Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met (2106 Views)

My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by mickeyboy4: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Gud day Nairalanders, Am a woman in my early 30s,married and pregnant with our first child. Things started going bad for my Husband when the company he consults for suddenly went bankrupt.Since then we have been living from hand to mouth to the extent of even having raising money for my hospital delivery a tall order. The estimated hospital bills is 40k,and we have been working our ass out to raise this money but all efforts proved abortive, so we decided to take it to God in Prayers, believing God for a miracle because am already in Pre-labour.So yesterday i went to church,after the service something minister to me ear that i should share my problems with that woman and tel her your problems.I have never met her before because its a big church.i walked up to her,greeted her and told her i wanted to see her as she was about entering her car and driving out.She then asked me to come into her car,and i did. told her about my predicament and my husband business,she smiled and asked me if i had a bank account and i said yes.she asked for my number and my bank account details and then asked me the estimated hospital bill for my delivery.i told her 40k,she now said ok,that she will do something,and she drove out. 10mins later after i spoke to her ,i got an alert of 100k.,i couldn't believe it,was just like in the movies,since that moment i have been in shocked,though relieved of our pains.
I Quickly try calling her but she didn't pick,then later sent her a text acknowledging the alert and thanking her for the life saving support,and in turn she replied ,giving all the honor to God. But since then ,i felt sending a text alone is not enough to show our gratitude to this God sent of a woman.would have love to visit her with my husband in her house to show our gratitude,but don't even know her house.Please house,advise me on what to do.any better way to appreciate this way,suggestion will be highly entertain .

9 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by babfet(m): 2:17am On Oct 24, 2016
I bless God for what He did in your family now to what you asked for I think you send her text for now telling her you wish for you and your hubby to come say thank you in person but if she says NO don't push the matter forward the reason is for her not to think you are looking for more
also most time when we try to help ourselves it does not work but when God choose to help like He did to your family it makes things very easy so if God want her to help your family the more He will lay I in her mind
Wish you safe delivery In JESUS name

8 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by ezechueze(m): 5:26am On Oct 24, 2016
OK
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by chizzy8: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2016
don't go visit her,...think she'll appreciate it more if u or ur husband can make something useful with that money - the balance after the bills are paid.
then you do her a text thanking her and explaining the progress of what u've done so far.
av a safe delivery

6 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2016
If you find out where she lives, you and your husband shouldn't show up at her house unannounced because you want to thank her. You've thanked her via text but I understand the need for wanting to thank her further and in a better way. Get your hospital bills sorted out. You can thank her again the next time you see her at church but do it quietly because if you make noise, other people will then be flocking to her for money. She called you into her car to speak with you, so she seems like a private person and someone who helps without broadcasting it to the world, which is so rare to find. After you've sorted your hospital bills, do something tangible with the extra money she gave you. When you and your husband are doing better financially, let's say months from now or a year from now, your family can give her a small gift to show your appreciation and again, don't make noise about it. That would be your way of saying you haven't forgotten what she did.

12 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Yieldings:
If you find out where she lives, you and your husband shouldn't show up at her house unannounced because you want to thank her. You've thanked her via text but I definitely understand the need for wanting to thank her further and in a better way. Get your hospital bills sorted out. You can thank her again the next time you see her at church but do it quietly because if you make noise, other people will then be flocking to her for money. She called you into her car to speak with you, so she seems like a private person and someone who helps without broadcasting it to the world, which is so rare to find. After you've sorted your hospital bills, do something tangible with the extra money she gave you. When you and your husband are doing better financially, let's say months from now or a year from now, your family can give her a small gift to show your appreciation and again, don't make noise about it. That would be your way of saying you haven't forgotten what she did.

Good one.

Furthermore, DO NOT ask her for any other financial help. Doing so may look irresponsible. Do not continually thank her to the extant where it becomes an embarrassment. Whenever and wherever you meet her maintain a balance between appreciating her and keeping a little distance.

Place it is also needful to meet her after church service with your husband and no other person to thank her. If you wish to visit her, ask her of her residence say in December and let the visit be as for the season and very brief. Do not become a pest or an irritant to her and hers.

I wish you the best in life. Above all are you really born-again not churchy or prosperity type? If not not it is most important to be born-again and heaven focused.

6 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Laird(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Yieldings:
If you find out where she lives, you and your husband shouldn't show up at her house unannounced because you want to thank her. You've thanked her via text but I definitely understand the need for wanting to thank her further and in a better way. Get your hospital bills sorted out. You can thank her again the next time you see her at church but do it quietly because if you make noise, other people will then be flocking to her for money. She called you into her car to speak with you, so she seems like a private person and someone who helps without broadcasting it to the world, which is so rare to find. After you've sorted your hospital bills, do something tangible with the extra money she gave you. When you and your husband are doing better financially, let's say months from now or a year from now, your family can give her a small gift to show your appreciation and again, don't make noise about it. That would be your way of saying you haven't forgotten what she did.

CLASSICALLY SPOKEN

MAKE GOOD USE OF THE MONEY......BUSINESS, INVESTMENT

NO NAMING CEREMONY CLOTH, NO NAMING CEREMONY FOOD, NO NAMING CEREMONY PARTY, NO NAMING CEREMONY RENTING OF CANOPY

INVEST THE BALANCE OR USE IT FOR BUSINESS

3 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Ranchhoddas: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
People like that usually do not like excess appreciation so I don't think you should allow it to disturb you that much.
Kind woman!!
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by prety86: 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nice one. Leave her for now. U can be sending her happy new month text at the beginning of a new month. After u birth ur baby, tell her u want to come to her house to show her your baby. more blessings to u.
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by ElsonMorali: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
I always like hearing stories like this.

She has acknowledged your gratitude. Frankly there's little to nothing you can do.

Your husband can send his own SMS too. Don't bother her too much. Just never forget the favor she did to you.

One day an opportunity will present itself for you to repay her kindness.

May God bless her and I pray for safe delivery for you.
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by austine4real(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin
WOOOW I KNW THERE ARE STLL GOOD PPLE OUT THERE

AM JEALOUS OF YOU OOO

WSH U SAFE DELIVERY
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
She exhibited an attribute of an altruistic person. Kudos and blessings to her and all she holds dear.

Now, to you the beneficiary, I wish you all the best too. Meanwhile, kindly don't take the route of petty people. A typical petty person in your situation would try to capitalize on the benefactor's kindness and become a leech towards her and her household - all in the name of trying to show appreciation and create familiarity.

Without knowing your benefactor, I know that asides her been an altruistic person, she's also self-effacing - so don't go exposing her to the world of hypocrites and sycophants - she doesn't need publicity, believe you me.

Leave things as they are now. Don't stalks her with needless calls. And don't go meeting her with your husband without tactically getting her consent first.

5 Likes

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by mizzochocinco: 6:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Give your testimony in church and simply text her after you have a safe delivery and thank her once more. She may have her reasons for not wanting to pick your calls.
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Winneygirl(f): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2016
When I help someone, and the person comes back to do some excessive thank you thingzz, I feel embarrassed.
When your baby is born, if you come across her in church, show her the baby and thank her again.
Then move on.
Live a quiet life.
No loud ceremony or spending money that is not enough.
...and no daily calls, or texts or husbands texts...
...no happy new month messages every month either.
...I don't know anything about testimony in church.
Can't someone just help someone and live in peace afterwards?

1 Like

Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2016
You came when she was in the position to help and she helped.
You asked for 40K she gave you 100K because she knows that before and after the hospital bills there are bills too
The thank you sms is enough sign of appreciation from you. She knows what the call is about (madam thank you so much and blah)
If you must give testimony in the church, I suggest you don't give any information that will give her away...
"praise God, I was so broke and needed money for hospital bills, I walked into a random woman and excused her, told her my situation and the amount for the hospital bill, immediately she asked for my account number gave me her phone number and left, a few hours later I got an alert of more than X2 what I needed for the bills... People of God help me bless God for my life and the angel God sent to me"
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by chigoizie7(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
Call her again. To thank her and ask if I can come with ur husband.

If she insists, then on one of the Sunday's, announce for a testimony and use the opportunity to thank her
Re: How A Woman I Barely Know Gave Me 100k Same Day We Met by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 28, 2016
favoured234:

You came when she was in the position to help and she helped.
You asked for 40K she gave you 100K because she knows that before and after the hospital bills there are bills too
The thank you sms is enough sign of appreciation from you. She knows what the call is about (madam thank you so much and blah)
If you must give testimony in the church, I suggest you don't give any information that will give her away...
"praise God, I was so broke and needed money for hospital bills, I walked into a random woman and excused her, told her my situation and the amount for the hospital bill, immediately she asked for my account number gave me her phone number and left, a few hours later I got an alert of more than X2 what I needed for the bills... People of God help me bless God for my life and the angel God sent to me"

Chikina! @OP, take this advice 'Hook, line & sinker'

(1) (Reply)

5 Common Kitchen Layout & Shapes / How Do I Resolve This Situation With My Girlfriend / How A Nairalander Came To The Rescue Of A Private School Teacher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.