Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

THE REAL REASON WHY LIARS KEEP LYING (MUST READ) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / THE REAL REASON WHY LIARS KEEP LYING (MUST READ) (342 Views)

Drunk Nigeria Police Officer Lying On The Floor / Man Knocks Off Wife's Teeth After Lying To His Kids That She Is Dead (Photos) / Nigerian Soldier Beats His Lover Mercilessly In Public For Lying To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE REAL REASON WHY LIARS KEEP LYING (MUST READ) by MRNews: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2016
I just stumbled on this and I taught I should share :

The real reason why liars keep lying is not far-fetched. Once a liar, always a liar, the old saying goes. Turns out there’s some scientific truth to that: researchers have tracked down how the brain makes lying easier as the untruths build up, providing some biological evidence for why small lies often balloon into ever larger ones.

In a study published in Nature Neuroscience, Tali Sharot from the department of experimental psychology at University College London and her colleagues devised a clever study to test people’s dishonest tendencies while scanning their brains in an fMRI machine. The 80 people in the study were shown pennies in a glass jar and given different incentives to guide whether they lied or told the truth to a fellow partner about how much money was contained in the jar.

In some conditions, both the participant and the partner benefited if the participant lied; in others, just the...

SOURCE : http://www.myrecentnews.com/career/real-reason-liars-keep-lying/

(1) (Reply)

EFCC To Arraign Fani-kayode On New Charges November 10 / How Fraudsters Lured Me To Their Den – Ogun Lawmaker / N4.75bn Arms Cash: Obanikoro Refunds N100.4mto EFCC … May Regain Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.