Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today (706 Views)

Dua To Make Someone Fall In Love With You / Not Acting Bossy, Does It Make Someone Weak? / See 20 Ways Masturbation Can Demolish Your Life And Connections! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today by konjinus(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Kindness begets kindness. If you make someone smile, you just might make their day. Would you like to make a positive impact? If so, here are 20 simple ways to make someone happy.

1. Make Eye Contact and Say “Hello”

Don’t be shy! Do this every time you walk past a person at the grocery store, street, or even at work.

2. Call a Friend for No Reason

Most of us resort to texting these days and save phone calls for when we need something. Surprise a friend with a random phone call and say, “I actually don’t have a reason for calling, I was just wondering how you’re doing?”

3. Send a Thoughtful E-mail

If a co-worker has been talking about something they hope to accomplish (like writing a book or learning a new language), find a helpful article relevant to their goal and send it to them. They will appreciate the thought.

4. Offer Baby-Sitting Services

If you are a trusted friend of a couple who you know is very busy and unable to go out on dates too often, offer to hang out with the kids next weekend so they can escape the house for some much-needed alone time.

5. Check Up on Your Mom

You know you don’t call your mother enough and it will make her day, so just do it.

6. Donate Stuff to Charity

How many of the clothes in your closet do you actually wear? How many toys do your kids really need? Eliminate the clutter from your home and give it to someone who needs it. You can even involve your child in the process so they learn the importance of giving.

7. Throw a Party

It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate, but choose 5-10 of your closet friends and decide on a date that is convenient for all of you. Ask everyone to bring over a single dish or bottle of wine for a fun night of bonding and conversation.

8. Offer Encouragement

Do you know a friend who wants to accomplish a big goal in life? Tell them that you believe they can do it and offer your support.

9. Rally the Troops

If someone in your workplace is having a really hard time because a death in the family or whatever the case may be, take the initiative to get a card and have everyone in the office sign it.

10. Be Mysterious

Plan a fun night-out with your partner, but don’t inform them of any of the details. You could get tickets to a live play or concert they would enjoy, reserve spots in a dance class, or simply go on a peaceful hike. Explain the proper attire, but don’t tell them the rest.

11. The Forgotten Birthday

We have all forgotten about a birthday of a close friend, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make them happy. Surprise them with a thoughtful gift days or even weeks after the fact. Write a little note saying something like, “I kinda forgot about your birthday and feel like a big goof, but hey, this present more than makes up for it, am I right?”

12. Write a Thank You Note

If someone helped you move furniture, land a job or prepare for a big project, write a note expressing your gratitude. Make sure they know that if they ever could use your help, you’d be more than happy to return the favor.

13. Dance the Night Away

This point is mostly targeted to men because I know a lot of you prefer sitting-on-the-side-lines in the club, but don’t you think your partner might like it if you joined her on the dance floor? Your manhood will not wither away and you are not going to look silly, I promise.

14. Do Some Chores

If some friends invited you over for dinner, march over to the sink and start working on the dishes without as much as asking if they could use your help.

15. Brew a New Pot

Walking into the break room is a moment of terror that fills all coffee fiends with dread. Save your co-workers from this nightmare by brewing a new pot if you get the last cup. Continue reading at http://www.yakshub.com.ng/2016/10/15-ways-to-make-someone-happy-today.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
The likes for this post and the one above must pass a thousand, else I'll long in the other room.
Re: 20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today by Viking007(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
In this recession, the most easiest and fastest way of making anybody happy is to credit their bank account.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ways To Make Someone Happy Today by konjinus(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
Mynd44 Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Girl Found Wandering In Kaduna / Wahala Between Sister Beauty And Jeff / When I Became A Mother, Feminism Let Me Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.