Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words (2255 Views)

13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / See App That Will Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Hi guys
My name is Liz, and I am the founder of Lizzie's Creations.
A company focused on creating fun entertainment for kids with African culture and languages.
We recently created an interactive mobile app for kids aged 1-3 which teaches them their first words.
It's titled "Teseem -First Words" and is available on Google Play for Android.
But we also realized kids are growing up not knowing native Nigerian Languages and so in "Teseem -First Words" kids can also learn these words in Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. (for now)

It's the base product and we are working in improvements. It's totally free and has no in app purchases.
Please suggestions on improvements are very very welcome
Meanwhile you can get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LizziesCreations.TeseemFirstWords

I'll be happy to hear your opinions and can share more details if needed

* mods, if you would be so kind, i would appreciate if this could be featured so we can get feedback

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks
and do let us know
We only have 3 categories at the moment but are already working on several more
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice one,keep it up. Unfortunately. I never marry
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2016
Nice one,keep it up. Unfortunately. I never marry embarassed
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by sisisioge: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Hello Lizzie, will you think of creating an app that teaches adults languages too? For instance, I would really love to get my hands on an interactive audio Hausa teaching lang app. Or audio Hausa language tape.

Let me know...good job.
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Dyt(f): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2016
Will definitely check it out

Onegai
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by okirewaju(f): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lemme download

Brb
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Onegai(f): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lizzies, I'm so happy about this and I'm going to mention this to everyone I meet until it gets to someone who can help you push it more in the limelight. Currently you don't support my indigenous languages but I'm looking forward to the day you do smiley

and yes, I'm going to say this: Seun, Lalasticlala, mods, please move this to the frontpage.
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Dyt(f): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
Onegai:
Currently you don't support my indigenous languages

Abeg winch language is that?

And Seun and Co might not do that cos it's a form of advert
undecided undecided
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Onegai(f): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dyt:

Abeg winch language is that?

And Seun and Co might not do that cos it's a form of advert
undecided undecided

Deltan languages. He should, it's a Nigerian product and it's free (I'm sure it has adverts in it so the OP is gettong paid still), OP discuss with Seun and see what you can do to generate buzz together.
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Dyt(f): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
Onegai:

Deltan languages. He should, it's a Nigerian product and it's free (I'm sure it has adverts in it so the OP is gettong paid still), OP discuss with Seun and see what you can do to generate buzz together.

Seun is an ijebu stingy man
He wants to be paid for everything

Seun osewa
I lie?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Onegai(f): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dyt:

Seun osewa
I lie?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oga seun, try and negotiate something with the app makers for cut of future profits (get a lawyer, have a contract written out). Then push the product well.

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Coldfeet(f): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wonderful
Having difficulty downloading the app dunno if it's a network thing? My kids speak and understand our language(Igbo) Would be happy if they can learn the Hausa and Yoruba language thru this app.

Please try add the urhobo and isoko language in the near future! Both are facing serious extinction. Weldone.

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dyt:

Seun osewa
I lie?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol
We no dey ooooooo
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
Onegai:
Lizzies, I'm so happy about this and I'm going to mention this to everyone I meet until it gets to someone who can help you push it more in the limelight. Currently you don't support my indigenous languages but I'm looking forward to the day you do smiley

and yes, I'm going to say this: Seun, Lalasticlala, mods, please move this to the frontpage.

Thanks for the lovely comments dear, it's step-by-step, we are looking at the reception for this before we decide if it's something people really want and then we can add more features...
We already have a lot planned....and are getting valuable feedback from awesome people like you...
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Onegai:

No adverts oooo, we aren't in support of adverts in kids apps, especially for very young kids as this one is targeted, they'll just be clicking without knowing and throwing tantrums when they see ads...

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Coldfeet:
Wonderful
Having difficulty downloading the app dunno if it's a network thing? My kids speak and understand our language(Igbo) Would be happy if they can learn the Hausa and Yoruba language thru this app.

Please try add the urhobo and isoko language in the near future! Both are facing serious extinction. Weldone.

Thanks for the lovely comments.
It's probably network, maybe you can try again when it's a bit more stable

noted @ Urhobo and Isoko...we'll definitely look into it....Thanks again smiley
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
egedem:
Nice one,keep it up. Unfortunately. I never marry embarassed
grin grin grin grin i declare that your Wife is coming
Besides having kids is not always by marrying grin

if you have nephews,nieces or neighbors in that age range, you can show it to them
Thanks
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Dyt(f): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lizzies:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol
We no dey ooooooo

What else can he do?
Ban me?
After then?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Acheron: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nice one Lizzies.
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
thank you very much. please dont forget to review wink
Acheron:
Nice one Lizzies.

@everyone else, please dont forget to review as well. Thank you all so much
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by ifyalways(f): 2:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Nice, nice Lizzie.

I'll review when I check out the app
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 7:19am On Oct 25, 2016
ifyalways:
Nice, nice Lizzie.

I'll review when I check out the app
Thanks I look forward to it
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by cococandy(f): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2016
This is commendable Ms. Lizzies.
Is it available for iPhone?

I want my daughter to learn igbo.
this would be so helpful.

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by cococandy(f): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
Lizzies:

No adverts oooo, we aren't in support of adverts in kids apps, especially for very young kids as this one is targeted, they'll just be clicking without knowing and throwing tantrums when they see ads...
So how will you make money From it if it's free with no ads?

I don't mind buying it if you want to sell it. Just talk to your partners and see if you can make it available for iPhone pls. Thank you kiss
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by hoodboy(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Onegai:

Oga seun, try and negotiate something with the app makers for cut of future profits (get a lawyer, have a contract written out). Then push the product well.

just to put it on frontage, they should give seun 'future profits'? for wetin na, but cleavages and snakes are on speed dial to front page...Una weldone
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2016
cococandy:
This is commendable Ms. Lizzies.
Is it available for iPhone?

I want my daughter to learn igbo.
this would be so helpful.

Hi CocoCandy
Thanks for the comments
We are already working on an iphone port and should have it ready in a few weeks.
You can watch here for updates
or better yet, you Could you email us, info@lizziescreations.com so we can have your email and forward a message when once we have a solid date
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by joywendy(f): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Thank Goodness!! I can learn from this app! grin
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Coldfeet(f): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Phew! Finally downloaded it.

I went thru it first and I realised I didn't know my Igbo as well as I thought embarassed grin.

Especially colours in Igbo thanks for that.

It is quite a large file for that handful of words and animation+ audio but I'd say thumbs up all the same.

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2016
Coldfeet:
Phew! Finally downloaded it.

I went thru it first and I realised I didn't know my Igbo as well as I thought embarassed grin.

Especially colours in Igbo thanks for that.

It is quite a large file for that handful of words and animation+ audio but I'd say thumbs up all the same.

thanks Coldfeet...
The 39MB file size is because it's actually 4 languages (especially the voiceovers) ... So perhaps the app would have been about 20 MB with just English but when every word/sentence has to be "quaduplated" grin , it builds up
None the less we are looking into how we can reduce the size without dropping quality...
Really appreciate the feedback and any others you may have, Don't forget to review kiss

1 Like

Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by Lizzies: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2016
joywendy:
Thank Goodness!! I can learn from this app! grin
lol
Good to know
Re: We Created This App (Teseem) To Teach Kids English,hausa,yoruba And Igbo Words by cococandy(f): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lizzies:

Hi CocoCandy
Thanks for the comments
We are already working on an iphone port and should have it ready in a few weeks.
You can watch here for updates
or better yet, you Could you email us, info@lizziescreations.com so we can have your email and forward a message when once we have a solid date
cool. I'll watch out here

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful Female Name You Know. / How I Turned This Fuel Scarcity Problem To My Advantage. / A slap must be returned, Wife, Gf Or Not. I Have Done It Before (personal Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.