Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (40564 Views)

Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by mysticgal(f): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Emmysteve:
Even your English is wack. No offense.
Right?
Grammarian cheesy
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by AlphaT1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Lol true tho. To get good work these days na connection o.
Yea..quite true..but sometimes they pick one or two persons with technical competence n qualification.. And then fill up 99% with the man-know-who candidates. I normally advise candidates to always put in their best at interviews-You might jst be that lucky 0.1% person with what they need but lacking a godfather.

3 Likes

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by Kakamorufu(m): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
just marking for future download
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by buffalowings: 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
OK I'm not even ashamed

I know some cool well connected guys are here on NL

Forget about my political affiliations

I don't care if you support buhari or not

I'm looking at you sarrki hungerbad and modath

Let me all have your contacts pls
I'll be done with my service next year

Helep meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by tosyne2much(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

You no know pass woman. Hian!
No vex baba... I know say u sef like woman cheesy

1 Like

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by d4guy: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
This one no get strong connection sef, those way get no dey go interview, it's just a call and dey will resume on Monday.

2 Likes

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by Spectre007: 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lolz,i dey hail oo,bt did the man know that you weren't an electrician bt a computer Scientist?
prinsam30:
I once got a contract from a friend of my father to wire a 25 storey building as electrician Buh I was a computer scientist, I took the job, called some of my electrician friends and the job was done.

and at the end I was the boss, because any time there was a job like that they don't call my friends who are certified electrician Buh they halla on me.

bros na levels and correct packaging
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by FellaL: 1:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Omo! no leg for people like me o. Omo! what is the way?
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by vislabraye(m): 4:36am On Oct 25, 2016
freemanbubble:
thats true. especially in Nigeria!
getting a job in 9ja depends on who you know.
remebered when i got a job at uniben.
my uncle who is not a uniben staff just called me one evening to ask if i would like to work at uniben. i said yes( for my mind i think say na joke but i just say yes incase for family meeting make he nor begin tell my daddy say me refuse he offer)
to my greatest surprise i received a call from one muslim woman that i should come for interview and i should say to them i was sent by ogas wife if they ask me. week later after interview i received a test saying you should come to senior staff registry to collect your appointment letter. o boy na so i begin start work o. do all my medical clearance.

Interesting. Job as a lecturer or what ?
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 25, 2016
tnature:
Unfortunately, landing a job isn't always about your qualifications or how well you do at the job interview. Comedy skit starring Segun Pryme and DJ Woske.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy1goIZMk-k

Interviewer: "We're looking for accountants"

Applicant: "I'm accountable, Sir"

That was priceless!

2 Likes

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by chuose2: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2016
salis123:
the illiterate president has defeated Boko Haram, is wiping out corruption in our judiciary, no ghosts workers at federal level, the price of petroleum product is fix all the nation and he has prove 2 Nigerian that Stealing is now corruption

he is going after those who stand in his way.

Before Buhari became president, did we hear of fulani herdsmen in the south?

he got and as far as my state has had Boko haram insurgents as Fulani Herdsmen

1 Like

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by midehi2(f): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
Even to date some ladies, you need to know somebody that will connect you to her cheesy
what! grin
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by hefelove(m): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2016
Welcome To Connection Nigeria

Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2016
salis123:
the illiterate president has defeated Boko Haram, is wiping out corruption in our judiciary, no ghosts workers at federal level, the price of petroleum product is fix all the nation and he has prove 2 Nigerian that Stealing is now corruption

Corruption is stealing but not all stealing is corruption, it is as simple as that.
Examples:
A thief comes into your home and takes your diamond, that is stealing, only.
Part of the money meant for lagos is given to Tinubu, that is corruption and also stealing from the people.
People are arrested for corruption yet no conviction, it is corruption(yes, it is).
You park your car at ikeja mall and when you come back you don't find it, it is stealing not corruption.
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by tosyne2much(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2016
midehi2:

what! grin
I wish knew somebody that knows you so that he can connect me to you and I will woo you cheesy
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by midehi2(f): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
I wish knew somebody that knows you so that he can connect me to you and I will woo you cheesy
oya contact wristbangle cheesy
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by tosyne2much(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
midehi2:

oya contact wristbangle cheesy
Egbon doesn't know how to woo tongue
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by midehi2(f): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
Egbon doesn't know how to woo tongue
he is a first class wooer sef grin
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by winj3: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2016
I know a guy like that, he is called Muhammadu Buhari

He belongs in the "Kitchen" but he is president of Nigeria!
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by bolaji73(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2016
ifaith944:
Man know man arrangements... Hahaha
link to your nairaland testimony thread.
Any Nairalander who has done business with this guy before?
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2016
Wrong brother. In Nigeria, you don't have to start from the bottom. It's only in the military and paramilitary it's not possible, but every other organisation, public and private, it happens every day. Civil service, banks, manufacturing companies, you name it.
blackberlin:
Lol. . . nice. I found it funny in an extremely sarcastic and overplayed manner. I wanted to say: no matter the connection, you'd have to start from the bottom like everyone else even if you get the job... but then I remembered how Tompolo got the NIMASA contract just like that and I realized. . . it's actually possible in this naija. grin
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by brightology3: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2016
salis123:
you must be a mad man from the pit of hell.no offense
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by prinsam30: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Spectre007:
Lolz,i dey hail oo,bt did the man know that you weren't an electrician bt a computer Scientist?

yeah of course, he knows, I had to tell him I read Elect-Elect too
Re: When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections by KennyAyodeji(f): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
freemanbubble:
thats true. especially in Nigeria!
getting a job in 9ja depends on who you know.
remebered when i got a job at uniben.
my uncle who is not a uniben staff just called me one evening to ask if i would like to work at uniben. i said yes( for my mind i think say na joke but i just say yes incase for family meeting make he nor begin tell my daddy say me refuse he offer)
to my greatest surprise i received a call from one muslim woman that i should come for interview and i should say to them i was sent by ogas wife if they ask me. week later after interview i received a test saying you should come to senior staff registry to collect your appointment letter. o boy na so i begin start work o. do all my medical clearance.

Please, help a soul too Sir. I reside in Benin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Job Interview Experience Today / These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview / Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.