Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

One Shirt, One Trousers - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / One Shirt, One Trousers - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh (522 Views)

Beware Of What You Eat- A Short Story By Avatarmode / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / The Other Room - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Shirt, One Trousers - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh by Pseudonymous: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
It was my first year in the University of Uyo. We freshers had just finished a lecture at ACB room 9 and the crowd of greenhorns were spilling out of the room and racing down the stair case to catch up with CHM III practicals at Science foundation lab when my inner consciousness leaned over and whispered into my ears.

“Look at that girl, she 's so finnnne!”

I cast a flirty eye at the girl; Her face was gorgeous. Her nose was long and pointed. Her skin was smooth and supple. Her eyes were scintillating. Her legs were long and amazing and her clothes were mesmerizing. She was a goddess of beauty A Work of art.

I replied, “Oh yes, she looks good, she is off the hook mehn"

“I bet you, you can’t bet that girl” my inner consciousness taunted me.

“I can get her!” I declared.

“You see all your male colleagues have gotten girlfriends already and you are the only one without a girlfriend. You can’t get this girl!”

“Watch me get her!” I yelled and I hurried down the staircase after the Goddess whose legs seemed to be floating on the air.

“Hello good afternoon, my name is Leroi, I would like to be friends with you”

Miss Awesome gave a smug smile. She stared at my shirt for some seconds, and said in a melodious tone, “interesting”.

She turned around and floated away in the opposite direction.

...Love is like a butterfly...

...I am in love… heigh ho!

For one week, I searched everywhere on campus for Miss Awesome. I even entered the female hostels and conducted a room to room search to no avail. She was mysterious. No one knew her name, her department nor her faculty.

On a Tuesday evening, I was rushing down to Akpan Ekpo market to collect my GST 111 term paper assignment from the typist when Miss Awesome floated past me with two guys.

“Hello, Excuse me! Hello, excuse me?”

“Yes?”

“Hey, we met the other day at
ACB. Please can I get to know your name and maybe get your phone number?”

Miss Awesome eyes hovered on my face and then moved to my shirt and trouser. She smiled and... Continue reading

(1) (Reply)

BUSINESS BOOKS AFRITURE: 6 African Business Books You Should Read / Benson Switch And Benilin (a Poem) / A Story Of A Good Bargain [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.