Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy (1467 Views)

APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / We Already Have IDPs In Aba Just Like In The North East - Ossy Prestige Tells FG / Militant Leader, Ossy Ibori Killed In Ondo (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2016
Honourable Prestige Ossy represents Aba North/South Federal Constituency of Abia State on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance. He is the Chairman, House Committee on Nigeria – Meico Relations as well as the Technical Committee on Customs and Excise. In this interview, he says South East governors are lily-livered, following what he describes as their poor response to the killings linked to herdsmen in the zone. He also says restructuring Nigeria is the way out of the current economic recession.

Fulani herdsmen have been terrorising some communities in the country, especially in the South East. What is your advice to governors and lawmakers in the zone?

It takes one with guts to be a leader. Most of them are lily-livered. There is nothing that will stop you as a leader, as a governor or a member of the House from saying something that will protect your people. If you cannot take the bull by the horn by enacting laws that will protect the citizens of your state, then I don’t know what else you are talking about.

Most of them don’t have that confidence. If you have confidence in yourself, I don’t see any reason why you should not come up with such legislation because you are not doing it against anybody. Nobody will be happy to come to his farm the next morning to see that his farm is ravaged by herdsmen. It is never done but because of the fear of the unknown, ‘who knows if I say this now, what will happen?’ some of them are even thinking of second tenure. ‘If I say this now, these people might make it difficult for me to go for second tenure’. That is actually the problem.

I don’t see any reason why most of them in the South-East are keeping quiet when these things happen.

I am challenging them, if they know that they actually have the mandate of the people, let them speak for the people and do things right for the people. I don’t see the reason why they should shy away from the truth of the matter by enacting laws to protect our farmers and our citizens from the rampaging herdsmen.

Have you made any effort to talk with the Abia State governor or Speaker on the herdsmen’s attacks?

Let me say this, I have a lot of programmes here at the National Assembly but they (governors) are there in the South-East, they know what the problems are, and that is why we elected them. They also elected me to come to Abuja and look at those laws that will benefit our people and bring in Federal Government presence that our state should get from the center.

I feel sad that most of them are just there, these things are going on and none of them is speaking but that does not mean that I wouldn’t make out time.

•Honourable Prestige Ossy
The country is witnessing economic recession. What do you think the Federal Government can do to get us out of this quagmire?

I have been an advocate of diversification. I want to say that government has been paying lip service to diversification. I have not seen the seriousness on the part of government to diversify this economy.

They are talking of diversification into agriculture, but tell me one policy of government that has encouraged real mechanized farming. I have not seen that government, state, local or even federal, buying one tractor to support farmers. All we hear is that we are to do mechanize farming. How can you do mechanized farming without tractors to work with? How can you go into mechanized farming without fertilizer, without improved seedling, without facilities where you can store if you harvest, without processor that will process those things and they come finished products.

All we do is pay lip service. Tell me one area, at least I come from the South East, I have not heard from any governor, I have not seen one tractor imported, the Federal Government has not also not imported one. What we hear is that we are diversifying into agriculture.

Go to the Bank of Agriculture and talk of loan and see whether you will get it. The incentives are not the order of the day

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/herdsmens-killings-south-east-governors-lily-livered-hon-prestige-ossy/

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Firstlieutenant(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2016
After dem go say Yorubas be coward, ordinary Fayose pattern dem no fit copy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 9:56am On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
I think the Igbo governors are afraid of the EFCC sent to them.

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by AgentH2SO4: 10:19am On Oct 27, 2016
I agree.

The governors are just cowards.

They are most likely afraid of Buhari using the EFCC to harass them.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
Na only fayose you dey talk.Shebe herdsmen don attack lagos and Ogun state and go scot-free?Why the governors for these state no take action?Yeye.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2016
AgentH2SO4:
I agree.

Why dem dey fear efcc.Sheybe immunity cover them to steal.Efcc na God?No be olisa metuh go there and returned safely?

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by CliffordOrji: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2016
It is true. All our leaders in Igboland are liily livered, spineless and gutless cowards. How I wish Governor Fayose can rule us in Igboland

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by bibinwaka: 10:53am On Oct 27, 2016
true talk!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Firstlieutenant(m): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2016
comshots:
Na only fayose you dey talk.Shebe herdsmen don attack lagos and Ogun state and go scot-free?Why the governors for these state no take action?Yeye.

At least one Yoruba done stand out whereas all igbos be sitting-ducks. Okpo!

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2016
CliffordOrji:
It is true. All our leaders in Igboland are liily livered, spineless and gutless cowards. How I wish Governor Fayose can rule us in Igboland
That enugu governor own is the worst.

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Shey be una call am a traitor,that he is not a Yorubaman?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Bobandgreat: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
comshots:
Shey be una call am a traitor,that he is not a Yoruba?

Don't mind them. If u check well, u will see that Fayose has a little Igbo connection in him. Let Fayose come to Igbo land, he is our son.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Unblockable: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
Bobandgreat:

Don't mind them. If u check well, u will see that Fayose has a little Igbo connection in him. Let Fayose come to Igbo land, he is our son.

He has little Igbo connection yet those who are 'complete' Igbos are lilly-livered.

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by pword: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Igbo governrship really missed fearless Orji Uzor Kalu here,i could remember during sharia riot in kaduna years back. He threatened and i qoute "If any Easterner is killed in any part of nigeria again i will retariate".
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Perceptor(m): 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Unblockable:

He has little Igbo connection yet those who are 'complete' Igbos are lilly-livered.
Lol...I thought I was d only one who reasoned that. But u av to knw this bro., bravery in igbo means shouting and chest beating, Not taking actions.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by neocortex: 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Weren't you among the Fayose haters ?
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by nonsobaba: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
I believe he was specifically referring to the crying governor of enugu state.
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Enugu state governor bothers me, not because he supposedly cried, but because he won't act. I don't know what's wrong with him. Enugu ppl are gentle, but not docile.

I heard from my mum that when the so called herdsmen we're coming, at one point, the governor was made aware of such. That he called Buhari to request for soldiers or something and that he was put on indefinite hold. My mums issue with it, is that will he wait for Buhari even when ppl are gonna die, which is what happened. It's unfortunate.

I don't believe that the SE governors are lily-livered but I wonder what's holding them back from action. Maybe the precedent that was set in the 60's, cause we all know what happened the last time Igbo leaders took action against mass murderers.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by proeast(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lilly-livered is even an understatement. They are shameless and irresponsible cowards!!!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by proeast(m): 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
Taa Mechionu, the same Fayose your people rejected out of cowardice?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by proeast(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

The day your people can produce a courageous and fearless person like Nnamdi Kanu then I'll take you serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
AgentH2SO4:
I agree.

But the EFCC should not be an excuse if they dont have any thing to hide IMO.
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Funlordjnr: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
Not suprising sef.....after all their gods "ojukwu and kanu" have displayed a mastery of cowardly actions in the past!

grin

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by chiamaka21(f): 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
grin grin grin cool
Funlordjnr:

Not suprising sef.....after all their gods "ojukwu [size=5pt]and[/size] kanu" have displayed a mastery of cowardly actions in the past!

Pls don't mind my people. We term [size=15pt]chest beating [/size]and [size=15pt]shouting[/size] as [size=15pt]bravery[/size]

grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
proeast:
The day your people can produce a courageous and fearless person like Nnamdi Kanu then I'll take you serious.
The one who's gonna rot in jail?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2016
Not on front page yet?
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by obaaderemi: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2016
proeast:
The day your people produce fearless civilians like fela and gani who stood up against mad military men like obj,buhari\idiagbon,ibb,abacha i will take u serious.
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by ndavengers: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

i've said it several times that the fulani herdsmen should kill the coward igbos and takeover their land. i've never seen so coward race in my life. fayose of yoruba race is one man standing in that southern part of the zoo called nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by dragonking3: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lalasticlala edakun, biko
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by ThumbzTNA(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
Whether Fayose, whether Fani Kayoed, all Afonjas are snakes and shouldn't be trusted

(1) (Reply)

N40k Salary For Lawyer With 3 Years Experience Job Advert Causes Stir Online / Live Photos From The Ongoing Protest / If Nothing Changes Biafra May Be The Answer .. Ohaneze Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.