Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Online Forex Trading - My Experience - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Online Forex Trading - My Experience (1287 Views)

Personal Achievements On Online Forex Trading Part 3 / Free Online Forex Training And Winning Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Forex Trading - My Experience by tjay01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good day guys, I will like to share my forex trading experience with you for the sake of those who intend going into it or similar ventures.

Online Forex Trading involves the buying and selling of foreign currencies via a trading platform offered by a Broker. Forex trading is a highly risk business and it is possible that one losses/multiplies his capital within a very short period of time.

While some people tend to think of it as gambling, I strongly disagree because unlike gambling where it is either a win/lose situation,in Forex you can place wrong trades yet still make profit in the long run.

I started trading Forex in 2010 by accident. Though I was trained the previous year, I was too scared to invest my money in it. A friend who needed some clarification logged into his live account on my pc and we agreed that Ill place some trades on his behalf.

Fortunately I was able to turn his 200 USD account into 1000 USD within 2 months. I got so excited and felt I had discovered a means to financial empowerment. I was able to make profit the 2nd time after splitting the profit we made initially but the 3rd time, I made losses but my friend decided to stop.

Later I introduced 3 persons who invested 500 USD each and I was able to turn each of the accounts to an average of 2000 USD in the 2nd month. Subsequently, they made withdrawals but begged me to wait till I make the next withdrawal cos they had pressing financial challenges. Eventually, I lost the capital and simply walked away.

Since then, I decided to invest my own funds so that I can keep the profit to myself not realising it was the beginning of my downfall. Occasionally, I made profit but ended up losing it again.

I gave up in 2012 when I lost so much and did not have a job or any money to invest again. But fast forward to 2013, I got a good paying job and the recovering my lost funds came to mind. I felt if i could invest a large sum, then the chances of making profit are higher.

I did extensive research and reinvested in it. I became glad when I made profits in sucession and I thought that the long awaited dream of becoming to multi millionaire is now a reality. But that wasnt to be as no sooner I made profit, I started making losses but that did not deter me.

I tried to rationalise it and said to myself" I was a little greedy by using a high lot and I will practise money management techniques next time ". On some occasions, I made significant profits (300k, 700k, 400k) while I made losses most of the time.

Mid 2016, I lost my job a month after I had a child and I resorted to Forex again. Sometime in July, I made up 2M in 4 weeks with a 500k investment and felt on top of the world. I bought a brand new laptop, paid some bills and debts and withdrew some. I reinvested 500k but ended up losing cos I felt too confident. I invested the profit I made but ended up losing again cos I was too eager to gain back what I lost. I weeped uncontrollably.

I didnt have any money to invest again so I resorted to selling my property (u can check my previous posts). My plan was to regain what I lost and stop it completely so I sold some items and invested it again. I ended up losing everything and my life became miserable. I was also indebted to a friend, and even contemplated suicide but something held me down.

Now, I have given up it and I hope to start a job soon. I know God will restore me I feel I should share this so someone under similar circumstances can learn.

Worthy points to note:

There is no short cut to success. Success comes when opportunity meets with preparation. Most times the easy way is not the most effective way.

In business, sometimes you gain some and lose some. Its better to accept this fact and move on instead of trying to recover all your losses cos you might end up incuring more losses.

Never sell your property to invest in a business you're not certain off. Chances are high that you will end up losing it.

Try to discover your God given talent and work on it. Have a right attitude and always remember to pray.

God answereth prayers.

Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

Re: Online Forex Trading - My Experience by Obinnau(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sorry man, I am better off than you because you lost more than me, but I am worse off because I lost what I couldnt withstand then. I traded binary, lost my school fees and house rent. After the initial gains, the loss started flooding in, I will be glued to my tab monitoring trends and the next thing is a redgrin It wasn't Holy Spirit that told me to delete and uninstall the app. I quit totally only for them to place a call to my phone a month back and start sweet talking me to invest again. I told them no firmly and that's it. Then came bitcoin craze, I invested 50 dollars in one stupid site like that, went to sleep woke up and site has disappeared off the face of the world wide webgrin again it was my school fees, Lolz how mad can I get? To all those youths looking for get rich quick avenues, in the end they don't pay you eventually end up losing, massively. In the end it all comes down to greed, I was looking for avenue to support myself in school, but I burned my hand in the process. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Online Forex Trading - My Experience by tjay01(m): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Tanx bro

(1) (Reply)

Newly Launched Money Scheme / E-HELPERS Another PONZI SCHEME, That Is On Fire / Paga Agent (Retailer) Needed !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.