh Hashanah), through the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) and now to the Feast of Tabernacles/Shelters/Booths/Harvest/Ingathering (Chag Sukkot), which ended this evening, we have beyond rejoicing and presenting offerings and thanksgiving, presented ourselves as living sacrifices to YAHWEH for the seven days the feast lasted, especially for the males, for whom the importance of this feast (Tabernacles) cannot be overemphasized, seeing as it is one of the three feasts, where they are to present themselves to YAHWEH, not empty handed.

With the Feast of Tabernacles ended, and having ushered in THE LAST GREAT DAY this evening, to run through all day tomorrow, it's imperative that we remind ourselves of the importance of the day as well. Usually, you'd find Jewish literature simply attaching this day to the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles, as the eighth day, which isn't so unscriptural, but I also believe that it has its own peculiarity, which especially in the case where I hadn't written about other feasts this Gregorian Calendar year of 2016, as I've elaborated in years past, it has become trite to accord this day it's own right of place by devoting a full piece to it.

In a way, the feasts of the seventh month (as aforementioned), mirrors YAHWEH's agenda for his creation, with man right in the middle of it. On the other hand, the Feast of Tabernacles highlights YAHWEH's calendar, with the first six days of the seven day feast signifying the six thousand years allocated to mankind, and the seventh for the one thousand years of Yahshua's reign on earth, with the saints who are alive, whose bodies have given off the corruptible for the incorruptible, and the dead in Yahshua who rose on hearing the loud trump that heralded His coming. These will teach the rest who are alive at Yahshua's coming, "the way" for one thousand years, in preparation for THE LAST GREAT DAY!

The Last Great Day, being when YAHWEH brings his tabernacle to dwell amongst men {comprising the righteous who were alive at Yahshua's coming, the dead in Yahshua who rose to the sound of the trumpet, those who were alive at the time of Yahshua's coming and within the one thousand years of His reign, turned from their evil ways, and those from the SECOND RESURRECTION who were judged "..... every man according to their works" (Revelations 20:13)}. John "the revelator" spoke glowingly of that day, of how he hears a great voice out of heaven saying, "Behold, the TABERNACLE of YAHWEH is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and YAHWEH himself shall be with them, and be their Elohim. And HE shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelations 21:3-4). An important verse in the scriptures that encourages us to not lose hope of seeing loved ones who presently are "asleep", to live together in a world forever without sorrows.

In celebrating The Last Great Day therefore, we stoke the flames of such hope, and more as we can also look forward to reestablishing the kind of relationship YAHWEH had with man, like it was with Adam before the fall. How glorious those times and days will be? For now, as with Jewry worldwide, celebrating with wining and dining will be so much in order in observing this great feast, and while at it, not forgetting the less privileged in our midst, seeing as charitable works counts even more before YAHWEH than any work of piety we might be moved to engage our mind to. May YAHWEH bless us all, Amin!

'kovich

PICTURE CREDIT:
- http://www.christianworldviewpress.com

THE LAST GREAT DAY | https://madukovich./2016/10/23/the-last-great-day/

(1) (Reply)

Meeting God In A Hotel / Dealing With Ancestral Curses 2 / Hour Of Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.