Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone (6288 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ok, so for those of you (us) who are so madly in love with (y)our BB phones and can't bear the tot of parting with them cos of the impending non-whatsapp support, this is for you (us).

Here is hoping this little tutorial, which I have tried to the best of my ability to make as concise and precise as possible, would come in handy...sorry this would only work if you are using a BB10 phone.

Here we go:
What you need:
• A laptop or PC
• Internet connection (which you already have if you are reading this)
• Some utilities to work on your phone (all included in the provided link)

Utilities and their functions/uses are listed below:
Blackberry USB Drivers (to enable your laptop communicate with your phone: you need this if you don't have the blackberry link software installed on your system, if you have blackberry link, no need to download this)

Sachesi: a utility that allows you sideload applications (usually .bar files (which is how native blackberry apps are encoded) to your phone

Android version of whatsapp (whatsapp.apk file)

Waafixer (renamed as patch): a patch utility which enables the android version of whatsapp to adequately have the necessary privilege to your media library so you can send audio, videos, and photos...without this little utility, you'll never be able to send videos/photos or whatever using the android version of whatsapp on your beloved blackberry.

Team viewer: this enables remote desktop connection...not really needed if you follow all the underlying steps and procedures, but I have included it nevertheless for those that might find this tutorial too technical and would require that I help out. So instead of looking for me, my office, home address or favorite hangout, with this nifty utility, I can connect to your laptop (with your permission) and work on your phone for you...

Getting Started:
Hit up the link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4ukleWqw-VRVB0RXZUUDhHQUU

This would direct you to one of my google drives, where I have put up the necessary files needed, arranged into the following folders/group:

• Linux
• Windows
• Mac OSX
• Whatsaapp

Explanation of the folders/groups
Each folder (apart from the whatsapp folder) corresponds (as you can readily guess) to a desktop OS flavor. Download the OS flavor you have running on your laptop/PC, also download the Whatsapp folder (contains the whatsapp apk file and the patch for whatsapp).

If you do not have blackberry link on your laptop/PC, install the Blackberry USB Drivers, once done, reboot your system if prompted to do so.
After the reboot, install Sachesi...actually doesn't particularly require installation...just unzip it and you can launch Sachesi from there...

Now, once Sachesi is in place, connect your phone (if you have link installed on your phone and configured to auto-launch when it detects a phone is connected, please close it[b] BEFORE[/b] you launch Sachesi) launch Sachesi, enter your phone password if your phone has one. Once connected, it'll take you straight to the INSTALL tab, click on Install files (see pix attached), navigate to the whatsapp folder you downloaded, and select the patch file, click ok and let Sachesi do its thing (do not disconnect your phone).

Once Sachesi is done, copy the whatsapp apk file to your phone, disconnect your phone and open the apk file from your phone, and install it (if prompted to enable installation from outside sources, go ahead and enable it). Once whatsapp is installed, DO NOT OPEN IT! Close the apk installer then launch the WAAFixer which you installed via Sachesi (it'll be on your phone now, and yes, that's the name: WAAFixer. Grant it all permission it is requesting, then you can start using your whatsapp!

FAQ
I have launched Sachesi, and supplied my password, but Sachesi won't connect to my phone, its saying can't connect try again...
Make sure both blackberry link and blackberry blend are not running on your system, also, disable blackberry blend from your phone (swipe down from top of the screen and tap on blend to disable it if its enabled)

I still can't send pictures from whatsapp, but I can recieve and I have installed the waafixer as instructed
After installing the waafixer, did you grant all permision? Did you open whatsapp before launching the waafixer? if yes, uninstall whatsapp and repeat the process, making sure you only open and cofigure whatsapp AFTER you've initialized the the waafixer

Ok, I've tried to follow all the instructions, but this is too technical for me
Launch the teamviewer app and send me your teamviewr ID and password on whatsapp and I'll try to sort you out

I have a question that is not inlcuded in this FAQ
Contact me via whatsapp

This tutorial is pretty comprehensive and I just feel like saying thank you with a little token
Contact me on whatsapp for my bitcoin address... cheesy

Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by nitt: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
God bless man.
#stillBB10
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by nitt: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by nitt: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
nitt:
God bless man.

#stillBB10
Yes O! BB10 for lIfE...you are welcome dude...anytime
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
All dis process cuz of whatsapp.... Tooh

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by hakinze00(m): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lol u re already making antidotes before sickness comes,well until when d due dates come nd it still work b4 I take ur word for it,for all I knw it is still working due to d fact dat it is still under whatsapp list of supported devices
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
hakinze00:
Lol u re already making antidotes before sickness come,well until when d due dates come nd it still work b4 I take ur word for it,for all I knw it is still working due to d fact dat it is still under whatsapp list of supported devices

Whatsapp for blackberry still works, yes because the date is not yet due...true. But you get prompted now and again...if you use the ANDROID version of whatsapp, you don't get prompted or reminded to switch to a supported phone. But hey! whatever works for you and helps you sleep at night.
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sharming95:
All dis process cuz of whatsapp.... Tooh
What you care about, you would work for.
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by hakinze00(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
bdavis:

Whatsapp for blackberry still works, yes because the date is not yet due...true. But you get prompted now and again...if you use the ANDROID version of whatsapp, you don't get prompted or reminded to switch to a supported phone. But hey! whatever works for you and helps you sleep at night.
well I don't get reminded regularly on my bb10 infact only when I go to my options b4 I can see the due date gan sf
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by fotadmowmend(m): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nice fix
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2016
fotadmowmend:
Nice fix

Thanks...glad you appreciate it
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by OjayDavido(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2016
God bless Bro will it work for blackberry bold 6?
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 1:58am On Nov 14, 2016
OjayDavido:
God bless Bro will it work for blackberry bold 6?

Thanks bro, but unfortunately, no. Bold 6, not supported.
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by J4parry(m): 1:32am On Dec 07, 2016
May God reward you reachly I struggled with this problem for so long but now am breathing , sigh of relief.
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
J4parry:
May God reward you reachly I struggled with this problem for so long but now am breathing , sigh of relief.

I'm glad it came in handy. And I say amen.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by dojot(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2016
b Davis please can also post screen shots of the above process
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2016
dojot:
b Davis please can also post screen shots of the above process

Ok, would try...coming soon
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by ojikutu65(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
i dnt hv ur no for watsapp, 08071884144 abeg message me
i need to find alternative to my wasapp too.
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
funny people simple as ABC. Whatsapp won't work offer 31 Dec no matter what. Do you think they dont know that people will install android whatsapp. Hmm. That whatsapp doesn't support some things such as sending files. And I doubt they will support latest video calling. Even if it does. They could have specified that the Android whatsapp will still be working for them. Simple. After 31 Dec if u use whatsapp on bb10 whatsapp server will detect it and block you
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
ojikutu65:
i dnt hv ur no for watsapp, 08071884144 abeg message me
i need to find alternative to my wasapp too.

It's on my signature...
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by bdavis: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
CHESTER48:
funny people simple as ABC. Whatsapp won't work offer 31 Dec no matter what. Do you think they dont know that people will install android whatsapp. Hmm. That whatsapp doesn't support some things such as sending files. And I doubt they will support latest video calling. Even if it does. They could have specified that the Android whatsapp will still be working for them. Simple. After 31 Dec if u use whatsapp on bb10 whatsapp server will detect it and block you

Simple as ABC, it has been extended till June. And before you hit the keyboard, posting what you think you know, why don't you verify first? If done according to the instructions, it would send files. Video calling is a recently introduced feature, so yes for now, probably might not work. I am yet to find the time to look into it.

Really? Whatsapp server would detect and block? And you got this from where? Doing an internship with whatsapp?
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
bdavis:

Simple as ABC, it has been extended till June. And before you hit the keyboard, posting what you think you know, why don't you verify first? If done according to the instructions, it would send files. Video calling is a recently introduced feature, so yes for now, probably might not work. I am yet to find the time to look into it.

Really? Whatsapp server would detect and block? And you got this from where? Doing an internship with whatsapp?

oga nobody is fighting you. You're using a bb10 device no problem nah. Keep using it untill deadline and let see. For ur info. Because u use bb10 I don't expect you to know of moded whatsapp if you do then you get familiar how whatsapp servers detects and blocks whatsapp . by Dec 2016 it will stop keep giving yourself hope of extension.Bye
Re: Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone by enterthewall: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
CHESTER48:

oga nobody is fighting you. You're using a bb10 device no problem nah. Keep using it untill deadline and let see. For ur info. Because u use bb10 I don't expect you to know of moded whatsapp if you do then you get familiar how whatsapp servers detects and blocks whatsapp . by Dec 2016 it will stop keep giving yourself hope of extension.Bye

Amazes me how people talk out of ignorance. The OP was and is right. Mr. Chester48, you are WRONG I am using a Q10, I have not followed the OP's instruction except to update my whatsapp from blackberry world and it is still working and we are in 2017 or have you not noticed the date?

(1) (Reply)

9mobile Introduce Cheap New Data Plans For Android, Iphone & PC (september 2017) / 24ct Gold Blackberry Porsche P'9981 / Challenges Of Nigeria Mobile Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.