Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? (1348 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / See Made In Nigeria Cars Being Displayed At The Lagos Trade Fair (Pictures) / Made In Nigeria Cars -see Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? by emeka2847: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Please does anybody know why all arms of governments at all levels are yet to start patronising Innoson despite all their campaign about "Made In Nigeria" products?

Why do they prefer to import?

Shouldn't they be at the forefront of encouraging Nigerians to buy, by showing us examples?

Is the quality compromised? Or is it because, change begins with 'us'.

Re: Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? by kpomkwem(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
That's easy. It's because of colonial mentality. They believe that imported cars are better & more impressive than locally made ones. They'd rather progress their pockets than the economy. That's why they'd rather travel abroad for medical treatment than patronize and upgrade local hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? by princejones(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
They believe we will evaluate and know how much had been spend in the car purchase, they will rather prefer to buy it abroad where the can now inflate the cost and shortchange her citizens
Re: Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? by ChiefSweetus: 1:00am On Dec 16, 2017
Two posters above me are correct.

To also add, the marketing team of Toyota, Honda, etc i on ground in Nigeria through local affiliates do a lot of lobbying. Govt officials get material and sexùal favours to maintain patronage of their companies. In the end, selfishness is the number one reason, don't listen to idii9ts in power who are "do as I say not as I do" hypocrites.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD !! Clean and sound Toyota Camry 2008 Nigerian use 4 grab #2.55million / Where Do I Get Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Honda Accord 2007 In Abuja? / I Need Sunny Micra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.