Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,078 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question (1041 Views)

Crab Capable Of Tearing Coconut Apart And More[photo] / These animals Are Capable Of Taking Revenge (Photos) / When Someone Refuses To Assist You In The Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
helo people, im sorry to bother anyone(which i hope im forgiven) but i need help from fellow students seriously!
I have an economics question i'd like someone to help me with. im in level 100, Accra Technical University, Ghana!

the qtn is;

1. Educare incorporated is into educational consultancy. In 2015, Educare charged a consultancy fee of $1000 per service rendered to each customer. A total of ten(10) institutions registered with the company in 2015. An economic research firm has estimated that the *price elasticity coefficient* for the company's service as at January 2017 is -2.5. As the chief marketing Officer, you are required to:

(a) Use the arc elasticity of demand formula to determine the price that the comapny should charge for its services in 2017, if it wants to increase its customer base to twenty(20) institutions.

(b) calculate the change in total revenue if the new price is implemented

2. Discuss the relevance of price elasticity of demand to the marketing manager in terms of revenue maximization. support your argument with appropriate diagrams.....

please help me with this qtn... thank you!
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Girl360(f): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Oh Uhh I had lectures on this today

Lemme see if I can help
Brb
phl3moGh:
helo people, im sorry to bother anyone(which i hope im forgiven) but i need help from fellow students seriously!
I have an economics question i'd like someone to help me with. im in level 100, Accra Technical University, Ghana!
thank you!
Oh Uhh I had a lecture on this today

Lemme see if I can help
Brb
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by EmperorLee(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Very simple thing.

I dey CUM.
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Girl360(f): 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
EmperorLee:
Very simple thing.

I dey CUM.
Oh Emperor will help you then
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Asgafconcepts(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
EmperorLee:
Very simple thing.

I dey CUM.

Loz...answer it na
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Girl360(f): 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
This is for the first question.

You can always Google the second one
Cc: Phl3moGh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Asgafconcepts(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
Girl360:
This is for the first question.

You can always Google the second one
Cc: Phl3moGh

You are good!! cheesy

But can you please help with interpretation ?
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Girl360(f): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2016
Asgafconcepts:

You are good!! cheesy

Okay so in order to maximize revenue, one would have to look at the elasticity of demand for the product involved.

In this case demand is price elastic, that is the co-efficient of elasticity, which is 2.5 is >1

**we ignore the negative sign

Hence an increase in price of the commodity will lead to a reduction in the quantity demanded, which will lead to a reduction in total revenue.

However a decrease in price will lead to the opposite of the above since demand is elastic, all other things being equal.

From this we can conclude that the manager needs to reduce price in order to maximize total revenue

You just have to draw a demand curve and a corresponding TR curve illustrating the above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 12:37am On Oct 27, 2016
Girl360:

Okay so in order to maximize revenue, one would have to look at the elasticity of demand for the product involved.

In this case demand is price elastic, that is the co-efficient of elasticity, which is 2.5 is >1

Hence an increase in price of the commodity will lead to a reduction in the quantity demanded, which will lead to a reduction in total revenue.

However a decrease in price will lead to the opposite of the above since demand is elastic, all other things being equal.

From this we can conclude that the manager needs to reduce price in order to maximize total revenue

You just have to draw a demand curve and a corresponding TR curve illustrating the above

Thank you soooo much, ma/sir... You are a genius..
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 12:38am On Oct 27, 2016
Asgafconcepts:

You are good!! cheesy

He/she is indeed good!
smiley
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 12:40am On Oct 27, 2016
Girl360:

I appreciate your time and effort!
Thank u smiley smiley

Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 12:51am On Oct 27, 2016
EmperorLee:
Very simple thing.

I dey CUM.

Bros, u never came ooo grin
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Girl360(f): 1:55am On Oct 27, 2016
phl3moGh:

Thank you soooo much, ma/sir... You are a genius..
Lool I'm not a Sir, neither am I a Ma.

I'm also in level 100, okay?

Anyways you're welcome
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 2:27am On Oct 27, 2016
Girl360:
Lool I'm not a Sir, neither am I a Ma.

I'm also in level 100, okay?

Anyways you're welcome

Ok... Well noted,
Thank you very much smiley smiley
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by EmperorLee(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2016
Girl360:

Oh Emperor will help you then

phl3moGh:

Bros, u never came ooo grin

Asgafconcepts:

Loz...answer it na

Sorry, I was sleep-typing last night, I no know anything grin cheesy
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by Eleniyan15: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2016
Girl360:

scholar
Re: I Need Help From Anyone Capable To Assist Me With This Economis Question by phl3moGh(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
EmperorLee:

Sorry, I was sleep-typing last night, I no know anything grin cheesy

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

See What Federal Poly Oko Student Are Passing Through (pics) / Solution To A Tricky NECO SSCE 2017 Maths Question On Variation / See What Students Will Now Pay Even In Federal Universities,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.