Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Maintaining A Laptop.see How To Boost Laptop Battery Performance - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Maintaining A Laptop.see How To Boost Laptop Battery Performance (1140 Views)

Lenovo T430s Laptop Battery / I Mistakenly Spilled Water On My Laptop-see How To Fix It / How Do I Know An Original Laptop Battery? Where Can I Get One In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining A Laptop.see How To Boost Laptop Battery Performance by Sniper453(m): 2:33am On Oct 25, 2016
It's not a new trend as Laptops now become more rampant than desktops ,this as a result of its Portability And easy maintenance as there is no external connections or device as Compared to Desktops. But most problems encountered by Laptop users are how to maintain and boost battery performance.This has been indeed a great problem for Most Laptop users as they can't just know how to Enhance battery performance
Here we would be giving out free tips on how to maintain Laptop battery.If you have a Laptop or know someone that does then this article would be useful to you and don't forget to tell your friends about it
How to Enhance Battery Life

1 Prevent your Battery from Overcharging.This is what most Laptop users fail to understand.They think allowing their Battery to Charge even after fully charged helps make it stronger without then knowing that it kills the Laptop system and reduce the Battery Capacity hence low battery Performance

2 Clean Battery Contacts Regularly
Always endeavour to keep Battery Contacts clean either by using alcohol or white petrol every 2-3months,this helps boost fast charging and efficient transfer of Power while Charging

3,Increasing your Ram
If Laptop having low Ram space,then most apps tend to depend on Virtual Memory to carry out their activities hence increasing Power Consumption.Increasing Laptop Ram is a good means of Persevering Battery Life

4 Hibernating
Most users prefer putting laptop on standby.This also preserves battery life but Hibernating it reserves it the more

5 Reducing Multitasking
Opening different apps at the same time consumes a lot of Battery percent as Apps tend to use battery go to carry out its activities. Reducing the rate at which you multi task helps enhancing and boosting Laptop battery life

6 Adjusting Laptop Settings
Adjusting Laptop Settings by reducing keyword backlight and screen brightness helps preserve battery...It's advisable to,always reduce Keyboard backlight when not in the dark to save battery
With this tricks,we promise me a long
For more Andriod tips,always visit
www.viperville.ml

1 Like

Re: Maintaining A Laptop.see How To Boost Laptop Battery Performance by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Mynd44 - come see guide to maintain your battery life.
Re: Maintaining A Laptop.see How To Boost Laptop Battery Performance by AKBliv010(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2016
cc Mynd44 Keneking
Feedback

1. This doesn't apply to laptops made in recent years. Intelligent circuitry has been designed in laptops to switch the power from battery to power adapter when battery is full. So it's actually advisable to keep it plugged in so it doesn't drain your battery because charging and discharging batteries frequently causes it to deteriorate faster. Run a battery report and it will show you how may cycles (full charge and full discharge) it's done and indication of the laptops usage.
Battery: You can create a battery report in Windows by doing the following an example of report below
a. Hit Windows Button + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). This is the quickest way to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
b. Type in and enter: powercfg /batteryreport ( report saved at C:\Windows\system32\battery-report.html)
c. Open the Battery report HTML file to view it.

2. Unless you remove your battery regularly to allow debris and dust to settle on the contact there no need. Some laptops actually have their batteries enclosed so you can't suggest someone unscrews the bottom cover regularly to clean contacts. Fast charging is facilitated by circuitry designed in the laptp to do that not by using alcohol to rub contacts

3. RAM needs power to work so installing more RAM will required extra power from the battery

4. Hibernating does shut down the PC and saves resume data on the HDD instead of the RAM so will save energy however resuming from hibernation is much much slower than resuming from standby, which puts the pc is a low power state, energy draw is insignificant.

5. Agree on this more apps mean more resources need increasing power draw.

6. Agree with this

Feedback score 2.5/6

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Mailing List In Yahoo Mail Classic? / HP Laptop, I3 ,500gb Harddrive,4gb Ram For Just 45k(pics)SOLD!!! / I Want To Learn Computer Engineering And Phone Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.