Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809291 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chandeliers: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
donpata:

so I shld go through over 90pages of posts? I searched the latest pages and found nothing that's y I asked.
I'll advise you start from page 85... you'll get valid info
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ChinCho: 12:43am On Jun 23, 2017
Roy11:
abeg who never get AC date like me............?make I sabi people wey we dey together.

With you sir

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2017
Quick tip: Please download the taxify app it would make your trips cheaper rather than using random cabs. Also the Mtn Data service at the airport is poor. So make provision for using another network to order a cab. Glo provides WiFi at the airport the cheapest data they can offer is N200 about 500MB. Taxify charged me N1250 which considering the distance I don't think I could get better. There is this hotel called Emota Paradise Hotel at Olufemi Samson Street, Ilesamaja, the Standard rooms are N5000 and it isn't far from the venue, though I don't think it's a trekking distance. There is Vintage Suites too on Ojuelegba Suruelere 15 Akinhanmi street the Standard rooms go for N7500. The bus park at Jibowu is also around these area so is First Academy.
Good luck to all writing today myself included.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2017
Roy11:
abeg who never get AC date like me............?make I sabi people wey we dey together.

So long as you got the first mail that said you shouldn't panic, your AC invite will surely come.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Quick tip: Please download the taxify app it would make your trips cheaper rather than using random cabs. Also the Mtn Data service at the airport is poor. So make provision for using another network to order a cab. Glo provides WiFi at the airport the cheapest data they can offer is N200 about 500MB. Taxify charged me N1250 which considering the distance I don't think I could get better. There is this hotel called Emota Paradise Hotel at Olufemi Samson Street, Ilesamaja, the Standard rooms are N5000 and it isn't far from the venue, though I don't think it's a trekking distance. There is Vintage Suites too on Ojuelegba Suruelere 15 Akinhanmi street the Standard rooms go for N7500. The bus park at Jibowu is also around these area so is First Academy.

Thanks for your update bro, between uber and taxify which is cheaper? ...goodluck on your AC
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2017
jmanity:

Thanks for your update bro, between uber and taxify which is cheaper? ...goodluck on your AC
Personally I feel Taxify is way cheaper. Thanks for the wish.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by tobiety: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2017
uber is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper... they've crashed their rates... i had to compare them some days back to be sure

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Thanks for the heads up. Please can we get directions on how to get to the hotel location if someone enters Lagos newly via road and not airport, what route do we follow to get to any of these hotels? And please if you have contact details of any of these hotels it would still be well appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by CuteMorriz: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2017
I reschedule o, that date wey them fix for me no pure!!! Dem send me mail say them go consider me! But later in the day (yesterday) them call me to say they can't guarantee my rescheduling.... undecided...I tell them say make them let me know if them no go fit....kaka22, how far...? How NSE?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
cloud9usher:

Thanks for the heads up. Please can we get directions on how to get to the hotel location if someone enters Lagos newly via road and not airport, what route do we follow to get to any of these hotels? And please if you have contact details of any of these hotels it would still be well appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Hey future colleague. I arrived Lagos this morning from PH via Ezenwata. Right now, I'm in Rex hotel, 43 Comer Street, Orile. The distance to First Academy is five minutes or less on bike. A room without A/C ranges from 3000 to 5000. A room with A/C ranges from 4000 to ... depending on the size.

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Asiri1991:
Hey future colleague. I arrived Lagos this morning from PH via Ezenwata. Right now, I'm in Rex hotel, 43 Comer Street, Orile. The distance to First Academy is five minutes or less on bike. A room without A/C ranges from 3000 to 5000. A room with A/C ranges from 4000 to ... depending on the size.

You are far too kind, thanks a lot. But please pardon my being a little bit confused here, is "Ezenwata" a park in Lagos or a transport company? And please give me a description of your route from the park you dropped at Lagos to how you arrived at Rex hotel at Orile, that would help a lot. I would be coming from Uyo. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
cloud9usher:

You are far too kind, thanks a lot. But please pardon my being a little bit confused here, is "Ezenwata" a park in Lagos or a transport company? And please give me a description of your route from the park you dropped at Lagos to how you arrived at Rex hotel at Orile, that would help a lot. I would be coming from Uyo. Thanks a lot.
Ezenwata is a transport company in Lagos that has his park (just like many others) in Maza Maza. DIRECTION: Board a bus at Maza Maza bus stop to Orile. It's hundred (#100) Naira. Stop at Orile bus stop and ask any bike man to take you to Rex Hotel at 43 Coker Street. This may cost additional #100 or #50 depending on the person. Remember: you can go to First Academy first in order to be certain that you are not misled. Orile bus stop to First is #100. I hope this will help you.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by RAY12345(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Roy11:

Bros, them say we should chillax. Hopefully, we'll get ours soon. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Asiri1991:
Ezenwata is a transport company in Lagos that has his park (just like many others) in Maza Maza. DIRECTION: Board a bus at Maza Maza bus stop to Orile. It's hundred (#100) Naira. Stop at Orile bus stop and ask any bike man to take you to Rex Hotel at 43 Coker Street. This may cost additional #100 or #50 depending on the person. Remember: you can go to First Academy first in order to be certain that you are not misled. Orile bus stop to First is #100. I hope this will help you.

Thanks a lot for the valuable information.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
Just finished few minutes ago, thought to update the house. Quite a long process the tasks has been fully covered already, but if there is anything anyone needs with clarification just shoot it across me here.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
cloud9usher:

From what Asiri posted, seems rex hotel is cheaper and near, it's advisable to use that.
Statistics as given by head of talent.
120,000 applied
20,000 shortlisted
2500 made the cut.
Congratulations for coming thus far.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by michaelismenten: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Just finished few minutes ago, thought to update the house. Quite a long process the tasks has been fully covered already, but if there is anything anyone needs with clarification just shoot it across me here.

Having mine on Monday, what were the various assessment steps u guys took?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
Jarushub is a good platform for preparation for this accessment center,for you guys having yours next week,u could try them on Thursday prior to your date,their coaching helped me today in my assessment center.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
michaelismenten:

Having mine on Monday, what were the various assessment steps u guys took?
Those already mentioned here . Different people do different things at different times
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fayte: 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
Please, is the topic for the group discussion banking related? I am not saying tell me the exact question, just want to know the field it's from. Don't bite,please. grin grin grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
@andergirl could you please give a description of the cade scenario; the one used for group discussion and eventually PowerPoint presentation.

You don't have to tell it all
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nchabuomo:

From what Asiri posted, seems rex hotel is cheaper and near, it's advisable to use that.
Statistics as given by head of talent.
120,000 applied
20,000 shortlisted
2500 made the cut.
Congratulations for coming thus far.
if a whole 2500 made the cut, how many are they hiring? It's well.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
philvirus:

If 2500 made the cut which represents 12.5% of the shortlisted candidates then I presume they would pick 10-12% of the 2500 to be hired, which is about 250-300 candidates, let's just pray and do our best to be part of those who would make the final cut.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
cloud9usher:

If 2500 made the cut which represents 12.5% of the shortlisted candidates then I presume they would pick 10-12% of the 2500 to be hired, which is about 250-300 candidates, let's just pray and do our best to be part of those who would make the final cut.
let's pray and hope.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2017
philvirus:
Well I honestly don't know. Head of HR said something along the line of just do your best don't worry about that which I think is true
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:
@andergirl could you please give a description of the cade scenario; the one used for group discussion and eventually PowerPoint presentation.

You don't have to tell it all
Its long na,don't bother anyway, there won't be any problem in tackling the case study cos you are not doing it alone,just have in mind,its banking related.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2017
I saw from Google maps that the venue is close to costain bus stop. For those that knows Lagos well please I hope am correct?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by taryorh010: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2017
jmanity:
I saw from Google maps that the venue is close to costain bus stop. For those that knows Lagos well please I hope am correct?
Yes
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by firmyralphs(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2017
Good morning future colleagues. I have a place I can stay at ajah. I will like 2 know if I will b making an apt decision 2 logde dr? N if yes, I want 2 know how I can get 2 aganmu frm ajah?. Tanx peeps. Good luck 2 those writing 2day!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Good morning guys, please I have a question for those who stay in Lagos, how many minutes will it take me to get to the venue of the AC if am coming from Apapa?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chevinsmedia: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2017
I think some guys are scheduled for today 24th, monday 26th and tuesday 27th. Anyone with a recent invitation

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.