Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Online Counselling In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Online Counselling In Nigeria (601 Views)

All Marital Issues Free Counselling @ rhemaformula / Free Online Counselling / Know These Benefits Of Relationship Counselling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Counselling In Nigeria by mioranyan(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mental health is one issue i have discovered we pay very low attention to in this part of the world, i have come to realize that so many people we see or call mad today would have had a better situation if we have properly taken care of these aspect of life in nigeria. So many young men today are actually going insane without even knowing, some are getting extremely addicted to alcohol, smoking and other substances all in the name of social pleasure or in a bid to feel among. The painful aspect is that the youth, is actually falling victim. go into our streets today and see young boys and girls, drinking and smoking like their lives depends on it. The bars, spots and restaurants are beehives of drunken young people especially on weekends, this makes me ask the question that, what is happening, is it that their are no other form of social events or gatherings that could keep people occupied? in this country where religion is so popular, yet we are rated as one of the highest consumers of alcohol in the west african subregion.

so many people can give various reasons to it, drinking or taking to any form of addiction can be given various excuses, when a man looses a loved one, he goes to grab a few bottles to mourn, a guy gets a new job, he celebrates with a few bottle, either negative or positive event, it hardly goes down without the 'falling' of 'green bottles', 'black bottles' and a host of various assorted poisons being conjured and packaged in various containers for consumption.

in developed countries, you hear of counselling, you here of self help groups, you here of AA meetings and so forth, but over here, people hardly even know what counselling is all about. government derives huge revenue from the sales of these addictive substances but little is done in creating both awareness and institutions to help curb the dangers and menaces it presents to our societies.

aside from addiction issues, there are a host of other issues that requires counselling, a lot of people are stuck in their rooms, lost in their own thoughts, in their own world with no one to talk to. some are dying and suffering in silence in various homes, either under strict conditions of which they have little or virtually nothing to do to salvage their plights. online counselling can go a long way to bridge that gap and assist people in such situations.

www.dilemma.org.ng is an online platform i have discovered that offers such service, they have friendly counselors who are virtually online 24/7 offering free counseling service on various issues. a problem shared is half solved so they say, you can talk anonymously to experienced counsellors online and get the help you need. Two head they say is better than one.
Re: Online Counselling In Nigeria by flexit: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Get access to online counsellors for FREE and get online counselling at your convenience from www.truthshare.com.ng
Re: Online Counselling In Nigeria by mindengrave(m): 5:33pm On May 24, 2022
You can trust Arogi Trauma Care Foundation

https://mindengrave.africa/listing/free-counseling-and-therapy-at-arogi-trauma-care-foundation/

This foundation gives therapy and counseling FREE. You will not spend a dime. They have a dedicated TOLL FREE line that will take care of your call expenses. And if you are scheduled for physical therapy session, all you have to spend is your transport fare.

Trust me you can take my word to the bank.

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person / Landlord Wahala / Viewer Decr "This Lady Was Hired As Househelp, Within 9 Days she stole 2Million"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.