Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria (24182 Views)

Does Any Bank Grant Student Loan In Nigeria? / Abeg I Nid The Sort Code 4 Stertling Bank,ire Akari Branch / CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria by Pressclix(m): 6:20am On Oct 27, 2016
What is Sort Code?
Sort code is a nine digits number that identifies a specific branch of a bank. The first three digits are the bank’s standard code, the next digit is the location of the bank and the last five digits are for the bank branch.
Why do i need a bank sort code?
Bank sort code is used when you are doing a fund transfer from one bank to another. It can be inter or intra-bank bank transfer. That is, when receiving or sending money from a bank outside Nigeria, you will surely need to provide your bank's sort code when necessary.
How to find Sort Code of any Bank in Nigeria

The sort code is use to know where the account originated and it is especially used for e-payments. The bank locates the Bank, branch and your account number then directs the fund to your account.

So Where can i get my Bank sort code?

You can find the sort code of your bank in so many ways.
On every bank's check leaf: If you take a look at one of your check leaf you will find three set of numbers underneath the check leaf; the first is the check number, the second is the sort code while the third is your bank account number. Every branch has different sort code. While the first 3 digits are always the same, the last six digits differs with the branch of the particular bank. For people that does fund transfer from one bank to another (whether inter or intra bank transfer), sort code would be required whenever such services is to be executed. Sort code helps in determining the source of an account i.e. the branch and location of an account number where funds needs to be directed especially whenever e-payments is to be carried out.
Current account holders can find their bank branch sort code on their cheque leaf. It is the middle setoff characters printed on the MICR of every single leaf on a cheque book.
How to find Sort Code of any Bank in Nigeria >>

Nigerian Banks and the first three digits of their sort code

1 Like

Re: How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria by Chukatabra: 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
This article simplifies the process of finding sort codes for any bank in Nigeria. It really helped me a lot...

Check it out: https://blog.changera.co/how-to-find-bank-sort-codes-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / Best Ways To Make Money Off Valentine In 2020 / Fire Breaks Out At Tejuosho Market, Yaba, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.