Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession (7912 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees / Attack On Shia Muslims Continues In Kaduna From “House To House" (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by crosbreaka: 8:44am On Oct 26, 2016
COURT REFUSES TO GRANT BAIL TO MINORS AND THOSE INJURED IN JOS

By Saifullahi M. Kabir

A Chief magistrate court sitting in Jos, preside by Hon. H. Talatu Shima Esq has refused bail to 44 members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria under the spiritual guardianship of his eminence Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, who were allegedly detained in prison since Wednesday 12/10/2016 till date over what they called ‘Disturbance of Public Peace.’

Those detained, were arrested by a combined team of Nigerian military, Policemen and government sponsored thugs in an attack they launched on peaceful Ashura procession at ‘Unguwar Rogo’, where they teargassed and shot live bullets on people at the domicile of Sheikh Adamu Tsoho, many people sustained injuries from either gunshots or clubs beating, they were later taken to Sector 2 in Jos, and finally handed over to the police.

Out of them, 14 were arrested by the military on their way to the procession, most of which were women and minors, and were charged to court for allegedly disturbing public peace.

There is also Malama Luba Ladan, who was arrested by the military alongside 3 of her daughters shortly after they came out of their house, waiting for ‘Keke Napep’ to reach the procession; suddenly the military parked their vehicle beside and arrested them all, also for allegedly disturbing public peace.

Among those detained in the prison and refused bail is Halimatu Musa (Tabawa), who is breastfeeding a two months old minor. There is also a woman at her 8th month of pregnancy, and another one at 2nd month. There is also one brother who is badly injured on the leg by gunshot, and another one badly injured by beating. The later two were not accepted by the prison authority because of their woeful injuries, they are presently in police custody, but as such the judge refused to grant them bail.

There are also minors who are not even up to punishment, about 13 of them; but the court ordered their detention and refused to grant them bail up to this day, Friday 21/10/2016.

Below is a list of the 13 minors and their ages detained by the court.

1. Aliyu Musa Saminaka – 9yrs.
2. Fatima Muhammad – 10yrs.
3. Muhsina Ibrahim – 10yrs.
4. Abida Abdussalam – 10yrs
5. Mustapha Musa – 11yrs
6. Maryam Ibrahim – 11yrs
7. Mabruka Mustapha – 13yrs
8. Fatima Alhassan – 13yrs
9. Fatima Hassan – 13yrs
10. Hafiza Bashir – 14yrs
11. Khalisa M. Kabir – 14yrs
12. Fatima M. Kabir – 16yrs
13. Ummulkhair Ridwan – 17yrs

http://newsrescue.com/court-refuses-grant-bail-minors-injured-jos/#ixzz4OAsmhtG5

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2016
Government and wahabist doesn't like your activities so you shouldn't be going with minors to such procession, you can get your children killed for some stupid ideology

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2016
Government of bias and lawlessness.
Why am I not surprised? Of course I was in Zaria when the massacre took place last year; if they could kill armless minors in their hundreds, what's detention?

I was staying in a street beside the Shias, they were murdered in cold blood, and soldiers went as far as doing a house to house search in all the surrounding neighborhoods and killed the ones found hiding. We were driven out of our estate for 3days, we slept in churches. The corpses I saw in one of the trucks was more than 600 people but the official figures says over 300.

Most people on nairaland support this government of hate without knowing what is going on behind the scenes. They swallow every garbage the bought-over media dishes out to them..not me! I know what I saw! I know what I know!

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2016
iambijo:
Government and wahabist doesn't like your activities so you shouldn't be going with minors to such procession, you can get your children killed for some stupid ideology

What do you really mean exactly?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Bujumbura(m): 9:14am On Oct 26, 2016
iambijo:
it's called Live and Let's Live. Shiites are Muslims so tolerate them.
Their islamic ideology might differ from Sunnis but who told you that Sunnis have a superior knowledge about islam

15 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Bujumbura(m): 9:15am On Oct 26, 2016
The middle beltans are always a willing tool for the Sunni domination.

Cc omenka

7 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Bujumbura:
it's called Live and Let's Live. Shiites are Muslims so tolerate them.
Their islamic ideology might differ from Sunnis but who told you that Sunnis have a superior knowledge about islam

hold up ! hold up ! I didn't say shiites ain't muslim I don't care what they do with there lives buh what ever they do keep children out of it you got it, superior knowledge between sunni and shiite that's not my business and it's not my concern, am free minded man I've resistance against any religious sects. kids !!

3 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

What do you really mean exactly?
they should exclude minors out of there procession

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2016
iambijo:
they should exclude minors out of there procession

So, that in essence gives the government the moral grounds to deny these minors bail, right?

8 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

So, that in essence gives the government the moral grounds to deny these minors bail, right?
hey am not taking any side here, what government did is wrong and is violation of rights of those minors the juddge too is heartless

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2016
iambijo:
hey am not taking any side here, what government did is wrong and is violation of rights of those minors the juddge too is heartless

Nice one. Have a nice day, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Onyocha: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
iambijo:

Doesn't the presence of kids indicate the procession or call it protest is meant to be peaceful? If the presence of kids doesn't give the procession immunity from being attack, then it means being a Shia Muslim or choosing one's beliefs freely is under threat or in danger. There is no guaranty that if those minors are kept at home or even under their beds, they will be safe once identified as children born to Shia parents. The freedom of people is at stake. You do not justify a wrong action by asking people to take precaution and hide their children. Tomorrow you may as well say Wahhabis or whoever do not like their faith and they should change. Is persecution justified? That is the ultimate demand as it appears, but is that right? Who is the next target?

13 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
Onyocha:

Doesn't the presence of kids indicate the procession or call it protest is meant to be peaceful? If the presence of kids doesn't give the procession immunity from being attack, then it means being a Shia Muslim or choosing one's beliefs freely is under threat or in danger. There is no guaranty that if those minors are kept at home or even under their beds, they will be safe once identified as children born to Shia parents. The freedom of people is at stake. You do not justify a wrong action by asking people to take precaution and hide their children. Tomorrow you may as well say Wahhabis or whoever do not like their faith and they should change. Is persecution justified? That is the ultimate demand as it appears, but is that right? Who is the next target?

government doesn't like there procession, they knew it going to be violent, they knew police will disperse them, why taking children there? I can't risk my kids life gaskia

3 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by iambijo(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Onyocha:

government doesn't like there procession, they knew it going to be violent, they knew police will disperse them, why taking children there? I can't risk my kids life gaskia
Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2016
Smh

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:22am On Oct 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:
Government of bias and lawlessness.
Why am I not surprised? Of course I was in Zaria when the massacre took place last year; if they could kill armless minors in their hundreds, what's detention?

I was staying in a street beside the Shias, they were murdered in cold blood, and soldiers went as far as doing a house to house search in all the surrounding neighborhoods and killed the ones found hiding. We were driven out of our estate for 3days, we slept in churches. The corpses I saw in one of the trucks was more than 600 people but the official figures says over 300.

Most people on nairaland support this government of hate without knowing what is going on behind the scenes. They swallow every garbage the bought-over media dishes out to them..not me! I know what I saw! I know what I know!
Sarrki, omenka, hungerbad, obailala and Co....

See this...

You guys must be delivered!!!

8 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by ezechueze(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS
Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by CR77(f): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2016
Religion of peace cool

3 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by sakalisis(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2016
cry
Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by CR77(f): 7:24am On Oct 27, 2016
Meaning
ezechueze:
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS
Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by RentALodge: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2016
Being a minority in a lot of areas in Nigeria can be very deadly. Nigeria's Shiites are the latest to find this out. No finesse. No class. No precision. No compromise. No dialogue. Just brute force. There will be one excuse after another about why banning the group seems like a good idea. But the question a lot of people have not thought of is: Is Nigeria the only country with Shiites? One of the few benefits of colonialism was that it gave minorities upward mobility. Could have been much much worse today.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

5 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Pavore9: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2016
A minor has no business being in detention! angry

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by realmindz: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2016
Buhari is trying to islamise nigeria.

wailers must wail

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by cyojunior1(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2016
Its crystal clear that this buhari government his aiding the sunni sect to propagate their hideous agenda against the shia !!!

5 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:31am On Oct 27, 2016
Sunni Wahhabism cry

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Jansen915: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2016
Na wah o
Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by cescky(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2016
Who can blame Jos?

They always bear the brunt of those marauding mass murders aka jihadists

1 Like

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by Icecomrade: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2016
Sentiment every where.

When I see irrational decisions like this from our judges,
My conclusion is that they have been compromised.

It's either they have collected bribes as usual or afraid of been investigated for corruption.

So they make decisions to please their masters.

On the other hand

I ve been wondering. The way our government is handling this Shite issue, will it make Shites disappear from Nigeria or deter them for their normal procession.

I doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by objectiveone: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2016
You people are the problem of this country not the govt. Don't they have freedom to embark of peaceful protest when they are being victimized? Imagine these set of people in these country always support the govt.
iambijo:

6 Likes

Re: Jos Court Rejects Bail To Minors And Injured On Shia Ashura Procession by blackpanda: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2016
iambijo:

Bail is at the discretion of the court. Its not automatic. There are things the court takes into consideration which u are not aware of. Besides they can always appeal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

And This Was All Saraki Could Offer Atiku In Kwara State (PHOTOS) / NSCIA Laments Current Economic Challenges / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.