Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship (49022 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Coldfeet(f): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
presidentMZ:
That is what you will never see in the mosque, thinking of converting to Islam? Coz they are very decent especially the educated amongst.
Don't play that holier than thou card now o! Have you seen what your ladies wear underneath that burqa Abi na hijab shocked

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by SWORD419(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
this is the only method to make men not to miss mass
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
There is nothing worse than blaming ladies who dress "provocatively", for rape.
Some 'adults' need to exercise greater self-control if they are to be regarded as full functioning individuals in the society.

Thank goodness that the Orwellian bill to ban so-called "indecent dressing" was shot down in the National Assembly. If it had scaled through, millions of innocent women in the country would have been unduly harassed by unruly police officers, all in the name of enforcing a stupid law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by ricson11(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chukwudi oya get ready abuja direct on sunday
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Richy4(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
I am just wondering why the residents were reacting instead of the worshipers.....
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by seunlly(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
some pastor will even admit
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Suleh620(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
The post is directly talking to the other side not my side. proud to be a muslim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
You pentecostal Christians sef cry

1 Like

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by iamharkinwaley: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
just dey look
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by InvertedHammer: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
/
What I don't understand is while ladies hide their iphone7 and money from thieves, they expose their privates to rapists.
In other words, they value money and iphone7 more than their privates.

We are advised to not to leave items of value in plain sight in a vehicle. Why? Because attraction leads to action.

Why give criminals easy access to the goodies?
\

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by babatgtr: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
proxitaly:
[[size=18pt]b]“I wore a mini gown, which highlighted my hips and bust and the ‘old-fashioned’ usher refused to allow me enter the church.

“Since then, I decided to join another church that won’t judge me based on my dressing but my heart.

After all, the Lord sees the heart not the body; so, why should anybody judge me?”[/b][/size]

SMH
YOU are right but if I may ask, can you Identify unripe orange mere looking at it,? When you see spoilt pawpaw without tasting it you will know is spoiled, what is outside shows what it's inside. Don't let us deceive ourselves by saying God sees the heart, a good heart can never produce bad fruits, NO ONE WILL SEE SHIT AROUND A CUP ND BELIEVE THE WATER INSIDE IS CLEAN,.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by seunlly(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by niyi123: 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
Coldfeet:
Don't play that holier than thou card now o! Have you seen what your ladies wear underneath that burqa Abi na hijab shocked

So far they dont expose their critical parts, that is no one business, everybody cannot be a slut.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
proxitaly:
[[size=18pt]b]“I wore a mini gown, which highlighted my hips and bust and the ‘old-fashioned’ usher refused to allow me enter the church.

“Since then, I decided to join another church that won’t judge me based on my dressing but my heart.

After all, the Lord sees the heart not the body; so, why should anybody judge me?”[/b][/size]

SMH
If the old fashioned usher judges your heart, the case will still be the same, tell yourself the truth
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Originalsly: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
All that kind dressing is to entice the pastors.... who never complain!... to them is all good to have the goods on display...makes it easier for them to narrow the choice. But don't worry... in 20 years time... the present day indecent dressers would be condemning the younger ones .. shouting " in our days we would never dare dress like this to church... with bra and panties only"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by fortunechy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
CHUKWU MA ONYE UKA

1 Like

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Saammiee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
proxitaly:

SMH

I shouldn't be surprised ...keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by ade002: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
proxitaly:

SMH

AFTER ALL. THE HEART IS NO WHERE CLOSE TO THE BODY. .....
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
proxitaly:

My broda i fear some girls with reasoning o.

SMH
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Sealeddeal(m): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
What is the difference between this condemnation and sharia law?
Foolish terrorist Christians.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by yetseyi(f): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
People forget that the church is both for the sinners and is also a place of sanctuary for the saved. The church is not for sinners alone. Its also for those who are trying to build up their christain life, its also for baby christains and mature christains. Why then will a Christain be tempted right in Gods house. If one can't differentiate between a church setting and a social gathering or even a club there is a big problem.

We deceive ourselves with the come as you are , and God sees the heart only doctrine, we forget that the Bible also says we should present our bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God. Is dressing with your boobs on show holy? Is it acceptable to God, do you think you are presenting your body dressed like that acceptable to God.Who told you God is not interested in your outward appearance? Your appearance/dressing is a reflection of your heart.

There's also the gospel of grace we abuse a lot, we forget that the same bible that says his grace abounds for us also says shall we continue in sin that grace may abound God forbid.

Until we begin to balance scriptures and not take one part and forget the other part we will still have this issue.

Its a double edged sword

God is a God of mercy and also a God of judgement and a God of justice and a God of vengance, we seem to remember he is merciful and forget the other aspects of him.

If you are out there and you are still causing people to fall right in the church with your dressing under the pretext of God sees the heart only you are on a long thing , and there is a reward for making other people fall.

You dress indecently you go out and dress properly simple, don't be a stumbling block to others.

The most annoying part of it all is that it's not even new converts that dress like that most times its people who claim to have been christains for a while.Even new converts cover up the next time they are coming.

Thank God I am not an usher.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by electrokcoi(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
God I beg divide this world so that women will be on their own, i hate their dressing this days

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Elfaris(m): 10:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
presidentMZ:
That is what you will never see in the mosque, thinking of converting to Islam? Coz they are very decent especially the educated amongst.
You are always welcome... May Allah guide us all to the right part..

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by notoriousbabe: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
See as osusumustflow carry her yeye bweast go Sidon for the front of her pastor. cry cry
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Smart41(m): 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Una neva chi chum chin :Da
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Oches4me(m): 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
Christians has forgotten they Bible, they copy everything the west do, they easily condemned Muslim for dressing decent and putting on hijab but commend people that open up they private parts. Islam is perfect religion that talk all aspect of life.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by akorson5(m): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
I judge not. is any here not sinner ?
Re: Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Madam, are u a deeper life church member because even the ones that are worse than these are seen in our churches.
Haba, u are a lady so u know better than i do
Coldfeet:
Who in their right senses can wear such outfit to a place of worship?

It's either a mad person or a prostitute
angry

Better sit at home and watch the service on TV instead of causing an innocent soul to sin by lusting after your exposed parts! If you don't have any decent cloth to wear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maiduguri EYN Church Members Still Worship At The Demolished Premises (photos) / Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass / Joshua Iginla Visits Mount Camel, Israel Where Elijah Called Down Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.